Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOT HOT HOT Planet

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    It was so hot here a few days ago that the velcro that held my thermometer in place melted. Right now, it is cloudy and still 91 in the shade. It's also humid as hell. I haven't been able to get much sleep for the past week.
    When I first moved to Sarasota, I knew how hot it would get, but I didn't really appreciate it. I let a case of coke sit on my backseat for a few hours one day. Got in the car to run an errand. Moments later, I heard a weird popping noise. The coke cans were popping like popcorn. What an ungodly mess that was. Taught me not to mess with Florida heat, though.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

It's 99 out right now. This should just about be the last of it for a while.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Up to 97 here - heat index is at 101.

I tell ya....it's so hot.....I just saw Mayor Bloomberg drinking a Big Gulp!
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the youtube thread or the weather thread. It's good enough for both, but I'm lazy, so it goes here.

1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            If you're talking about your car's AC, I was able to re-charge mine using one of those re-charging products. Was blowing hot air in the spring and I saw a spot on TV for those products which only recently became legal here in Wisconsin.

Took 3 canisters, but I have AC and it cost me about $80. I'm sure it would have been hundreds at the shop.

As far as the hot air out the window... When we were in Indiana last week during the 112 degree heat, we put our hands out the window at 75mph and it felt like a blow dryer. Usually, at that speed, it at least shouldn't feel HOT.
            Yeah, I figure I should be able to do that. I do kind of just want the heat to break for a bit so I could see it not just pushed to the max so much. It's probably do for it anyways given that its a 2005 with over 100,000 on it.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              Wasn't sure whether to put this in the youtube thread or the weather thread. It's good enough for both, but I'm lazy, so it goes here.

Does this mean gas is gonna go back up to $4 a gallon?
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Does this mean gas is gonna go back up to $4 a gallon?
                Hard to say. It all depends on Godzilla Wednesday. Could be $4 be pint.

Comment

These idiots need to be publicly flogged.

A 4-month-old girl has died and a 16-month old girl has been hospitalized after both were left trapped in cars in suburban Indianapolis during near-record triple-digit heat Saturday
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Cold front went thru, 75 and windy today, perfect summer day.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      These idiots need to be publicly flogged.
                      Why not just handcuff them and then stuff em in the car??
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                        Hard to say. It all depends on Godzilla Wednesday. Could be $4 be pint.
                        Mothra will save us!
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Cold front went thru, 75 and windy today, perfect summer day.
                          Where is this cold front you mention? 99.5 here. Ugh

Comment

Yesterday was supposed to be less humid and less hot >90 and the laundry still wouldn't dry. Was in Maine last week where it was HOT and the mosquitoes were the worst they have ever been- we were swatting at shadows for days after we got back.

Comment

Exactly. Hot 99.5 plays all your favorite cool rock hits.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                              X