• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Gray
    replied
    Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Someone must have hacked Bob's account!
    Guess I've been hanging around this place too long. All you liberals must be rubbing off on me. Or am I just a compassionate conservative?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    It's very reasonable to say that you put the same person in a tough neighborhood and family that doesn't emphasize education and in a nice suburban setting in a family that emphasizes education, and in the second situation they are more likely to succeed. While you certainly can't make all opportunities and situations equal, it is also reasonable to take some steps to try to provide opportunities to all. Exactly how that is done is where things get messy.
    Someone must have hacked Bob's account!

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett has indicated that he has received information from Hawaii regarding proof of Obama's birth and is ok with the information he received. So, Rover, better find another reason to complain about Arizona. Case closed on this little episode, which ended up being a non-event, despite some people trying to make a big deal about it.
    Looks like he got it back. The people trying to make a big deal about it were the birthers. Hence the request from the state of Hawaii in the first place. And do you really think this is going to stop all derp? Has this documentation satisfied that noted intellectual Joe Arpaio?
    Last edited by Priceless; 05-23-2012, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett has indicated that he has received information from Hawaii regarding proof of Obama's birth and is ok with the information he received. So, Rover, better find another reason to complain about Arizona. Case closed on this little episode, which ended up being a non-event, despite some people trying to make a big deal about it.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I guess this study really is true.
    “The study concludes that media sources have a significant impact on the number of questions that people were able to answer correctly,” wrote Cassino and his colleagues. “The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 [out of four] domestic questions correctly—a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 [out of four] questions correctly.”
    Not very inspirational either way. So Fox listeners get a "D" while NPR listeners get a "C-"? Wow.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    BTW, I think the "Hope" thing in 2008 was a very good slogan (it had nothing to do with the preceding discussion, but you threw it in as if it did so I'm responding). It spoke to the general feeling after 8 years of Dubya that even beyond all the anger at the destruction of basic American values there was just a feeling of tremendous sadness at what had been done in our name. The "hope" was that we would no longer be such an ugly byword in the world. That's been achieved, at least mostly. Drone strikes on weddings are still pretty ugly, but they beat torture and wars of whim.
    This is why "Hope" makes the perfect political slogan; look how much one person can read into it. For someone else, it's the "hope" that they won't have to make mortgage payments anymore. Both would be perfectly right, as long as their interpretations come with a vote.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X