Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigblue_dl
    replied
    Re: 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Direct Hit!

No sympathy from me. They built below sea level and they cheated their way to a Super Bowl win. Wipe them out.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied
    Re: 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    It's below sea level for pete's sake. They should try to make it a Venice.
    With the added interest of gators in the canals!

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Lot of rain is going to get dropped in this one. It should make HP's work a little more easier for the next month or so. should all be dropping right in the rivers where he travels the most.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

The Weather Channel currently has everybody's favorite show, TV hairpiece reports on hurricane by standing outdoors in hurricane.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    You know, part of me wants that city wiped clean after the last one... They didn't even get the "worst-case" scenario last time
    Why is it when a mayor / governor has a press conference about a disaster there are a slew of people around him/her? They have nothing to bring to the table other than to get their face on the tube.

Patman -- me too. It's below sea level for pete's sake. They should try to make it a Venice.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied
    Storm looks like a biggy and projected landfall is just east of New Orleans. Here we go again!!
    You know, part of me wants that city wiped clean after the last one... They didn't even get the "worst-case" scenario last time

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Storm looks like a biggy and projected landfall is just east of New Orleans. Here we go again!!
    hp1015 may have been successful (post 65).

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Yeehaw!!! They are sticking reporters outside on the Keys right so that people can see that it's windy out there.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    From my career perspective, I would love for it to follow the Mississippi River all the way up. We need the rain. However I wouldn't like to see Katrina2point0.
    The rain don't have to hit the whole length of the river, just fall somewhere within the drainage area. I would wager your employer would rather take the river up an average of a foot the length of the river from say, Davenport to NOLA, for a month, than to have the river up an average of 2 feet over 2 weeks over that same distance.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

From my career perspective, I would love for it to follow the Mississippi River all the way up. We need the rain. However I wouldn't like to see Katrina2point0.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
    As of Saturday night, a bifurcation of the models for Isaac ... some sending it west over Louisiana and others sending it over the Florida panhandle.
    Fascinating.
    http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/at201209.disc.html
    they have it slowing down too.

couple days ago one of the models had it hitting the mouth of lake pontcaorleans. then they all joined together on the panhandle. you are right though the convergence now back to D-Day will make an interesting next week if it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Farce Poobah
    replied

As of Saturday night, a bifurcation of the models for Isaac ... some sending it west over Louisiana and others sending it over the Florida panhandle.
    Fascinating.
    http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/at201209.disc.html

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

Guess who is leaving NY to drive to his new house in Tampa Florida in 27 hours? Yep, this guy. Issac would do well to keep moving west, maybe go pick on Nawlins or something, they could use about 8 feet of rain all the way up the River.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Get your gas now, it'll go up a buck.
    It has moved over to Pensacola.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-24-2012, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X