Meth, I Hear You Callin': The Final Season of Breaking Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meth, I Hear You Callin': The Final Season of Breaking Bad

On the bank account situation, it might lead back to Saul...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It'd be pretty interesting to see how the bank account could really lead to anything without making Gus (or Mike, or Saul, etc.) look like an amateur. I mean, Walt and Jesse were paid in cash through Saul, and I sincerely doubt that Saul was cashing checks directly from Gus' offshore bank account. I don't doubt that the bank account(s) will be a major clue for Hank, but it would probably remove some of the suspension of disbelief if we find that it leads to anything productive because Gus is a moron. If anything, I'm hoping that it leads towards some shenanigans through Madrigal, which might widen the scope of what Gus's operation really was.

A few other thoughts:
      1. Walt's position is not looking so good in the flash-forward cold open. Looks a little disheveled, on the run and on his own to me. Is the machine gun for his last stand? Revenge?
      2. How great was it to have Jesse in the background while Walt and Mike bickered?
      3. How about Walt's new levels of ego he's achieved from his victory over Gus? "We're done when I say we're done", "Because I said so", and "I forgive you" are pretty clear statements for where he is right now. The last one sure had the same feeling of Michael embracing Fredo at their mother's funeral in Godfather: Part II.
      4. Speaking of which, I think we can officially say that the use of the oranges with Beneke were more in line with Vito getting shot in Part I than they were with the Atlantic City massacre in Part III.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Why was Walt "celebrating" his birthday...then using a fake ID to prove it was his birthday. He wouldn't do the thing with the bacon if it wasn't actually his birthday, and why would his fake ID have his real birthday on it?

Also, did anyone notice Walt wheeze/cough in the bathroom during the flash forward? Maybe his cancer comes back, and now he's got nothing to lose, so he's planning on going down fighting.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Why was Walt "celebrating" his birthday...then using a fake ID to prove it was his birthday. He wouldn't do the thing with the bacon if it wasn't actually his birthday, and why would his fake ID have his real birthday on it?
          I was thinking about that. The fake id is one of the reasons I think he's on the run. Might be that he didn't see any point in conjuring up a new birthday. To me, he seemed almost morose about his birthday bacon arrangement (like he was secretly wishing he could go back to his 50th birthday and start over), which has me wondering if perhaps something actually has eliminated his family.

Also, did anyone notice Walt wheeze/cough in the bathroom during the flash forward? Maybe his cancer comes back, and now he's got nothing to lose, so he's planning on going down fighting.
          I don't think the cancer will ever truly go away. I like to think of Walt's story ending with him surrounded by cash and drugs, trapped on all sides (by the DEA/cartel/Jesse etc. in addition to his now-terminal cancer), having his last stand and getting gunned down. Something to really hammer in a Scarface-like ending to him that would do justice to the "turn Mr. Chips into Scarface" analogy that Vince Gilligan's been using for so long.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            I was thinking about that. The fake id is one of the reasons I think he's on the run. Might be that he didn't see any point in conjuring up a new birthday. To me, he seemed almost morose about his birthday bacon arrangement (like he was secretly wishing he could go back to his 50th birthday and start over), which has me wondering if perhaps something actually has eliminated his family.
            I'm just thinking about the process of getting a fake ID, if you were trying to disappear. At that point you don't go tell the document forger what your birthday is, you have a picture taken, hand over a wad of cash and get documents back. It seems like something that was in that scene for a reason, it seems important to me. I just don't know how it would be important.

I don't think his family has been eliminated at that point, though I could see them (and by them, I mean Skylar) completely abandoning him and leaving. I could also see Skylar getting arrested, as Walt is fleeing town with a new ID. I don't think there is another player out there, or enough time to introduce a new player, that would eliminate Walt's family. The DEA is all thats left, and they'd arrest Skylar and put Jr and Holly in protective custody, probably with Hank and Marie.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Side note: $100 tip for a Denny's waitress? Is Walter White going to the Tiger Woods School of Having Extramarital Affairs?

Comment

I like how at first Skylar was feeling sorry for Ted, but then when she realized he was afraid of her she got cold and serious.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Side note: $100 tip for a Denny's waitress? Is Walter White going to the Tiger Woods School of Having Extramarital Affairs?
                  Walter White don't carry less than c-notes anymore.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I finally saw this for the first time today, but here's a two-month old article complaining about how absurd it is that we'll have to wait a year in between the two halves of season 5.
                    The season is over when I say it's over.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Money obviously doesn't mean anything to him at that point. First turning down a free meal (although it could be because of the ID thing, but it's a legit fake, and it's a DENNY'S WAITRESS, so what's the big deal?), and then only having 100's (or a 100) in his wallet.

I do think he's alone in that scene. What happened with his family? Dunno. Maybe he's gonna break Skylar outta prison! (Yeah, I put that at about a 1% chance of happening).
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm just thinking about the process of getting a fake ID, if you were trying to disappear. At that point you don't go tell the document forger what your birthday is, you have a picture taken, hand over a wad of cash and get documents back. It seems like something that was in that scene for a reason, it seems important to me. I just don't know how it would be important.
                        Could be an alibi for whatever he is going to do or to throw off the people who are chasing him. He may have wanted to have her check his ID.
                        "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
                          Could be an alibi for whatever he is going to do or to throw off the people who are chasing him. He may have wanted to have her check his ID.
                          Yeah, I considered that, but he seemed reluctant to show it to her. And I doubt he'd want to be noticed at the time/location that a weapons deal went down.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I do think he's alone in that scene. What happened with his family? Dunno. Maybe he's gonna break Skylar outta prison! (Yeah, I put that at about a 1% chance of happening).
                            If he's alone, and not cooking anymore, remember that he's broke. Skylar gave his money away. He's going to mighty ****ed about going through what he's gone through and not come out with at least enough money to live on. I think he's going to cook again, he's on a power trip, he needs money again, and now he's the ****ing king. I just don't know how they fit that into 15 more episodes, and at this point, if he doesn't cook again, it seems like the series will be incomplete, but then, that really depends on how they do these next 15 episodes.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If he's alone, and not cooking anymore, remember that he's broke. Skylar gave his money away. He's going to mighty ****ed about going through what he's gone through and not come out with at least enough money to live on. I think he's going to cook again, he's on a power trip, he needs money again, and now he's the ****ing king. I just don't know how they fit that into 15 more episodes, and at this point, if he doesn't cook again, it seems like the series will be incomplete, but then, that really depends on how they do these next 15 episodes.
                              If he doesn't cook again, he doesn't have a wallet full of Benjamins to tip a Denny's waitress, and he isn't buying an assault rifle from Ellsworth.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                                If he doesn't cook again, he doesn't have a wallet full of Benjamins to tip a Denny's waitress, and he isn't buying an assault rifle from Ellsworth.
                                Good points. Of course, he could just off Jesse and take his money. Or somehow gain access to Gus's warchest. But I would consider him cooking again to be the most likely scenario.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X