• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5mn_Major
    replied
    Re: HOT HOT HOT Planet

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
    About 71, clear blue skies, and a gentle sea breeze. Been like this all week.
    Ya, but at least we've got insects.

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    It was so hot here a few days ago that the velcro that held my thermometer in place melted. Right now, it is cloudy and still 91 in the shade. It's also humid as hell. I haven't been able to get much sleep for the past week.
    *****http://agnewsmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/dry_heat.jpg******

*****http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=117328******

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It was so hot here a few days ago that the velcro that held my thermometer in place melted. Right now, it is cloudy and still 91 in the shade. It's also humid as hell. I haven't been able to get much sleep for the past week.

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

Currently 86 in State College - expected to hit 100 this afternoon.
    Walked 9 holes last evening in 90+ temps but the breeze helped to cool us off just a bit.

The forecast calls for temps to drop into the 80s by Monday.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    It was so hot driving home after work today it really wasn't cool to me to have the windows down on my car. Think my car's might be going bad and if so, I'll at least want to save what I can of it for going into work.
    If you're talking about your car's AC, I was able to re-charge mine using one of those re-charging products. Was blowing hot air in the spring and I saw a spot on TV for those products which only recently became legal here in Wisconsin.

Took 3 canisters, but I have AC and it cost me about $80. I'm sure it would have been hundreds at the shop.

As far as the hot air out the window... When we were in Indiana last week during the 112 degree heat, we put our hands out the window at 75mph and it felt like a blow dryer. Usually, at that speed, it at least shouldn't feel HOT.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

It was so hot driving home after work today it really wasn't cool to me to have the windows down on my car. Think my car's might be going bad and if so, I'll at least want to save what I can of it for going into work.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

70s-80s in northern California. Don't know what you guys are whining about.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The upside of all this is that the nights are gorgeous on the deck.

Sat outside from 8-ish till after 11 and it was so nice out. Perfect temp and due to our drought, not a single mosquito. Saw a killer shooting star also.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    F* SUMMER!

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

F* SUMMER!

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

I love Lake Superior / giant air conditioner. Topped out in the mid 80s this week, settling back into the mid 70s for the weekend and next week.

Leave a comment:

• Rimbaud
    replied

About 71, clear blue skies, and a gentle sea breeze. Been like this all week.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

The heat has finally broken. It is beautiful out now.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Out on the golf course (9 holes today -- too hot for 18), it was 96. Think the Humiture was over 100. The weekend is going to be worse.
    Oh and some folks in the area are still without power from last Friday's storm.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Was camping near Indianapolis last Thursday and Friday and at one point the temp read 112. The air wasn't that hot, but the ground and the air just above it was. I just wanted to stop sweating...

My bar on what is hot has been moved considerably higher than it was before that.

It's above 100 here in Madison today. Our pool is a comfortable 97.

Overall, not too bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X