X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meth, I Hear You Callin': The Final Season of Breaking Bad

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Which means it's probably Hank.
    If it were Hank he would have never "figured out" that Gus is behind the whole thing, and made Walt drive him around and help him bug Gus's car.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

On the subject of Gomez maybe being a mole, I had this to say in the TV thread (stuff in bold, I've added for this post):

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      I've gone back and forth on that one.

On one hand, after the questioning from APD and the DEA, Gus was debriefed by Mike that they had nothing and that Hank was "going rogue".

On the other hand, we don't really know who Mike's source was (I thought unnamed APD guy, but could be an unnamed DEA guy*), and Gomez did grow an evil guy goatee. Also, part of Mike's debriefing was that it would be career suicide for Hank to mention Gus to Merkert again, so I suppose it's likely that it was a DEA source. It's pretty likely Gus made friends with someone there since he was so buddy-buddy with them (See: sponsoring the fun run, etc.)

Edit: On the other other hand, would Gomez have tipped off Gus on the fake threat on Hank's life? And, in that case, wouldn't Gus have thought "Hey, that's odd, I didn't hear about it"?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Finally re-watched the rest of S4.

Things we know (and some that we may have forgotten).

1. Gus is dead, lab is gone. Walt will most likely not cook any more.
        2. Jesse is truly happy with his girl/her kid, has money, has no worries on the surface.
        3. Hank was right about Gus. But, does he really think this whole thing is done with? Does he continue on?
        4. Walt only has connections with Saul (who he can manipulate) and Mike (who he cannot manipulate).
        5. Walt also still has (I assume) the card of the guy who can make his whole family disappear for a hefty price (although he currently doesn't have enough money, thanks to Skylar*).
        6. Skylar is visibly shaken when she realizes that Walt just committed a triple murder. Is it relief? I really don't think so.

Right now, I'll still go by my pipe dream of a shootout/similar between DEA and Walt, and Hank is the one that pulls the trigger on Walt, killing him. But there are far more questions than answers.

*This is the ONE correct decision Skylar has made. No way could the car wash be investigated. She did the right thing in giving Ted the money and making him pay the IRS back.
        Last edited by The Rube; 07-04-2012, 10:47 PM.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm assuming this is the first 90 seconds or so of the season premiere (probably after the title card/cold open). Not too spoiler-ish. Just a lot of Walter Jr. being both too excited and too Palsy-stricken to speak properly.

So excited. Ten days from now can't happen soon enough.

To your list, Brent, I would note that there is no way that Hank thinks this Gus thing is over with. If anything it will embolden him. And there's probably more than enough evidence leftover to concern everyone involved (a la Gale Boetticher). There are undoubtedly loose ends that Walt and Jesse still need to tie up. They'd better hope that the industrial laundry, the chicken farm and the Los Pollos Hermanos restaurant all have bad records for their security footage (or, given how Hank tracked down the RV, neighboring businesses as well). Someone should probably take care of Gus's computer and whatever evidence he has at his house. Somehow, I think Hank's tenacity will not bode well for anyone.

If you want to watch this trailer for season 5, it also seems to address some points relevant to items 1, 4, and 6.

Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Just started watching on Netflix last night. Didn't realize it, but I'm already into the second season. Absolutely amazing show. Only problem is going to be waiting for season five episodes to air

Comment

EODS: I want to know NOTHING about season 5. It's the best viewing that way. No trailers, no reading the episode teasers on the TV guide thingy, nothing.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I finally saw this for the first time today, but here's a two-month old article complaining about how absurd it is that we'll have to wait a year in between the two halves of season 5.

We're gonna get 16 more episodes and that's it. In 16 weeks, this will be over.

Oh, no, wait. That's not it. There will only be eight episodes. So... what happens after two months? According to AMC's press release, the show will take an entire year off and the final eight episodes of Season 5 will air in summer 2013. What in the mother of methamphetamines is that all about? That is not a final season. That is two seasons. Two totally different things. It's sort of like taking a sandwich, cutting it in half, eating one half at noon and the other half at 7 PM and calling both times you eat the sandwich "lunch." No, the second one is not lunch, it is dinner. It is a totally different and separate event in the life of the consumer of that sandwich.
                No kidding.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                EODS: I want to know NOTHING about season 5. It's the best viewing that way. No trailers, no reading the episode teasers on the TV guide thingy, nothing.
                Fair enough, and you're probably right.

On the other hand, I am a sucker for the promos. Seriously, why isn't it Sunday yet?

Comment

Any new news on the AMC/Dish Network dispute?
                  "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
                    Any new news on the AMC/Dish Network dispute?
                    Only that Dish is 6 days away from losing me as a customer.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

From Chris Kluwe (assumed critique of the movie The Savages, which they saw tonight):

My wife put it best: "Isn't it funny how even with all that money and talent they still can't match what Breaking Bad does each week?"

Comment

Here you go.

Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Saw a tweet today from the official Breaking Bad account...they will be live streaming the season premiere (and hopefully the rest...please), so that Dish Network customers can see it.

**** you Dish Network.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Saw a tweet today from the official Breaking Bad account...they will be live streaming the season premiere (and hopefully the rest...please), so that Dish Network customers can see it.

**** you Dish Network.
                            Having worked there at one of their call centers, I agree with this statement. Their owner is nothing more than a cheapskate. I can say that he lost of a ton of people in my neck of the woods for his refusal to even negotiate to get the YES network on their. (I'm not a Yanks fan, but still.) He's an a#@ wad.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

**** you Dish Network.

Comment

I was reading online that the fourth season finale ending was left vague because we aren't sure if Walt poisoned the kid or if Gus did it and then tried to frame Walt. I had never considered that Gus might have done it and then tried to frame Walt because that seems way too convoluted. I thought it was left pretty straightforward that Walt poisoned the kid and let Jesse assume it was Ricin so Jesse would kill Gus. Why would Gus go to those lengths to try to frame Walt? And it doesn't make sense as a frame job because even after the doctors diagnosed the cause it's still a huge leap to assume Jesse is going to notice a plant at Walt's apartment...

I notice that S4 is not available from Netflix, but Episodes 9-13 are still available On Demand so I'm pretty much caught up. Can't believe they are only doing 8 episodes this summer and then we have to wait a whole year for the final 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X