X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2012

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That could happen. Again, the business would then say the offending employee in question merely mis-stated the policy, and nothing really would happen.
    If a parade of employees testified that was the policy: no men in the children's section. And you must leave the store. It would then be a matter that the guy followed the policy to the letter. They'd have to come up with another excuse. Or somehow establish all those other employees misunderstood it, too.

If it were me, I'd also want to put Hester Prynne in the shiza if I could. How 'bout you mind your own freakin' business, sister? Even if the guy's a pedophile, there are no freaking kids in the store right now. She should go somewhere else to spray that sunshine.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 06-04-2012, 09:48 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      If a parade of employees testified that was the policy: no men in the children's section. And you must leave the store. It would then be a matter that the guy followed the policy to the letter. They'd have to come up with another excuse. Or somehow establish all those other employees misunderstood it, too.

If it were me, I'd also want to put Hester Prynne in the shiza if I could. How 'bout you mind your own freakin' business, sister? Even if the guy's a pedophile, there are no freaking kids in the store right now. She should go somewhere else to spray that sunshine.
      Agree on the psycho Suzy. However, unless the policy is actually written down, it'd be tough to prove in a court of law. It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Agree on the psycho Suzy. However, unless the policy is actually written down, it'd be tough to prove in a court of law. It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.
        Big companies don't leave much to chance these days. Although a policy of overt gender discrimination might be one not written down. But there are managers and district managers and a host of other types, not all of whom would be willing to perjure themselves for the good of the comany. If it's a policy, written or unwritten, formal or informal, somebody would be willing to talk.

My sense is this is sort of a wink, wink, nudge, nudge policy. Reading between the lines of the original story, I got the impression that if there hadn't been a complaint, they wouldn't have thrown him out. I could be dead wrong about that.

Comment

Big companies don't leave much to chance these days. Although a policy of overt gender discrimination might be one not written down. But there are managers and district managers and a host of other types, not all of whom would be willing to perjure themselves for the good of the comany. If it's a policy, written or unwritten, formal or informal, somebody would be willing to talk.

My sense is this is sort of a wink, wink, nudge, nudge policy. Reading between the lines of the original story, I got the impression that if there hadn't been a complaint, they wouldn't have thrown him out. I could be dead wrong about that.
          They were probably afraid of Psycho Suzy and the press she'd generate, and then it backfired. You and I both know this happens a lot.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

They were probably afraid of Psycho Suzy and the press she'd generate, and then it backfired. You and I both know this happens a lot.
            Plus she just happened to pick a PhD and owner of his own business who is presumably quite successful. Doesn't really fit the profile.

'Course I'm the guy who thinks there's at least a 50/50 chance Michael Jackson didn't abuse any kids.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 06-04-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Plus she just happened to pick a PhD and owner of his own business who is presumably quite successful. Doesn't really fit the profile.

'Course I'm the guy who thinks there's at least a 50/50 chance Michael Jackson didn't abuse any kids.
              I could see him abusing the first kid, and the rest, seeing the money, letting their kids stay at his place, and getting a payoff. Um, after that first accusation, my kid would NEVER come within 100 miles of MJ. Those following parents were not right in the head.

Comment

I could see him abusing the first kid, and the rest, seeing the money, letting their kids stay at his place, and getting a payoff. Um, after that first accusation, my kid would NEVER come within 100 miles of MJ. Those following parents were not right in the head.
                The first kid was the object of a very bitter custody battle. And what better way for this hollywood dentist to prove his ex-wife was an unfit mother than to prove she put him in the hands of a pedophile? Maureen Orth (Tim Russert's widow) wrote in Vanity Fair that the only time the kid made sexual allegations against Jackson, he was under the influence of some powerful drug, administered under the direction of the father. Juice that kid enough and he'll claim to be in contact with Mrs. Woodrow Wilson.

Daddy also had delusions of being a script writer and in addition to the gigantic settlement his kid got (15 million? 20 million?) he got a big chunk of change and some sort of "developmental" deal. Besides, Jackson is the perfect guy to extort. More money than God. And an enormousy creepy lifestyle and persona. In the trial a few years later, the DA had a website, asking for "victims" to come forward with their stories. None did. With a boxcar full of money on the line, how many people wouldn't at least be tempted to fabricate? I would be much more inclined to believe the kid and his father if they both weren't living very high on the hog because of Michael Jackson's money.*

But being creepy and weird is not the same as being a pedophile. We'll never know for sure of course. Like I say, I think it's 50/50 or better that in the first instance he was extorted and in the second was victimized by grifters who would make Gypsy "driveway repair" guys blush and a vindictive DA.

In these discussions of the private lives of celebrities whom we "know" are gay or whatever, I'm reminded of a quote from Tallulah Bankhead (she of so many wonderful quotes). When asked if some well known actor was gay, she said: "I wouldn't know dahling, he's never offered to suck MY d*ck."

*Daddy has since blown his brains out.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Well, well. Barnes & Noble has apologized to Dr. Amin for throwing him out of their Scottsdale store for "shopping while male" in the children's section. I'm pretty sure this is an indication of the company's generosity of spirit and not because their lawyers told 'em the old man was gonna bust their bollocks. Aren't you?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/04...est=latestnews

Comment

Here's a silly b*tch landlady who evidently thinks her political opinions give her the right to discriminate against a national guardsman who served in Iraq and Afghanistan BECAUSE he served in Irag and Afghanistan.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/05...-him-over-war/
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 06-05-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Really? What a a-wad! Who shoots a dog in the face?

http://watertowndailytimes.com/secti...#2012706059785
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Sorry to double post, but this Magnotta thing is getting creepier by the second.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...t-georges.html
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Not in the same category, really, but where else to put this? One of the reasons I dislike golf.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8...age-being-hand

Oh, you can't concentrate because of a click of a cameraphone, etc. Try having 20,000-50,000 people hassle you at once while you try and do your job. Buncha arrogant priks.

Comment

Softball coach claims reverse discrimination after ousting because school insisted on hiring a woman

Maybe I'm old school, but I believe that the only reason why a coach should be fired is based on their win-loss record, not that you just want to have a woman coach on your staff. Call me a Neanderthal if you wanna, but that's just me.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS REVERSE DISCRIMINATION OR REVERSE RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/pet peeve

Comment

Not in the same category, really, but where else to put this? One of the reasons I dislike golf.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8...age-being-hand

Oh, you can't concentrate because of a click of a cameraphone, etc. Try having 20,000-50,000 people hassle you at once while you try and do your job. Buncha arrogant priks.
                                My old man always used to say that as long as you didn't interfere with his backswing, he didn't much care what you did.

Comment

Working...
                                X