Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meth, I Hear You Callin': The Final Season of Breaking Bad

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

Random thoughts... I HATED Marie and wish she would have been killed. But having her husband shot dead and missing for a while was good punishment. She is such a bad person. Plus everything she owns is purple. Which is funny.
    If you paid close attention to the last couple episodes (starting with the one that ended with the shootout)...Marie switches from purple to black.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      If you paid close attention to the last couple episodes (starting with the one that ended with the shootout)...Marie switches from purple to black.
      It started when she found out about Walt and tried to console Skyler only to discover that she was more complicit than either Hank or Marie thought. People over on TWoP thought it was her mourning the "death" of her relationship with her sister.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        I did notice!

The death that made me the saddest was Mike's. It was a relief when Hank was killed because I thought that it would mean Walt could get away. I guess yes and no to that.

And I was rooting for Walt the whole time.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Just looking back, there are so many great characters in Breaking Bad: Walt, Jesse, Hank, Mike, Gus, Saul...

It really is the best show that has ever been made.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think the Wire will give Breaking Bad a run for its money. It was far more literary, with a social message. Breaking Bad was more pulpy. I don't know what constitutes "best" but BB is certainly the most entertaining show I've experienced.
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
              I think the Wire will give Breaking Bad a run for its money. It was far more literary, with a social message. Breaking Bad was more pulpy. I don't know what constitutes "best" but BB is certainly the most entertaining show I've experienced.
              I think the depth of characters, morality, and the little details that kept emerging throughout the series made BB as great as it was. It is difficult to find a shortcoming.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                You nailed it 100%. Breaking Bad is certainly an enjoyable watch, especially the first time through, but I don't think it will age as well once all the hype dies down because it was so plot-heavy, and just doesn't have the depth of The Wire, or Mad Men, or Deadwood.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

An alternate ending has leaked:
                  http://www.youtube.com/embed/9kZivVxB3vU

http://www.gawker.com/breaking-bad-a...als-1466104794

Nice little nod to the Newhart show...
                  Last edited by aparch; 11-17-2013, 10:52 AM.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    All in all I'm proud that somehow almost all of the events in the series weren't spoiled for me.
                    This. Just finished the series and it took us just over a month start to finish. Never heard anything about the plot or the ending or anything else. Only knew that it was about a teacher who makes meth.

Best show I've ever seen and I'll miss it although it's a relief to be done with it as it consumed us over this time.

As the wife stated and I feel the same... other shows seem diminished in its light.

The Walking Dead, as much as I like it, isn't even close.

RIP Heisenberg - they did a wonder on me to think that I'd still be rooting for him in the end after all the horrible things he caused.

Great show.

Comment

Yeah, it was exhausting those last couple weeks. You were drained after watching a show.

Agreed on other shows being diminished a bit, only because they came around the same time as BB was airing. I think some shows would be raved about more, if it were not for BB.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Yeah, it was exhausting those last couple weeks. You were drained after watching a show.

We talked about what it would have been like to watch it in real time and have to wait a week each time instead of "you up for another?"

Ultimately I think it's better to have to wait as you have more time to process the heavier events. When you watch 3 or 4 episodes in a sitting, the events of the earlier episodes get left behind from an emotional standpoint.

Either way though, this is the way we had to do it since we weren't watching all along and being able to binge definitely has its advantages too.

One of my favorite eps was the one with the fly in the lab. I was rolling which was nice coz this was a HEAVY show for the most part. It wore me out at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          We talked about what it would have been like to watch it in real time and have to wait a week each time instead of "you up for another?"

Ultimately I think it's better to have to wait as you have more time to process the heavier events. When you watch 3 or 4 episodes in a sitting, the events of the earlier episodes get left behind from an emotional standpoint.

Either way though, this is the way we had to do it since we weren't watching all along and being able to binge definitely has its advantages too.

One of my favorite eps was the one with the fly in the lab. I was rolling which was nice coz this was a HEAVY show for the most part. It wore me out at times.
                          House Of Cards is like that, too. I had to stop after a couple eps this season, just to digest.

And love love love The Fly episode. It says SO much about Walter's character/etc it's sick. And to think, many hate that episode because "nothing happens."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            And to think, many hate that episode because "nothing happens."
                            There's a word for those kinds of people: Morons.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I got an email from Netflix indicating the whole series is now available for streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                I got an email from Netflix indicating the whole series is now available for streaming.
                                Yep. Monday.

We were in need of the second half of season 5 or all of season 6 (depending on how you look at it) on Saturday night. Ventured to the video store at 11:30 pm to get the dvds. That train wasn't waiting till Monday, no sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X