HOT HOT HOT Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT HOT HOT Planet

On my way home from work this afternoon, between Holland, MI and Grand Rapids, MI, it reached 103 degrees in two places and was nearly consistent at 102 degrees most of the way home.

What about the temp in your piece of the planet?
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Re: HOT HOT HOT Planet

91 here in NYC today, fifth consecutive day with highs over 90. Supposed to hit 100 tomorrow and be over 90 again on Sunday before cooling down a bit with highs in the 80s next week.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Currently 97 degrees...heat index of 109 degrees according to the weather channel. If definitely feels like it. Just stepped in from outdoors. I'll be staying inside 'til the sun begins to set.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

It's roughly 100 for what seems like the fifth day in a row here in MSP.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Much too hot. Thankfully, I believe we have rain and a cold front on our horizon.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

?
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Partly cloudy and 57.

u mad, lower 48?
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

98 degrees, with a 118 heat index, currently in Minnetonka (suburb of Minneapolis, for you who don't know).

If that ain't Beerdarts weather, I dunno what is.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

98, but humidity is low - it only feels like 100.

Yeah Twitch, I'm mad, even with the a/c.

Comment

The G R Ford International Airport is reporting 104, but thankfully the humidity is only at 30%.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

My little computer tab for weather says it's 105 a few miles south of Madison, WI. Third day in a row over 100, and oddly enough, the third day in a row I've hunkered in the AC.
                      "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

?
                        Yes, I admit, this was my inspiration for the thread!!!

or this,

Comment

Weather bug hit 102 and has been more than 100 since noon.
                          AC aldo finally fixed today after dying last Thursday.
                          It's been 96+ for the last week here in Cedar Falls.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

107 today in Carbondale, IL. Still 105 at 5:30 PM CDT. I think its been like 2 weeks of highs over 100 and excessive heat warnings. We might actually get down below 100 on Sunday and then hopefully stay at our normal of right around 90. When we get that first day of 80 as a high again it will feel goooood.

Comment

Was camping near Indianapolis last Thursday and Friday and at one point the temp read 112. The air wasn't that hot, but the ground and the air just above it was. I just wanted to stop sweating...

My bar on what is hot has been moved considerably higher than it was before that.

It's above 100 here in Madison today. Our pool is a comfortable 97.

Overall, not too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X