X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah...because your lord and savior cares nothing for business. Every action he takes is so Anti-Business it stinks!

It is to the point that even the Dems are starting to believe the rhetoric of Faux News and use it to justify their love a guy who they should loathe. Obama has become a linchpin in showing the hypocrisy of both parties. The GOP hates him because he forces them to dislike all their old standbye policies and the Dems love him despite the fact that he is nothing more than Bush in Black Face.

I know the two guys I am not voting for...
    Wow. That's quite the contorted view of things. But, entertaining.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Yeah...because your lord and savior cares nothing for business. Every action he takes is so Anti-Business it stinks!

It is to the point that even the Dems are starting to believe the rhetoric of Faux News and use it to justify their love a guy who they should loathe. Obama has become a linchpin in showing the hypocrisy of both parties. The GOP hates him because he forces them to dislike all their old standbye policies and the Dems love him despite the fact that he is nothing more than Bush in Black Face.

I thought I was the one with a brain tumor...

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
        You know the answer is in the middle, you know both guys care about business and neither wants to see people experience hardship. Yeah, their methods will differ, and that is the question...they both want the country to succeed and they both are willing to make tradeoffs...not to absolutes, as you state, but to a position they each feel is the best path. It is so easy to explain it all away as romney only cares about the rich...you know it isnt that simple...but of course it would mean departing from your democratic party talking points to ever utter such a thing.
        The things that unite us are so much more numerous than what divides us. Elections are won by highlighting the latter; governing used to be done by focusing on the former. Now elections and governing both focus on dividing us.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          These are ordinary conventional dividends, the quarterly payout per share kind.

39.6% + 3.8% = 43.4%

PPACA applies a 3.8% medicare tax to investment income starting in 2013.

That's also how capital gains tax gets to 23.8%: 20% + 3.8%.
          It's still false. My unqualified dividends are not taxed at 35%. My unqualified dividends are taxed as if they were traditional income, and I'm not in the 35 bracket. The only thing, at this point, that truly has a fixed rate regardless of bracket is the collectibles gain tax (28%). Even if you're in the 10% bracket, you must still pay 28% on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            The things that unite us are so much more numerous than what divides us. Elections are won by highlighting the latter; governing used to be done by focusing on the former. Now elections and governing both focus on dividing us.
            Well said.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Word.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Obama is very pro-business, but the GOP is a wind-up toy and they can't adjust their rhetoric. They also incite / exploit a broad swath of voters who simply don't check the facts. The markets do better under Democrats. The government grows more under Republicans. But don't unsettle them with data, the narrative that the Democratic party is anti-business is too irresistible to set aside just because of facts.

It works the other way, too. Obama has continued every significant Dubya surveillance and intelligence gathering policy except torture (and the latter is a case of "that we know of"). But don't unsettle us with facts, the narrative that the Republicans are the party of the Intelligence Industrial Complex is too gratifying.

There are significant difference in the parties, and there is no way I would jump from the frying pan of the Dems to the fire of the GOP. But the really serious rot is the buying of political office by big money, and that infection runs to the root of both parties. And the only intellectually serious third party movement believes in surrendering even more power to big money! The mind boggles.
                Last edited by Kepler; 06-08-2012, 12:51 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  right on, brother.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    the only intellectually serious third party movement
                    pray tell?
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      pray tell?
                      The guys with the bad ties.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That was my guess. A new one on me this week:

Libertarian: One who believes that oppression is best handled by the private sector.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          That was my guess. A new one on me this week:

Libertarian: One who believes that oppression is best handled by the private sector.
                          That's good.

As their resident spokesman, you must explain about the bad ties sometime. I understood it in the 70's when everybody had bad ties, but I watch their convention every four years and the two absolute certainties are that the audience will be 98% composed of guys who look like one of these three, and they will all be wearing ludicrously hideous ties:

*****http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs9/i/2006/024/4/0/Lone_Gunmen_WP_by_punster_almighty.jpg******
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-08-2012, 01:06 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Obama is very pro-business, but the GOP is a wind-up toy and they can't adjust their rhetoric. They also incite / exploit a broad swath of voters who simply don't check the facts. The markets do better under Democrats. The government grows more under Republicans. But don't unsettle them with data, the narrative that the Democratic party is anti-business is too irresistible to set aside just because of facts.

It works the other way, too. Obama has continued every significant Dubya surveillance and intelligence gathering policy except torture (and the latter is a case of "that we know of"). But don't unsettle us with facts, the narrative that the Republicans are the party of the Intelligence Industrial Complex is too gratifying.

There are significant difference in the parties, and there is no way I would jump from the frying pan of the Dems to the fire of the GOP. But the really serious rot is the buying of political office by big money, and that infection runs to the root of both parties. And the only intellectually serious third party movement believes in surrendering even more power to big money! The mind boggles.
                            Many of those Democratic deep thinkers were on display Tuesday night, wailing about the "end of democracy" and blaming Barrett's defeat on the Citizens United decision. If that decision had gone the other way, Walker wouldn't have raised a penny less. And informing us that the "real" winner was His Introubleness.

You have heard the phrase "yellow dog Democrats," right?
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              You have heard the phrase "yellow dog Democrats," right?
                              A line from a Frank Zappa song??
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

As their resident spokesman, you must explain about the bad ties sometime.
                                What, like we're going to let someone DICTATE to us what kind of ties to wear??? Is that some evil government conspiracy? Who's going to police the fashion police? If we consolidate that kind of power in government, is anyone truly free anymore? The founders would be appalled that in this day and age...
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X