Massachusetts is the Best State in the Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    No place filled with that many Irish can be all that great.
    That and M*******s in general.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Re: Massachusetts is the Best State in the Union

Yeah... So great that most born there types are looking to get out... Let's face it... Without the Boston area schools and related tech sector they feed into, Mass would be properly screwed.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

What the hell is Slate? Like Mr. Slate?
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Shouldnt this say best "Commonwealth" in the nation?
          Even then, Virginia probably beats it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Even then, Virginia probably beats it.
            I would give them that one over VA and KY, but PA certainly has them beat.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              To the converse of that, it takes a lot less coin to live in other states and get more for your money. I doubt that I could be single and own a 2600 sq ft townhouse anywhere near Boston, but I own one here in Minny. I can go to happy hour to get a $3 micro brew and $5 app. What does Boston have that Minny doesn't? A horrible accent and some waterfront properties butting up to a toxic bay. Congratulations.
              Its a big money state, no doubt about it. I don't feel the need to start blasting Minny. Its a fine state, although its got to be one of the few that people from Mass have sympathy for over their weather! Also we have better hockey teams.

Patman, the only people leaving Mass are those who can't cut it here.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Sure Mass is a tier one state. I lived there for a few years. But Minnesota's got it beat.

Business: #1 Fortune 500 companies per capita...added 33% companies to the list in the last 15 years pretty much all organically grown..current list excludes twin cities spinoffs of Travellers, NWA, Honeywell and Wells Fargo.
                Quality of life: Top 2 cities in the country in the last 4 years...with 5 in the top 20 in 2010. (CNN/Money)
                Healthcare: Forgetabout it...Mayo...of 16 specialties, Mayo ranked #1 in 4 and top 5 rank in 12 disciplines.
                Undergrad Education: I'll give you colleges...but MN is #3 in SAT scores vs. #27 for MA.
                Roads: Minnesota in a landslide.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Roads: Minnesota in a landslide.
                  *****http://www.greatdreams.com/bridges/-i-w-35-Minnesota_Bridge_Collapse_sff_MNMIT141_20070801230 759.jpg******
                  At least one bridge is still intact

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    At least one bridge is still intact
                    Fixed ....how about this?

*****http://sas.guidespot.com/bundles/guides_22/assets/widget_da3_ntPyTdgkKDWLDucftd.jpg******
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      Fixed ....how about this?

*****http://sas.guidespot.com/bundles/guides_22/assets/widget_da3_ntPyTdgkKDWLDucftd.jpg******
                      Like I'd drive in Boston A few years ago I was in Boston for Hockey East and I decided to walk from the Museum of Science to Boston Garden rather than wait for the T. I was walking faster than the traffic was moving made it to the Garden faster than if I was driving.

But I can't wait until November, when the Amtrak comes to Brunswick and I'll be able to walk to the station and take the train right into the Garden. That's going to be glorious.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Like I'd drive in Boston A few years ago I was in Boston for Hockey East and I decided to walk from the Museum of Science to Boston Garden rather than wait for the T. I was walking faster than the traffic was moving made it to the Garden faster than if I was driving.

But I can't wait until November, when the Amtrak comes to Brunswick and I'll be able to walk to the station and take the train right into the Garden. That's going to be glorious.
                        Somewhere in Boston there is an intersection where four one-way streets meet.

I also want Indy cars to do a race down Storrow Drive.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                        X