Poster's Cruise, part 2- 2014.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poster's Cruise, part 2- 2014.

I realize that this will probably float like a lead baloon. But...

With the Frozen Four scheduled to be in Phily on April 10-12, I figured that since I'm a cruising nerd, I'll take the chance to do one when we can. Both Baltimore and Bayone, NJ are embarcation locations to the line I like, both are about 90 min drive from Phily.

So, like what happened in Tampa, reasonable options are quite thin- well, there are no choices, there is a single choice.

It's a 5 night cruise from New Jersey to Bermuda, starting April 5, ending April 10- way more than enough time to drive from New Jersey to Phily. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...rrencyCode=USD

There's a single stop- it's scheduled to arrive in Bermuda on the 7th at 9am, and leave the next day on the 8th at 5pm. As it turns out, we will be going to Bermuda in a few weeks to see if it's fun or not. The cruise makes the vacation an entire week instead of Thur-Sat.

Prices at the moment are good- $550 for inside, $800 outside, $950 balcony, and $1200 suite.

I know a lot of people interested in the cruise in Tampa didn't come, or could not even make it to Florida- technically, this is close enough to drive to, especially if you are driving to Phily anyway.

I'm pretty sure we will go on it. And I know melmac had a great time, too.

Interested?

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I realize that this will probably float like a lead baloon. But...

With the Frozen Four scheduled to be in Phily on April 10-12, I figured that since I'm a cruising nerd, I'll take the chance to do one when we can. Both Baltimore and Bayone, NJ are embarcation locations to the line I like, both are about 90 min drive from Phily.

So, like what happened in Tampa, reasonable options are quite thin- well, there are no choices, there is a single choice.

It's a 5 night cruise from New Jersey to Bermuda, starting April 5, ending April 10- way more than enough time to drive from New Jersey to Phily. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...rrencyCode=USD

There's a single stop- it's scheduled to arrive in Bermuda on the 7th at 9am, and leave the next day on the 8th at 5pm. As it turns out, we will be going to Bermuda in a few weeks to see if it's fun or not. The cruise makes the vacation an entire week instead of Thur-Sat.

Prices at the moment are good- $550 for inside, $800 outside, $950 balcony, and $1200 suite.

I know a lot of people interested in the cruise in Tampa didn't come, or could not even make it to Florida- technically, this is close enough to drive to, especially if you are driving to Phily anyway.

I'm pretty sure we will go on it. And I know melmac had a great time, too.

Interested?
    I've been to Bermuda before, loved it. Only had a single 9-5 day there though. Beautiful island. Still way too far out for me to know if I'd be available, but I would certainly consider if I am.

Comment

Re: Poster's Cruise, part 2- 2014.

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      I've been to Bermuda before, loved it. Only had a single 9-5 day there though. Beautiful island. Still way too far out for me to know if I'd be available, but I would certainly consider if I am.
      I do know this is WAAAAAYYY out.

But I also know that some people have to plan a long, long, long time in advance- just how their jobs are, and if they know now, maybe they can get the week off.

And related to that, this also gives everyone a lot of time to squirrel money away to pay for a vacation like this. To get a decent idea, the $950 balconly will be over $1000 with taxes and fees. Add in probably $200-$500 of on board spending- drinks, excursions, spa stuff etc. So it's safe to say that a couple needs to save up $3000 or so for a trip like this. Over one year, saving $250/mo would do that for next summer- not bad. Travel will be roughly equal, since you may already be planning on the Frozen Four.

Oh, one little tidbit... the Explorer of the Seas has an ice rink. We can have a pre-posters game skate.

Comment

Bookmarking this thread. You know, just in case...
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
          Bookmarking this thread. You know, just in case...
          Ya know, by this cruise, you won't be considered newlyweds.... Have to try the Quest gameshow (although, I've never seen that one)

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on this thread too. just in case ...
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Seems odd to post about this so far in advance, but I do anyway.

So an update- we just got back from a cruise that spend 2 days in Bermuda- and loved it. So much so that we have made our reservations for this cruise.

And I don't see that I posted about the Ice Rink. Yes, the ship has an ice rink. Maybe this time I'll bring a real jersey.

Comment

So we are just over a year until the FF in phily, and i know that people need to plan well in advance.

So here is a reminder for an extra trip added to the FF trip. The ship leaves out of new jersey and spends two nights in Bermuda. 5 nights just like the cruise in Tampa, out on Saturday, and return on Thursday. The port is about 90 min from Phily so we will rent a car to drop off at the port. Easily close enough to get back and see the games.

Being cruise addicts, we just got off a ship this morning....

Post interest, and we can see if we can connect reservations.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  So we are just over a year until the FF in phily, and i know that people need to plan well in advance.

So here is a reminder for an extra trip added to the FF trip. The ship leaves out of new jersey and spends two nights in Bermuda. 5 nights just like the cruise in Tampa, out on Saturday, and return on Thursday. The port is about 90 min from Phily so we will rent a car to drop off at the port. Easily close enough to get back and see the games.

Being cruise addicts, we just got off a ship this morning....

Post interest, and we can see if we can connect reservations.
                  We were just talking about it over the weekend. We may be interested. We'll keep you posted.
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Working...
                  X