X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    One point I would like to make about the Chicago Teacher thing:

Part of the reason for the insanely high pay is the turnover rate within the system.... They can't get teachers to come into the city... And when they do, they bolt for somewhere else within 5 years usually... The best teachers are rarely around after 10 years... That's the main problem with this...
    Well, that and everything that makes people not want to work for CPS.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet 2012

Yunel Escobar.

Professional POS.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/201..._escobar_slur/
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Enjoy your suspension...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

New trivia game: Message in someone's eye black or YouTube comment?
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

And from our Too Good to Be True department: Muslim a*shole dies after inhaling fumes from a burning American flag. Way to go, Mohammad.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...LBShGc2uKrGyIM
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              And from our Too Good to Be True department: Muslim a*shole dies after inhaling fumes from a burning American flag. Way to go, Moammed.

We need a law that all American flags be either flame proof, laced with something that becomes toxic when burned, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                We need a law that all American flags be either flame proof, laced with something that becomes toxic when burned, or both.
                That might, of course, pose a problem given the correct method of disposal of an American flag that has become too worn to be serviceable or has accidentally touched the ground.

Comment

And from our Too Good to Be True department: Muslim a*shole dies after inhaling fumes from a burning American flag. Way to go, Mohammad.

Awesome. Nice life Ali Baba.

All this over what amounts to a home movie with a big budget. Silly A Rabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Awesome. Nice life Ali Baba.

All this over what amounts to a home movie with a big budget. Silly A Rabs.
                    I have seen neither the "offending" video (and none of them have, either) nor the last 20 minutes or so of Bill Maher's movie, in which I understand he turns his gimlet eye on Islam. From the middle east and the WH, crickets. Perhaps the "outrage" varies with the amateurishness of the production.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 09-18-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Hundreds of kids in Milwaukee boycotting Michelle's new guidelines for lunch. Seems one size does not fit all when it comes to calorie counts. A hulking linebacker needs more than a dainty 110 pound girl. Now we all know this. The question is, why don't the federal busy bodies?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/educati...170124676.html
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 09-19-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Father on trial for killing his 2-year old daughter over a toileting accident. Did I fail to mention he has 7 children by 7 different women?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/19...est=latestnews
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 09-19-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Contractor rips off soldier with quintuplets on the way.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Fee...=y&clmob=y&c=n
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Hundreds of kids in Milwaukee boycotting Michelle's new guidelines for lunch. Seems one size does not fit all when it comes to calorie counts. A hulking linebacker needs more than a dainty 110 pound girl. Now we all know this. The question is, why don't the federal busy bodies?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/educati...170124676.html
                            Good for them. The question is, if they start brown bagging it on a regular basis, will there be any brownshirt teachers/monitors going way too far in inspecting those?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Good for them. The question is, if they start brown bagging it on a regular basis, will there be any brownshirt teachers/monitors going way too far in inspecting those?
                              I wouldn't bet against it. Besides, what's the "acceptable" extent of inspections? In the case of high school kids, does any teacher ever have probable cause for sticking her nose in a kid's lunch bag? And once she's done it, the authority to determine if the lunch "isn't up to standards?" And the authority to require the kid to eat something else (we've already had at least one instance of lunch facism)? If there's some concern a kid might not be getting appropriate nutrition, that sounds like a job for "officer friendly."
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 09-20-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Philadelphia threatening legal action against a guy who used his own money to clean up a vacant lot.

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2012/...est=latestnews

Comment

Working...
                                X