Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    Not exactly champagne powder.
    Sloppy 2nd's doesn't even begin to describe the snow that they are talking about.... That stuff is going to be stupid heavy.... Basically falling slush.... I'm curious to see what the final water equivalents are...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Re: 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

"one of the biggest storms in our lifetimes!!"

oh twc, have you no shame
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

TWC better hope this is The Perfect Storm, Part II, or else they've majorly overhyped it.

Comment

Somebody say snow?
          that's inches

*****https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/644110_485519468147311_577469977_n.jpg******
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Two words that conjure a lot of memories for Minnesotans: Halloween Blizzard.

That snowfall map reminds me of it. A lot.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Local futurecast seems to indicate an off-chance of a brief change over in DC. I'm on the look for four horsemen... Or four loko... One or the other
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Somebody say snow?
                that's inches

*****https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/644110_485519468147311_577469977_n.jpg******
                The more of the Potomac's basin that gets snow, the less flooding we will get when the runoff reaches DC in a few days.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I've read the last time this type of thing happened on the east coast had a lot to do with that blizzard. Probably won't happen this year though...at least here.

I cleaned up that Halloween.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    I've read the last time this type of thing happened on the east coast had a lot to do with that blizzard. Probably won't happen this year though...at least here.

I do remember hearing something like that as well

Although, this year (as opposed to the last two years) our boss has emphasized the use of VPN as opposed to driving into work. So my last winter in the Mustang should be somewhat easier to deal with.

Best boss ever.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Drove to work in the (somewhat) aftermath of that storm. 4 cyl Corsica. Yup. It was fun as hell since I was the only car on the road.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just reporting in while we still have power here in NJ. It has been raining and very windy for the past 12 hours now but we are just in the fringes of this thing still. Supposed to go really downhill here in the next 12-18 hours. Most predictions have turned this sucker a bit further south of us which may mean at least less rainfall for us (they had predicted 8-12 inches earlier and now 4-8) but the eventual wind speed we get hit with will still be hurricane force. Our concern here is power loss-if it goes out I am sure it will not be remedied for some time. Our local police chief declared an emergency at 11PM lat evening and no vehicles can travel the roads except for emergency vehicles. Probably a very good move but i thought that a bit early to make that call. Having been through Andrew in 1992 and Charley in 2004, we are as prepared as we can be.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Doc

What county are you in? Mom is in assisted living in the north of Bergen County.

Wherever it is, stay safe, dry, and with power.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Last I saw the track in NYS is Bingo -> 'Cuse -> Watertown -> Montreal
                            Buffalo it is, then.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

When your family comes from Western NY, you always design Halloween costumes so they can fit around snowsuits.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Just reporting in while we still have power here in NJ. It has been raining and very windy for the past 12 hours now but we are just in the fringes of this thing still. Supposed to go really downhill here in the next 12-18 hours. Most predictions have turned this sucker a bit further south of us which may mean at least less rainfall for us (they had predicted 8-12 inches earlier and now 4-8) but the eventual wind speed we get hit with will still be hurricane force. Our concern here is power loss-if it goes out I am sure it will not be remedied for some time. Our local police chief declared an emergency at 11PM lat evening and no vehicles can travel the roads except for emergency vehicles. Probably a very good move but i thought that a bit early to make that call. Having been through Andrew in 1992 and Charley in 2004, we are as prepared as we can be.
                                I'm surprised you and Jenny didn't shoot up to the 'dacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X