X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by pirate View Post
    1. We all would likely agree that genocide cannot be tolerated. BUT, have the UN lead the action.
    Why are you surrendering to Al Qaida?

Comment

And we can't get drawn into US political fights that dare us to act in these cases. If you let #4 work its way out, your election opponent will claim you stood by and let women and children be slaughtered. So, you act, you save the women and children...so you get accused of wasting our troops' lives in the election. Doesn't matter what you do, your opponent will find one peice of litter and make a landfill out of it.
      This doesn't dictate your actions if you have a foreign policy that's not based on domestic politics.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Didnt some character in the Princess Bride tell us not to get involved in a land war in Asia.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          Didnt some character in the Princess Bride tell us not to get involved in a land war in Asia.
          He died. Sort of like shooting the messenger.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I used to be more gung ho about finding a war now and then so we could keep our guns from rusting and give our boys some target practice to stay sharp. But now in my old age, I've come around to more of a "99 Red Balloons" school of foreign policy where I realize we're most likely, as a country, to screw up anything we touch. So we're better off with "live and let live" in almost every case.

"Everyone's a super hero, everyone's a Captain Kirk"
            Last edited by geezer; 05-14-2012, 02:23 PM.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Why are you surrendering to Al Qaida?
              Hasn't Obummer already done so?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Hasn't Obummer already done so?
                I guess, if by "surrendering" you mean having their leader repeatedly shot in the face with guns.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  I guess, if by "surrendering" you mean having their leader repeatedly shot in the face with guns.
                  No, I mean going on apology tours, bowing to Islamic leaders, and persecuting almost every other system of beliefs in the world for the sake of Islam.

Zechariah 14.

Comment

(I'm bored. Where's my Foxton trap?)

Jesus Christ, the son of God, says it's best if we don't all shoot each other to death.

(baits pan and slowly backs away)

Comment

No, I mean going on apology tours, bowing to Islamic leaders, and persecuting almost every other system of beliefs in the world for the sake of Islam.

Zechariah 14.
                      OMG. And our last president wanted to have a gay polygamist marriage to a Muslim!

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Srbr7Wvfnes/TSyOZ9U8sGI/AAAAAAAARdk/fw_wQ_V8wdk/s1600/GeorgeBushKingAbdullahKissing.jpg******

*****http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepony/BushAbdullah2.jpg******

My god, bowing to Islamic leaders is an UPGRADE.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        This doesn't dictate your actions if you have a foreign policy that's not based on domestic politics.
                        But, in real life, everything is calculated to garner votes. Everything.
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

But, in real life, everything is calculated to garner votes. Everything.
                          The guys (and girls) whose job it is to win elections are certainly always whispering about "optics," but there's a huge difference between making decisions based on domestic politics and making decisions based on foreign policy theory and then announcing and framing the decision based on domestic politics. The latter is just good politics. The former, when it happens (which in foreign policy is actually a lot less often than people would suspect) is bad governance.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            OMG. And our last president wanted to have a gay polygamist marriage to a Muslim!

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Srbr7Wvfnes/TSyOZ9U8sGI/AAAAAAAARdk/fw_wQ_V8wdk/s1600/GeorgeBushKingAbdullahKissing.jpg******

*****http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepony/BushAbdullah2.jpg******

My god, bowing to Islamic leaders is an UPGRADE.
                            I know this is old but it makes me chuckle every time. The wave the big stick worked so well for us I think we should go back to it Diplomacy seems to be a foreign word since the last admin forgot all of the rules to practice it. SOmetimes it is more effective to stop rattling your saber, say nice things in the open and say what you really mean behind closed doors. That is what used to happen and it worked pretty well for yrs.

Comment

Zechariah 14.
                              You meant, "Stuff that didn't happen" for $400, Alex.

Comment

Zechariah 14.
                                His bow was to the Japanese Prime Minister. The Japanese Prime Minister is not Muslim.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X