This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

OMG! The Marxist Muslin from Kenya had the tenacity to compare Coolidge's being the first to use the radio to his being the first POTUS on Twitter! It's the end of the Republic!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      OMG! The Marxist Muslin from Kenya had the tenacity to compare Coolidge's being the first to use the radio to his being the first POTUS on Twitter! It's the end of the Republic!
      If these were the first or only indications that His Oneness sees himself as a dot with a circle around it, they could be dismissed. But in recent days he has suggested US service personnel are fighting for him, personally. And his surrogate has suggested how horrible it would have been "for him" if some of those SEALS who put bin Laden's lights out were captured. Horrible for His Oneness. Not them. His announcement of the death of bin Laden is on Youtube, review it and count the number of first person pronouns he uses.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        You wouldn't know a cornhusker from a cornhole.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Since Obamaphiles worship everything he says and does, and conservaphobes despise anything said or done by a right-wing public figure, maybe we can have some fun by posting actions and quotes without attribution, so that we can actually try some critical thinking based purely on the content?

The great drama of Christianity is not a crowd shot, following the movements of collectives or even nations. The drama is always personal, individual, unfolding in one's own life... Out of this, men and women of every faith, and good people with none at all, sincerely strive to do right and lead a purpose-driven life.

Progress emerges through conscience in action, [which is our] nation's greatest force for good.

The call to service is one of the fundamental elements of our national character. It has motivated every great movement of conscience that this hopeful, fair-minded country of ours has ever seen."

Nice sentiments....now, do we ridicule them or praise them, without knowing first who said them??
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Since Obamaphobes despise everything he says and does, and conservaphiles worship anything said or done by a right-wing public figure...
            Thank you for your sterling contribution to the dialog.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              The temporary tax cuts were supposed to have already expired, it's not my fault Congress extended them.

By your logic, if Wal*Mart has a sale on widgets that normally are $4.00 each but for two weeks they only cost $2.00, when the sale is over and the price goes back to $4.00 they raised prices by 100%!
              Are you honestly that dumb? How do you get the price from $2 back to $4 unless you raise the price back up by 100%?

There is no free lunch.

Unless we make Obama emperor. THIS time I'm sure he'll pay off all our mortgages for us.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                There is no free lunch.

Um, I'm pretty sure that is exactly Priceless' point.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Um, I'm pretty sure that is exactly Priceless' point.
                  We're in agreement on that point. I just don't think it's possible to pay our bills without raising taxes back up to precedented levels.

nitpicky, I know, but it seems apparent to me that an increase is still mathematically an increase, whether or not you think it "should have" already been in place.
                  Last edited by geezer; 05-17-2012, 08:17 AM.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Are you honestly that dumb? How do you get the price from $2 back to $4 unless you raise the price back up by 100%?

There is no free lunch.

Unless we make Obama emperor. THIS time I'm sure he'll pay off all our mortgages for us.
                    *****http://www.thefastlaneforum.com/attachments/fastlane-millionaire-stories/2526d1312612520-if-you-lost-everything-how-would-you-rebuild-8de09-notsureifserious.jpg******

Comment

We're in agreement on that point. I just don't think it's possible to pay our bills without raising taxes back up to precedented levels.

nitpicky, I know, but it seems apparent to me that an increase is still mathematically an increase, whether or not you think it "should have" already been in place.
                      Errrrr........no.

Only in the Republicans and Grover's mind is the end of a timed tax break an increase in taxes. You seem to have gotten sucked into that vortex.

Bankruptcy. It's not a scare tactic, it's inevitable.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's not a "should have," though, it's the plan contracted between all parties. Let's say I have an initial budget that plans for an expenditure of $10M in the base contract year and then $20M in option years 1 through 4. Midway through the base year we review and decide to only expend $10M in option year 1. When we get to option year 2 and I expend the planned $20M, you can't say that's an overrun. But that's exactly the rhetorical point the GOP is trying to argue. It's not semantics, it's just a falsehood.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Thank you for your sterling contribution to the dialog.
                          I can understand your frustration. Were my ego invested in a political outcome I'd be pretty frustrated too. However I expected more maturity from you than to lash out at someone else in frustration for which they bear no responsibity in causing. If the emperor is not wearing any clothes, you don't blame the person who notices, you blame the emperor.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Isn't what really happened is back in 2001 Congress and the President did two things. They reduced taxes from level "A" to level "B", and in order to get that passed, agreed to raise taxes at some later point in time back to level "A"? Since then the date for raising the taxes has been pushed back. I mean there is no "fixed" level of taxes. They're whatever Congress and the President can agree on. The silliness of characterizing things like an "expiration of a tax cut" is the reason I don't oppose the periodic public flogging of most of those idiots.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

And, finally, ad hominum attacks. Disappointing, but in the end not surprising. You may vent your impotent spleen in peace.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Wisconsin is now a toss up state.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X