X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2012

Originally posted by duper View Post
    Unless you lose your wallet while on vacation, which is probably the real purpose of that exception. It happened to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago.

But yeah, I never go anywhere without ID, and I wouldn't be bothered at all by someone missing a flight because they forgot their ID.
    Agreed. I don't agree with the whole notion of you needing an ID for anything, but them's the rules, so abide. (there's a Big Lebowski joke in there somewhere)
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year." Junior h.s. forced to cancel production of "A Christmas Carol" (after the auditions). Guess why. Is it just me or are we starting the ("non-existant") war on Christmas a bit early this year?

http://www.davisenterprise.com/local...mas-play-here/
      Last edited by Old Pio; 10-13-2012, 11:54 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Here's another mouthy African American b*tch, KOed after she hits a Cleveland bus driver. Remember that other b*tch who got the beatdown at a NYC Mickey D's after she slapped the cashier then hopped the counter? Serves 'em both right. Keep your hands to yourself, dear. And your smart-a*s "sassy" attitude, too.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...s-punch-736901
        Last edited by Old Pio; 10-14-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year." Junior h.s. forced to cancel production of "A Christmas Carol" (after the auditions). Guess why. Is it just me or are we starting the ("non-existant") war on Christmas a bit early this year?

Everything about Christmas starts early. I've already seen displays for lights an such set up at Target.

Also went to lunch this weekend and saw what looked like an insanely early office Christmas party. Either that, or someone wrapped a birthday gift in a Santa bag.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Everything about Christmas starts early. I've already seen displays for lights an such set up at Target.

Also went to lunch this weekend and saw what looked like an insanely early office Christmas party. Either that, or someone wrapped a birthday gift in a Santa bag.
            Even as we speak, local TV newsrooms are preparing their "black Friday, busiest shopping day of the year stories," even though it's a myth and hasn't been true for years. Ditto for their "Wednesday before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year stories." Also a myth. I wish I had ten bucks for every local TV "reporter" who will be going live from an airport on the Wednesday before turkey day.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

That's the Height of stupidity. Shame on them. Hannukuh is not even an important holiday. Maybe we should cancel everything on Columbus day so as not to offend those in the flat earth society.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                That's the Height of stupidity. Shame on them. Hannukuh is not even an important holiday. Maybe we should cancel everything on Columbus day so as not to offend those in the flat earth society.
                From the comments it looks like the play is back on for 12/7,8,9. Sorry, but 12/8 is a Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics - can't hold it on that day! (sarcasm).
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Even as we speak, local TV newsrooms are preparing their "black Friday, busiest shopping day of the year stories," even though it's a myth and hasn't been true for years.
                  You must have never worked in retail...Black Friday being the busiest shopping day of the year is still very much true...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Somebody takes youth football way too seriously: http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/youth-fo...ges-video.html

I thought they had background checks in youth sports these days. If so, how did this guy get through the system?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      You must have never worked in retail...Black Friday being the busiest shopping day of the year is still very much true...
                      Nope. Sorry. The busiest shopping days are now the last two Saturdays before of Christmas. Big box stores and heavy discounting before the holiday has ended that quaint myth from a bygone era.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Somebody takes youth football way too seriously: http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/youth-fo...ges-video.html

I thought they had background checks in youth sports these days. If so, how did this guy get through the system?
                        Well, maybe they're checking for the wrong things. You see this stuff more than just occasionally in youth sports, especially football. Not so much in high schools. Probably because there can be serious, career ending consequences in high school. What happens to this thug? If he's employed, he's still got his job. The worst that can (and should) happen to him is he's 86ed out of this league for good.

Comment

Here's another mouthy African American b*tch, KOed after she hits a Cleveland bus driver. Remember that other b*tch who got the beatdown at a NYC Mickey D's after she slapped the cashier then hopped the counter? Serves 'em both right. Keep your hands to yourself, dear. And your smart-a*s "sassy" attitude, too.

THAT's F*KING EPIC!!!!

Good for the bus driver. You don't punch and spit on someone and not expect retaliation.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Love the story, but why qualify her race? Honest question.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well, maybe they're checking for the wrong things. You see this stuff more than just occasionally in youth sports, especially football. Not so much in high schools. Probably because there can be serious, career ending consequences in high school. What happens to this thug? If he's employed, he's still got his job. The worst that can (and should) happen to him is he's 86ed out of this league for good.
                              Depends on the job.... Here in Illinois, assaulting a sports official can result in a felony... It's not 100%, but it's not a 2% thing either... I know that a gentleman that my baseball official's organization has had problems with in the past ended up with a felony on his record for getting physical with an official... As with most things however, different states = different laws... Not sure what FL offers as far a special protection for officials...
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Nope. Sorry. The busiest shopping days are now the last two Saturdays before of Christmas. Big box stores and heavy discounting before the holiday has ended that quaint myth from a bygone era.
                                I've worked both, for the last 5 years. Black Friday is busier and much more chaotic with heavier discounting. You have no idea what you're talking about...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X