X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    A single state party primary which, oddly enough, gives you a chance to bash Bush. Give it up.
    So you're brushing off what Bush did to McCain, a far more legitimate war hero, in the 2000 campaign? I'm clarifying here, my apologies if I've misinterpreted.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      So you're brushing off what Bush did to McCain, a far more legitimate war hero, in the 2000 campaign? I'm clarifying here, my apologies if I've misinterpreted.
      I don't give a sh*t. "A far more legitimate war hero" than who, exactly (John Kerry for certain)? And how is that relevant now? Bush is yestereday's news (despite the obvious obsessions and rules of engagement* around here).

George Will once said: "Chicago politics, like Chicago baseball, is not for the squeamish. That's true of politics generally. The problem is when presumably neutral "journalists" take sides and disguise it as "news."

*It's Bush's fault
      Bush did it first
      Bush was way worse.

Rinse, lather, repeat.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 05-12-2012, 02:25 AM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I don't give a sh*t. "A far more legitimate war hero" than who, exactly (John Kerry for certain)? And how is that relevant now? Bush is yestereday's news (despite the obvious obsessions and rules of engagement* around here).

George Will once said: "Chicago politics, like Chicago baseball, is not for the squeamish. That's true of politics generally. The problem is when presumably neutral "journalists" take sides and disguise it as "news."

*It's Bush's fault
        Bush did it first
        Bush was way worse.

Rinse, lather, repeat.
        A discussion about past nasty campaigns, someone says "Bush" and you blow up like a firecracker. Hilarious. I wonder if they work you up enough if you'll just walk around saying "Libs Libs Libs" and making up new names for Obama.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          making up new names for Obama.
          I heard a good one for Elizabeth Warren the other day, "tenured Tonto"
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

A discussion about past nasty campaigns, someone says "Bush" and you blow up like a firecracker. Hilarious. I wonder if they work you up enough if you'll just walk around saying "Libs Libs Libs" and making up new names for Obama.
            It's so Pavlovian.

(as will be the tantrum that responds to this)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I heard a good one for Elizabeth Warren the other day, "tenured Tonto"
              Barack "Dr. Whossein" Obama. For when you want to blame him for stuff before 2009.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

*****http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2012/05/romney_vs_obama_may_12_2012.jpg******

This is TF

Comment

You are capable of distinguishing between a campaign for president (which was being discussed before the poodles brought up Bush) and a primary, right? I would have said hand grenade instead of firecracker, but that's just me. In any case, pointing out how pathetic the ladies of the chorale are is my civic duty. And new names for His Transcriptlessness is more in the nature of a hobby than anything else. The fact that is annoys you is a bonus.

Comment

This would give a few of our board members an Excedrin headache:

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That Congress doth consent that the territory properly included within and rightfully belonging to the Republic of Texas, may be erected into a new State to be called the State of Texas, with a republican form of government adopted by the people of said Republic, by deputies in convention assembled, with the consent of the existing Government in order that the same may by admitted as one of the States of this Union.

2. And be it further resolved, That the foregoing consent of Congress is given upon the following conditions, to wit: First, said state to be formed, subject to the adjustment by this government of all questions of boundary that may arise with other government, --and the Constitution thereof, with the proper evidence of its adoption by the people of said Republic of Texas, shall be transmitted to the President of the United States, to be laid before Congress for its final action on, or before the first day of January, one thousand eight hundred and forty-six. Second, said state when admitted into the Union, after ceding to the United States all public edifices, fortifications, barracks, ports and harbors, navy and navy yards, docks, magazines and armaments, and all other means pertaining to the public defense, belonging to the said Republic of Texas, shall retain funds, debts, taxes and dues of every kind which may belong to, or be due and owing to the said Republic; and shall also retain all the vacant and unappropriated lands lying within its limits, to be applied to the payment of the debts and liabilities of said Republic of Texas, and the residue of said lands, after discharging said debts and liabilities, to be disposed of as said State may direct; but in no event are said debts and liabilities to become a charge upon the Government of the United States. Third -- New States of convenient size not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas and having sufficient population, may, hereafter by the consent of said State, be formed out of the territory thereof, which shall be entitled to admission under the provisions of the Federal Constitution; and such states as may be formed out of the territory lying south of thirty-six degrees thirty minutes north latitude, commonly known as the Missouri Compromise Line, shall be admitted into the Union, with or without slavery, as the people of each State, asking admission shall desire; and in such State or States as shall be formed out of said territory, north of said Missouri Compromise Line, slavery, or involuntary servitude (except for crime) shall be prohibited.

3. And be it further resolved, That if the President of the United States shall in his judgment and discretion deem it most advisable, instead of proceeding to submit the foregoing resolution of the Republic of Texas, as an overture on the part of the United States for admission, to negotiate with the Republic; then,

Be it resolved, That a State, to be formed out of the present Republic of Texas, with suitable extent and boundaries, and with two representatives in Congress, until the next appointment of representation, shall be admitted into the Union, by virtue of this act, on an equal footing with the existing States, as soon as the terms and conditions of such admission, and the cession of the remaining Texian territory to the United States shall be agreed upon by the governments of Texas and the United States: And that the sum of one hundred thousand dollars be, and the same is hereby, appropriated to defray the expenses of missions and negotiations, to agree upon the terms of said admission and cession, either by treaty to be submitted to the Senate, or by articles to be submitted to the two houses of Congress, as the President may direct.

Approved, March 1, 1845.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      It's so Pavlovian.

(as will be the tantrum that responds to this)
                      And original.

Comment

*****http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2012/05/romney_vs_obama_may_12_2012.jpg******

This is TF
                        Those GI's fighting "on (his) behalf" presumably weren't polled.

Comment

This is TF
                          *****http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1114731/polls.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            *****http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1114731/polls.jpg******
                            How's the air in the bunker?

Comment

How's the air in the bunker?
                              Gasping, when looking at that Rasmussen poll

Comment

The shift begins.

The progression for a party to get out of a cul de sac:

1. X is laughable.
                                2. X is dangerous!!!
                                3. X should be permitted under careful controlled conditions.
                                4. I have always wholeheartedly supported X.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X