• Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The shift begins.

The progression for a party to get out of a cul de sac:

1. X is laughable.
    2. X is dangerous!!!
    3. X should be permitted under careful controlled conditions.
    4. I have always wholeheartedly supported X.
    The same thing can be said for both parties. Remember the authoritarian left's thoughts on the ripping-up-the-Constitution Patriot Act?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      The same thing can be said for both parties. Remember the authoritarian left's thoughts on the ripping-up-the-Constitution Patriot Act?
      This election will not turn on gay marriage or the "war on (middle aged) women (who want me to pay for their sex lives)" or Romney's prep school activities. On that point, I'm reminded of the line from "JFK": "It's a study of his pubic hair."
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Absolutely agree.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          "war on (middle aged) women (who want me to pay for their sex lives)"
          They pay for your Viagara. What's the difference?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think that discussion of Gay Marriage as civil rights...is both accurate and could be pivotal in terms of public opinion.

Listen to segments by RNC chair Prebius:

"People in this country, no matter straight or gay, deserve dignity and respect. However, that doesn't mean it carries on to marriage,"

"I don't think it's a matter of civil rights. I think it's just a matter of whether or not we're going to adhere to something that's been historical and religious and legal in this country for many, many years," Priebus said. "I mean, marriage has to have a definition, and we just happen to believe it's between a man and woman."

Now what if a few words were changed:

"I don't think slavery's a matter of civil rights. I think it's just a matter of whether or not we're going to adhere to something that's been historical and economic and legal in this country for many, many years," Priebus said. "I mean, person has to have a definition, and we just happen to believe it's between a worker and his owner."
            Last edited by 5mn_Major; 05-14-2012, 10:37 AM.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              He is a man...he counts whereas women dont. DUH!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                And you tout yourself as being fiscally concerned.
                Originally posted by Priceless
                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                Very well, said.
                Originally posted by Rover
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/404981_459876734037843_108038612554992_1715340_143 3950139_n.jpg******
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    I comprehend that anything he said or did in reaction to those events 50 years ago would not have met with your approval. For once, why not just admit it and surprise us all.
                    You are a wishful thinker.
                    Originally posted by Priceless
                    Good to see you're so reasonable.
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Very well, said.
                    Originally posted by Rover
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

This is probably not a good sign for Romney.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Too many GOP still think it is the USA's responsibility to be the world's cop. I've fallen into the Pat Buchanan camp where let the natives solve their own problems. I fail to see why Georgian independence is our problem. I fail to see why a nuclear Iran is worth a preemptive strike by the USA. And I fail to see why we should get involved in a land war in Asia.

If it is in my hemisphere, I will be a bit more concerned, but on the other side of the oceans, forget it.

BTW, Slick Willie is on Golf Channel tonight at 10. It looks like a fun interview.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Too many GOP still think it is the USA's responsibility to be the world's cop. I've fallen into the Pat Buchanan camp where let the natives solve their own problems. I fail to see why Georgian independence is our problem. I fail to see why a nuclear Iran is worth a preemptive strike by the USA. And I fail to see why we should get involved in a land war in Asia.

If it is in my hemisphere, I will be a bit more concerned, but on the other side of the oceans, forget it.

BTW, Slick Willie is on Golf Channel tonight at 10. It looks like a fun interview.
                          Slick makes an outstanding ex-president. He's accomplished a ton of work in Asia and Africa for poor people. And he's probably done his part to father dozens of children around the world as well.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

The GOP thinks we should only control our hemisphere. The Northern hemisphere.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Slick makes an outstanding ex-president. He's accomplished a ton of work in Asia and Africa for poor people. And he's probably done his part to father dozens of children around the world as well.
                              Kazakhstan has beautiful women.
                              Cornell University

Comment

1. We all would likely agree that genocide cannot be tolerated. BUT, have the UN lead the action.

2. Nuclear capability in the hands of crazies...starts to get dicey on when to act. How crazy do they have to be?

3. Ruthless dictator, probably better with funding the rebels than sending in GI Joe.

4. Civil war, keep it fair (see 3b), avoid issue #1, watch with interest.

As we selectively follow the UN, court favor with certain allies and settle old scores with other countries, we create inconsistencies that cloud future decisions. Once you violate a rule (well, more guidelines really), why not do it again?

And we can't get drawn into US political fights that dare us to act in these cases. If you let #4 work its way out, your election opponent will claim you stood by and let women and children be slaughtered. So, you act, you save the women and children...so you get accused of wasting our troops' lives in the election. Doesn't matter what you do, your opponent will find one peice of litter and make a landfill out of it.
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X