X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Like I'd drive in Boston A few years ago I was in Boston for Hockey East and I decided to walk from the Museum of Science to Boston Garden rather than wait for the T. I was walking faster than the traffic was moving made it to the Garden faster than if I was driving.

But I can't wait until November, when the Amtrak comes to Brunswick and I'll be able to walk to the station and take the train right into the Garden. That's going to be glorious.
    Somewhere in Boston there is an intersection where four one-way streets meet.

I also want Indy cars to do a race down Storrow Drive.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Massachusetts is the Best State in the Union

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Fixed ....how about this?

*****http://sas.guidespot.com/bundles/guides_22/assets/widget_da3_ntPyTdgkKDWLDucftd.jpg******
    Like I'd drive in Boston A few years ago I was in Boston for Hockey East and I decided to walk from the Museum of Science to Boston Garden rather than wait for the T. I was walking faster than the traffic was moving made it to the Garden faster than if I was driving.

But I can't wait until November, when the Amtrak comes to Brunswick and I'll be able to walk to the station and take the train right into the Garden. That's going to be glorious.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    At least one bridge is still intact
    Fixed ....how about this?

*****http://sas.guidespot.com/bundles/guides_22/assets/widget_da3_ntPyTdgkKDWLDucftd.jpg******

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Roads: Minnesota in a landslide.
    *****http://www.greatdreams.com/bridges/-i-w-35-Minnesota_Bridge_Collapse_sff_MNMIT141_20070801230 759.jpg******
    At least one bridge is still intact

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Sure Mass is a tier one state. I lived there for a few years. But Minnesota's got it beat.

Business: #1 Fortune 500 companies per capita...added 33% companies to the list in the last 15 years pretty much all organically grown..current list excludes twin cities spinoffs of Travellers, NWA, Honeywell and Wells Fargo.
    Quality of life: Top 2 cities in the country in the last 4 years...with 5 in the top 20 in 2010. (CNN/Money)
    Healthcare: Forgetabout it...Mayo...of 16 specialties, Mayo ranked #1 in 4 and top 5 rank in 12 disciplines.
    Undergrad Education: I'll give you colleges...but MN is #3 in SAT scores vs. #27 for MA.
    Roads: Minnesota in a landslide.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    To the converse of that, it takes a lot less coin to live in other states and get more for your money. I doubt that I could be single and own a 2600 sq ft townhouse anywhere near Boston, but I own one here in Minny. I can go to happy hour to get a $3 micro brew and $5 app. What does Boston have that Minny doesn't? A horrible accent and some waterfront properties butting up to a toxic bay. Congratulations.
    Its a big money state, no doubt about it. I don't feel the need to start blasting Minny. Its a fine state, although its got to be one of the few that people from Mass have sympathy for over their weather! Also we have better hockey teams.

Patman, the only people leaving Mass are those who can't cut it here.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Even then, Virginia probably beats it.
    I would give them that one over VA and KY, but PA certainly has them beat.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Shouldnt this say best "Commonwealth" in the nation?
    Even then, Virginia probably beats it.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

What the hell is Slate? Like Mr. Slate?

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Yeah... So great that most born there types are looking to get out... Let's face it... Without the Boston area schools and related tech sector they feed into, Mass would be properly screwed.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    No place filled with that many Irish can be all that great.
    That and M*******s in general.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    I've always really enjoyed living here. Lots to do, lots of money to be made, relatively young people, not as much drugs and crime as a lot of places. Like how they brought up per capita income. Sure you pay a lot but you make a lot. More than makes up for it.

Yeah, its a bit crowded and I could use another 2 months of warm weather, but hey, it works for me.
    To the converse of that, it takes a lot less coin to live in other states and get more for your money. I doubt that I could be single and own a 2600 sq ft townhouse anywhere near Boston, but I own one here in Minny. I can go to happy hour to get a $3 micro brew and $5 app. What does Boston have that Minny doesn't? A horrible accent and some waterfront properties butting up to a toxic bay. Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

i'd buy this if we got more federal highway funds! i need a new highway into boston.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Shouldnt this say best "Commonwealth" in the nation?

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

I've always really enjoyed living here. Lots to do, lots of money to be made, relatively young people, not as much drugs and crime as a lot of places. Like how they brought up per capita income. Sure you pay a lot but you make a lot. More than makes up for it.

Yeah, its a bit crowded and I could use another 2 months of warm weather, but hey, it works for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X