Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    There's no way that's correct. For three reasons:

1. The ECMWF model is showing about 2" of snowfall over that time period.
    2. The GFS model is showing less than an inch of precipitation over the 24-hour period starting 7 pm Monday
    3. Paul Douglas hasn't told us we're all going to die.
    Bingo. When Belinda Jensen tells us that we are goners, then we will really have nothing to worry about.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesotans Still Arguing About the Weather...

****it weather warm up! I guess we were due for a colder spring after last years summer like temps at this time.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The news networks have begun telling us that the end is nigh. Ruh roh. I hope it goes nuts, because I won't have to be in Hastings at 6:00am then.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Just blew 4 inches of snow off the driveway WITHOUT a coat on - it is actually pleasant outside. We are getting another 4-6 tonight/tomorrow.
          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight with all your might!
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          We are out to win your fame,
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

So KARE 11.2's station is saying that the historical record snowfall in Minneapolis for April was in 1984, and that total was 18.7" for the month. This year we have 21.5", half the month remaining, and a couple inches forecast for Thursday.

Oh, and we're 15-20 degrees below average. Normal highs by the end of the week is 61. That won't be us this year.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              So KARE 11.2's station is saying that the historical record snowfall in Minneapolis for April was in 1984, and that total was 18.7" for the month. This year we have 21.5", half the month remaining, and a couple inches forecast for Thursday.

Oh, and we're 15-20 degrees below average. Normal highs by the end of the week is 61. That won't be us this year.
              Tonight felt much more like football weather than baseball weather at Target Field.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

This weather is sucky. I guess this averages out the awesome weather we had last year.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Duluth broke a record for most snowfall from Feb to April. They have over 100 inches of snow this year.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

A coworker told me his utilities bill said that this month was 24 degrees colder than the same period last year.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Watching a whole lot of long rolling thunder and lightning here in SE Michigan.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Around 12 inches could fall in Duluth from this next storm. That would put them over the April record for snowfall.

This weather is really putting a crimp in my golf plans this summer.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

This is gayer than AIDS.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Saw an article in the WSJ predicting a record flood in Fargo ND this spring.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              That's not good...they were about an inch from going over the floodwalls 4 or 5 years ago...

Sirens going off in the SW metro...SNOWNADO!!!
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                The 100 yrs flood that happens every 10 years.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X