X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elections 2012 -- Kull Wahad!!!

Originally posted by pirate View Post
    Excite who? The people who make Jersey Shore a hit show? The people who couldn't talk intelligently about foreign policy for 15 seconds but could tell you who won DWTS last season? Leaders don't excite those people. They don't want leadership. Leadership would tell them they are part of the problem and stop blaming everybody else.

If JFK gave his "ask not" speech now there would be marches in the streets.

Leadership isn't sounding good on TV. True, many leaders have that ability but sounding good on TV, for the 15 seconds the average American would pay attention, doesn't mean you are a leader.
    I honestly had to look up what DWTS meant.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      no outcry about the local slanty eyes getting uprooted to lay the tracks there? and what were they paid?

(have you changed stripes?? )
      You talking about the PRC railroad or the
      Central Pacific??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Excite who?
        Brad Pitt's mother
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Excite who? The people who make Jersey Shore a hit show? The people who couldn't talk intelligently about foreign policy for 15 seconds but could tell you who won DWTS last season? Leaders don't excite those people. They don't want leadership. Leadership would tell them they are part of the problem and stop blaming everybody else.

If JFK gave his "ask not" speech now there would be marches in the streets.

Leadership isn't sounding good on TV. True, many leaders have that ability but sounding good on TV, for the 15 seconds the average American would pay attention, doesn't mean you are a leader.
          How about just exciting his whole base. If the GOP are lukewarm to the candidate why would anyone else vote for him?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Reading a fb conservative blog the other day...one young woman who I believe would fit nicely in the Jersey Shore and DWTS fan category spoke enthusiastically of her "excitement" due to Mitt being "handsome and wealthy" and couldn't wait to cast her vote accordingly for those very reasons.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              Reading a fb conservative blog the other day...one young woman who I believe would fit nicely in the Jersey Shore and DWTS fan category spoke enthusiastically of her "excitement" due to Mitt being "handsome and wealthy" and couldn't wait to cast her vote accordingly for those very reasons.
              That doesn't surprise me... each side has their sheeple.

Comment

Loony Bloomy's new idea: http://blog.gasbuddy.com/posts/NYC-m...3221-1149.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Somebody check with those folks who work under the Triborough Bridge.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I honestly had to look up what DWTS meant.
                    If anyone else finds this loose end as aggravating as I do, I already looked it up: It's "Dancing with the Stars". Which I know I've heard of before, but couldn't think of it.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: Elections 2012 -- Kull Wahad!!!

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Don't laugh, people voted for JFK for those reasons, and people voted for Reagan because they confused him with the roles he played in the movies. (He did, too.)

The first principle of advertising is that packaging sells more products than content.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Don't laugh, people voted for JFK for those reasons, and people voted for Reagan because they mixed him up with the roles he played in the movies.

The first principle of advertising is that packaging sells more products than content.
                        I'm not laughing because I'm aware millions cast there votes based on reasoning that's less than sound...and I don't mean political reasoning.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Well, if there's ever a year where a libertarian can justify "throwing his vote away", this is it.
                          Pet peeve: I hate third party voting being called "throwing your vote away." (I know that by quoting it you weren't making the charge).

My Euro friends have convinced me we need IRV. I think that would make the third party vote jump to at least around 8-10%. It would also be fascinating to tabulate what the second choice was for Libertarians -- plenty of arguments to be made for either of the majors.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Don't laugh, people voted for JFK for those reasons, and people voted for Reagan because they confused him with the roles he played in the movies. (He did, too.)

And people voted against JFK because they felt we would be overcome by the Pontiff.

Comment

I second walrus' astute analysis. Listening to NPR today I have to laugh at the doom and gloom coverage. Yes the economy is weak (as opposed to losing jobs though) and all that. However, the bottome line which their idiotic coverage missed is people just don't like Mitt Romney. Some politicans have trouble with the fringe of their base but appeal to indepedents. Clinton is a good example. Some appeal strongly to their base and independents like Reagan. Both of these men also had some crossover appeal. Romney is disliked by Dems so no crossover votes. Independents don't like him either. Worse, his own party isn't thrilled about him. The last thoroughly unlikable person to win election took place forty four years ago in a much different era.

I was also reading a righty newspaper and listening to a radio show and two seperate yakkers brought up the 1980 race. Cons, I respectfully ask that you move past a race that happened thirty freakin' two years ago! The dynamics affecting that contest have zero bearing on this one.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                And people voted against JFK because they felt we would be overcome by the Pontiff.
                                "Papist," "Mackerel Snapper," and "Whore of Babylon" are terms that really need to re-enter politics.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X