• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 2012

oops!

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/0...ge-of-suicide/

Comment

Earlier this month, the New Haven school bus drivers drove the kids to school, then went on strike in the middle of the day.

They got a promise of negotiations in time to pick up the kids by the end of the school day, but still.....

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i...rivers_strike/
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

hRemember when Bush I had an upset stomach in Japan and barfed on the Prime Minister's shoes? Somehow, CNN got the idea Bush had died. And CNN Headline News was "this" close to announcing it, live, when you could clearly hear the floor manager shout "NO" at the top of his lungs. Whew.

Toward the end, Nixon was making appearances in friendly venues for supportive photo ops. He made one in Phoenix and afterward, the "news" radio station reported he had been taken to a local hospital after suffering a heart attack! An idiot reporter had discovered that an ambulance had been made part of presidential motorcades (after Dallas) and somehow the presence of an ambulance became "heart attack." Jeebus.

As far as car chases are concerned they're almost never news. O.J. was definitely an exception. They usually end with the cops pulling the guy out of his car by his lips. Or in some sort of smashup. This was unusual. But it's what you get when you put this garbage on the air. Local stations that cover chases at least have the rationale that they're letting their viewers know what to avoid. No real excuse for a network.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 09-29-2012, 01:17 AM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          Earlier this month, the New Haven school bus drivers drove the kids to school, then went on strike in the middle of the day.

They got a promise of negotiations in time to pick up the kids by the end of the school day, but still.....

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i...rivers_strike/
          Well, if you're gonna do it, that's probably the best way to get a deal done.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Stealing stuff from Habitat for Humanity and then burning the rest down. Really?

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Hab...171573461.html
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

"Equality of outcomes" on display in Oakland. Recall, Oakland is where people claiming to be serious, with the "best interests" of minority kids at heart, advocated allowing black students to converse and write (for credit) in "Ebonics." I recall a conversation I had with Al Green (who was then head of the NAACP in Houston, who now represents Houston in Congress) "every teacher of black kids needs to be an English teacher, too." Amen, brother Green.

http://moonbattery.com/?p=18338

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                This is what happens when you nuke a country.
                Yeah, pretty much.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

One small victory against Sharia: German court rules 12-year old Muslim girl can't skip mandatory swimming classes with "topless" boys because of her religious convictions. Praise de Lawd.

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Mus...court-20120929

I've written before about the case in Florida (which actually made it to court) where a Muslim woman asserted her religious "rights" not to be photographed for her drivers license. The state did everything it could to accomodate her: take the picture in a private room, only females involved in the process, etc. But that wasn't good enough. Court ruled she could either unveil or thumb rides.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 09-29-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Remember the lady who hit the lottery and still kept collecting food stamps?

Found dead of an overdose.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

"Yep" © 2012 Detroit

Comment

Who could have seen that coming?
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Serves the ***** right.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

moo shi deer
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              Did anyone else read the link and think this should probably go in the drunk cheesehead thread?
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Did anyone else read the link and think this should probably go in the drunk cheesehead thread?
                                WKYT.com reports that the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg was shuttered on Thursday after a customer called the health department when she saw a dead deer being wheeled into the kitchen.
                                Not unless "being wheeled into the kitchen" means something that I'm not aware of.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X