X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet 2012

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The same scientists who told us for years that margarine is healthier than butter, and that eating carbs is better for us than consuming those dreaded fats? Oops.

Human nutrition is an inexact science that not even the best scientists fully understand.
    Yet they probably understand it better than most others. And not everything is a huge mystery. Knocking back one of these each day probably won't help you stay in shape, if only for the calorie count.
    *****http://www.absurdintellectual.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bucket-gulp.jpg******

That said, I have complete faith in the government's ability to screw up regulation.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

The same scientists who told us for years that margarine is healthier than butter, and that eating carbs is better for us than consuming those dreaded fats? Oops.

Human nutrition is an inexact science that not even the best scientists fully understand.
      They've learned a lot in the past 25 years. And hell, its pretty simple really for figuring out you're overweight. If you're taking in daily the caloric intake that it would take to feed a starving African kid for a week, that's why you're fat. You could eat ice cream every day if you wanted to and lose weight as long as you're not consuming a calorie more than what you're burning that day.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I'd like to nominate Martin Short for some sort of award for not slapping that comprehensively stupid b*tch Cathy Lee Gifford, for asking him questions about his marriage. His wife has been dead for a couple of years. And Gifford got caught playing the "we're all good friends" game, like she really knew or cared anything about Short's marriage, and really showed her a*s. Short, to his enduring credit, just smiled, and said how much he loved his wife. I doubt most people would have had the grace to do that. Martin Short is a mensch. And we all know what Mrs. Gifford is, don't we?
        Last edited by Old Pio; 06-01-2012, 12:09 AM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          You could eat ice cream every day if you wanted to and lose weight as long as you're not consuming a calorie more than what you're burning that day.
          Until you keeled over from cirrhosis and malnutrition, sure.

Comment

It might be "inexact" but its really quite simple. EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. Granted there are cases where that won't work for someone due to genetics or whatever, but 99% of the time, you can live a perfectly healthy life by that credo.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
              It might be "inexact" but its really quite simple. EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. Granted there are cases where that won't work for someone due to genetics or whatever, but 99% of the time, you can live a perfectly healthy life by that credo.
              Of course. And if anyone in NYC fails to live by that credo, that jumped up rich dwarf mayor, will send the cops to their house to make sure they see the error of their ways.
              Last edited by Old Pio; 06-01-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Anyone catch what Mayor Bloomberg was doing today?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...a81f6db25b5bce
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Anyone catch what Mayor Bloomberg was doing today?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...a81f6db25b5bce
                  Classic hypocrisy.

Comment

Zombies don't exist in real life

Now. Where this qualifies for this thread is this: I cannot believe we have to TELL people that a zombie is not going to jump up and get them.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Zombies don't exist in real life

Now. Where this qualifies for this thread is this: I cannot believe we have to TELL people that a zombie is not going to jump up and get them.
                      I saw that yesterday. Then I read another article in the same topic section on Google News. I was shocked at the number of cannibalism stories as of late. And they were all in developed countries. It's just sick. I think the two worst are still the Japanese penis guy and the face eater.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Maybe not zombies in the academic sense, but I'm still freaked out by face eating people.

Bath salts are a helluva drug.
                        *****http://beveragebaron.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/rick-james.png******
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Bath salts are a helluva drug.
                          The funny thing is, I guess they aren't even really bath salts. It's just a nasty little stimulant that is marketed as such and marked "not for human consumption" so that it can be legally sold.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I saw that yesterday. Then I read another article in the same topic section on Google News. I was shocked at the number of cannibalism stories as of late. And they were all in developed countries. It's just sick. I think the two worst are still the Japanese penis guy and the face eater.
                            What about the dude in Canada who added necrophelia to his act? It's been reported he consumed some of his victim's flesh. And he wasn't on any mind altering drugs. He's enough to give sick twitch queens a bad name.

Comment

73 year old man thrown out of a Barnes and Noble because he was browsing in the children's section alone. He says he was looking for gifts for his grand kids. The store says a woman "complained," and that its policy is designed to protect children and that men are not allowed to shop in the children's section by themselves. No indication he did anything improper, except "shopping while male."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/s...-sex-bias.html

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                73 year old man thrown out of a Barnes and Noble because he was browsing in the children's section alone. He says he was looking for gifts for his grand kids. The store says a woman "complained," and that its policy is designed to protect children and that men are not allowed to shop in the children's section by themselves. No indication he did anything improper, except "shopping while male."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/s...-sex-bias.html
                                I really hope that guy sues. He'll get a huge pay day, which he can use to buy books for his grand kids forever.... on Amazon.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X