X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Obama is very pro-business, but the GOP is a wind-up toy and they can't adjust their rhetoric. They also incite / exploit a broad swath of voters who simply don't check the facts. The markets do better under Democrats. The government grows more under Republicans. But don't unsettle them with data, the narrative that the Democratic party is anti-business is too irresistible to set aside just because of facts.

It works the other way, too. Obama has continued every significant Dubya surveillance and intelligence gathering policy except torture (and the latter is a case of "that we know of"). But don't unsettle us with facts, the narrative that the Republicans are the party of the Intelligence Industrial Complex is too gratifying.

There are significant difference in the parties, and there is no way I would jump from the frying pan of the Dems to the fire of the GOP. But the really serious rot is the buying of political office by big money, and that infection runs to the root of both parties. And the only intellectually serious third party movement believes in surrendering even more power to big money! The mind boggles.
    Obummer is not pro-business. He is pro-unions and only supports businesses enjoyed by those that give him money towards his re-election. If he were pro-business, he'd be for ANY American business regardless of their circumstances. He'd bless the ENTIRE pipeline. He wouldn't look to shut down refineries and coal power plants. He'd bless companies that look to come to the country and want to allow open hiring (i.e. non-closed-union). He wouldn't put forth legislation that forces health care providers out of business due to a disagreement in semantics.

Clinton being pro-business? That's why he basically ghosted cities across the country (such as Plattsburgh and Rome NY), right? The dot-com boom happened by coincidence of the internet being marketed. The economy could have grown with innovation like that under Herbert Hoover, for crying out loud.

And how about that Jimmy Carter growth. REAL spectacular.

There is absolutely NO difference between the democans you are trying to defend and the republicrats to which you claim that I (and others on here) belong. They are the same authoritarian bozos that just use different talking points to make you THINK they're preaching something different, when in all reality, they're not. The government grows under BOTH parties, whether constitutional or not, and every day we lose the few rights that remain. If you were to read the Declaration of Independence, specifically the grievances against King George III, you will find that you could air over HALF of those grievances against both Dubya AND Obummer.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      A line from a Frank Zappa song??
      It is what proud Democrats in Texas (and elsewhere) call themselves. It means they'd vote for a yellow dog before they'd vote for a Republican. These are low information voters who, notwithstanding Kepler's strenuous efforts to convince us otherwise, exist in huge numbers in the Democrat party.

The Frank Zappa line you may be thinking of is: "Charlotte the harlot, the girl we adore, the pride of the prairie, the cow punchers' wh*re."
      Last edited by Old Pio; 06-08-2012, 01:46 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Obummer is not pro-business.
        Too funny.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Obummer is not pro-business. He is pro-unions and only supports businesses enjoyed by those that give him money towards his re-election. If he were pro-business, he'd be for ANY American business regardless of their circumstances.
          Serious question: Should a president support a business that outsources American jobs to Asia? Should a president support companies that cut corners and kill their employees (like, say, coal mining)? Since you say regardless of circumstances, should I assume the answer is "Yes."?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Serious question: Should a president support a business that outsources American jobs to Asia? Should a president support companies that cut corners and kill their employees (like, say, coal mining)? Since you say regardless of circumstances, should I assume the answer is "Yes."?
            Should a President support a company that has made record profits and lobbies for anti-middle class tax policies, ships jobs overseas, and refuses to reinvest in America and instead spends it all destroying the environment in China?

Apparently the answer is a resounding YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He should.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Liberal democrats. They're just like computers. Enter a few key characters, and a set of instructions tells them exactly what to do. I've heard this same crap from every single one I've talked to.

Comment

Neocons. They're just like computers. Enter a few key characters, and a set of instructions tells them exactly what to do. I've heard this same crap from every single one I've talked to.

Comment

*in white southern baptist minister voice* For only 65 cents a day, you can join the 700 club as we spread the word of God to all those around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Should a President support a company that has made record profits and lobbies for anti-middle class tax policies, ships jobs overseas, and refuses to reinvest in America and instead spends it all destroying the environment in China?

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the barking moonbat equivalent of hitting for the cycle.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Should investors support a company that has lost over a trillion dollars of the investors' money in a single year, basically jails the investors into investing, and practically spits in the faces of the investors?

Apparently the answer is a resounding YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should.

Comment

This is the end...my only friend...the end...I'll never look into your eyes...again...

This

is

the

End

Comment

Should a president take donations from a company that outsources jobs to India. Should he have the CEO of GE sleeping in the Lincoln Bedroom, while said CEO closes down US factories and moves production to India?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

There is absolutely NO difference between the democans you are trying to defend and the republicrats to which you claim that I (and others on here) belong. They are the same authoritarian bozos that just use different talking points to make you THINK they're preaching something different, when in all reality, they're not. The government grows under BOTH parties, whether constitutional or not, and every day we lose the few rights that remain. If you were to read the Declaration of Independence, specifically the grievances against King George III, you will find that you could air over HALF of those grievances against both Dubya AND Obummer.
                            And the Apocalypse is here...I agree with this point
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Should a president take donations from a company that outsources jobs to India. Should he have the CEO of GE sleeping in the Lincoln Bedroom, while said CEO closes down US factories and moves production to India?
                              So you're saying he's pro-business?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Lets not forget they paid a -% tax rate.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X