Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meth, I Hear You Callin': The Final Season of Breaking Bad

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And love love love The Fly episode. It says SO much about Walter's character/etc it's sick. And to think, many hate that episode because "nothing happens."
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    There's a word for those kinds of people: Morons.

At first I thought Walt was just stalling for some reason and kept looking for a clue as to why. Then I realized that he's actually that anal and neurotic. I about died when Jesse smoked Walt with the "fly swatter." They built it up so well.

Watching him and Jesse go back and forth was such comic genius in the first half or so of the series until their relationship turned sour and dark. Could see the father/son relationship that neither would ever admit to the other. Also the odd couple dynamic.

-sigh-

Wife's going through withdrawals too.

Comment

Seeing more and more chatter about Better Call Saul. Guess Mike will be on the show.

Looking forward to it for sure.

http://www.contactmusic.com/article/...l-saul_4322610

Comment

I think I've watched the pilot about three times this summer. Been able to stop myself before accidently watching the series all over for a third time.

I'll have to go back and rewatch Fly. That's the only one I skipped during my 2nd run because I remembered how much I hated it the first time I saw it. However, the first time I saw it was during an embarrassing (or impressive, depending on how you look at it) binge over winter break and got frustrated there was no plot development. Now that I'm not in "HOLY S*$% THIS IS THE GREATEST STORYLINE EVER" mode I'd probably enjoy it more. It is funny how it's either in people's top 5 favorite or top 5 least favorite, never anyone who just thinks "eh, it was pretty good, but not great."
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I was one who started with the series late and watched most of the episodes on netflix. I always thought Fly was kind of a tipping point in the series. Wasn't that the episode where they were trying to kill the fly in the lab and Walt told Jesse that he wished he had died the night that he ran into Jane's dad in the bar. He said something like he "missed" his chance at a perfect point to die.

I think it was shortly after Fly that Mike gave Walt his speech about no half measures, and from there it seemed Walt knew he was on the road to the final outcome. There was no going back to a normal life.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

The 7:20, 8:30 and 9:40 episodes of the Breaking Bad Binge all pulled in over 840,000 viewers and were part of the top 100 shows on cable Sunday. The accompanying bonus features were also ranked.

Comment

Working...
            X