Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Found a pic of the car:
    Dude, it's like you're clairvoyant!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    This may have been the snow storm that convinces me to get a snowblower.
    I did it old-school shovel-style for the longest time, but finally got a machine last year. Well, well worth it. (We live on a corner, so I've got more than triple what my neighbors have.)
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

They don't call it heart attack snow for no reason: http://www.startribune.com/local/south/182838621.html

I like shoveling because it gives us a chance to get some fun oversize. Although it stinks when the snow plow makes more work for you...but that is made up by nice neighbors who snowblow that for you.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Too bad you can't pay off some neighborhood kids to shovel it for ya.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Per BPH:

Just saw some Macalester football players hanging around the Grand Avenue crossings through their campus, apparently for the sole reason of pushing stuck cars up a slick spot. That is kinda cool.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
            I did it old-school shovel-style for the longest time, but finally got a machine last year. Well, well worth it. (We live on a corner, so I've got more than triple what my neighbors have.)
            Yeah, this one was just not fun. I have a somewhat sloped driveway (enough to make shoveling it a small pain). The 14-18 inches we got was enough to be tired of it. Plus I have a north-facing driveway so I can't just half*ss it like my neighbors only to have the sun take care of it. I'm thinking the Toro 726 will more than suffice but I'd really like to get the 926 (overkill).

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I like shoveling because it gives us a chance to get some fun oversize. Although it stinks when the snow plow makes more work for you...but that is made up by nice neighbors who snowblow that for you.
            Yeah, the plow berm was a good 24 inches high. Packed snow. Heavy as ****. Took me as long to do the plow berm this morning as it did to do the entire driveway last night.

Too bad you can't pay off some neighborhood kids to shovel it for ya.
            I could, but they'd probably do a **** job. And I'd say 95% of them aren't even in high school. Plus there's the huge liability issue. I've nearly fallen on the sloped part a few times shoveling downwards. Although, that usually only happens when I hit a series of snow-dry-snow patches. Really throws off the balance.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't shovel or blow it. I have a plow. It is nice because I didn't have to pay for it, and I just use the 4-wheeler, but it tears up the lawn where I push the snow. Luckily, I have a few places to push it that it doesn't really matter, because grass doesn't grow there anyway. The best part is I can handle much more snow than most people.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I don't worry about the snow. Underground parking, 4WD, and only thing I have to sorta clear is part of my patio, which I can do with a broom.

Comment

I'd love to do that, but:

a) I have no need since my driveway is 2.5x2 cars
                  b) I have no place to push it (suburban neighborhood)
                  c) There is little room for maneuvering on my street
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'd love to do that, but:

a) I have no need since my driveway is 2.5x2 cars
                    b) I have no place to push it (suburban neighborhood)
                    c) There is little room for maneuvering on my street
                    Remember, bbdl lives out in 'Murica!ville.

Comment

I's aware
                      Code:

Comment

I's aware
                        I said it more for taking a shot at bbdl, rather than making sure you knew where he lived.

Comment

I said it more for taking a shot at bbdl, rather than making sure you knew where he lived.
                          A shot? How so? I'd take living where I do over living further in the city, sharing walls with people, packed in quarter acre lots, etc. every single time. No amount of yard work or snow removal is too much when compared to having to share a wall with someone.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            A shot? How so? I'd take living where I do over living further in the city, sharing walls with people, packed in quarter acre lots, etc. every single time. No amount of yard work or snow removal is too much when compared to having to share a wall with someone.
                            You're a screamer, huh?
                            Code:

Comment

I like to be amongst civilization for everyday life, at least for now. Where you live? That's retirement land for me.

Comment

I like to be amongst civilization for everyday life, at least for now. Where you live? That's retirement land for me.
                                You really don't understand if you think I'm out of civilization, I'm as close to anything that matters as you are.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X