This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

I think I was in Orono Junior High when a high school kid named Ed got his hair cut off, not because he was gay simply because he had long hair. This was years after Romney(at least I'm not commie) did his deed.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Occupy MN just walked by my office along Marquette Ave a few minutes ago. More than a few of them could stand to occupy a bath. I know it's an old joke, but it's not so much a joke when you look at them.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        I don't give a sh*t, at the top of my lungs. Either about what Romney did in prep school or his reaction to it. Surely a person of your erudition will agree that we really ought to focus on other, more pertinent issues. He's running for President of the United States, not president of the senior class.
        And here I was thinking you'd like this story, since you can't seem to get past the 1950's and 1960's. I guess if it doesn't involve Jane Fonda it doesn't interest you?
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          And here I was thinking you'd like this story, since you can't seem to get past the 1950's and 1960's. I guess if it doesn't involve Jane Fonda it doesn't interest you?
          Yup, Jane Fonda sucking the diks of NV antii-aircraft gunners (who may have killed US airmen) is EXACTLY the same as what Romney did in high school.
          Last edited by Old Pio; 05-11-2012, 03:45 PM.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I definitely think we should focus on more pertinent things. Like I said, I thought his reaction was gross. It isn't going to make or break my vote, obviously.
            Well, his non reaction to a non story is definitely the way to breath a second day into this nonsense. But you're not at all concerned, apparantly, with the WaPo making up quotes, timing the release of the story to draw the sharpest possible compaerison with His Snortness and all the rest. That's just part of the topography, not worthy of notice or comment. Just Romney's "lact of affect." Bleah.

Comment

Anyone who was undecided and uses this as the deciding factor is worthless. However, to think no one in the opposition camp is going to make hay with the story is the height of naivete. It's what campaigns are about. It isn't anything new. Everyone says they want a high-minded campaign on the economy, jobs, foreign policy etc but they tune out anytime a politician mentions those issues. The classic example is Al Gore being skewered on SNL for being a policy wonk. Bob Dole spent a great deal of his campaign in 1996 talking about the issues and he got slaughtered in the election. After the campaign, we learned he had a sharp sense of humor - which wouldn't have changed the outcome of the election, but if he had let the American people into that side of himself it would have been closer.

If this had been a story about Barack Obama, do you suppose for a minute Fox "News" or the rest of the right-wing media would have shown restraint and said, "No, this is a story from so long ago it doesn't matter now." If you believe that, I have some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you.

Comment

Well, his non reaction to a non story is definitely the way to breath a second day into this nonsense. But you're not at all concerned, apparantly, with the WaPo making up quotes, timing the release of the story to draw the sharpest possible compaerison with His Snortness and all the rest. That's just part of the topography, not worthy of notice or comment. Just Romney's "lact of affect." Bleah.
                Non reaction? The man laughed as if it were funny. I'm sorry, but it's not funny.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  I think I was in Orono Junior High when a high school kid named Ed got his hair cut off, not because he was gay simply because he had long hair. This was years after Romney(at least I'm not commie) did his deed.
                  My only experience with a bully came as a freshman, when a sophomore on the track team climbed up in my face and pushed me after lunch period. I slammed him and his head into a locker, and he never said another word to me again. Naturally, a teacher saw only my reaction, and I nearly not into trouble but witnesses backed me up.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Non reaction? The man laughed as if it were funny. I'm sorry, but it's not funny.
                    Honest to Christo, it takes a special kind of partisanship to work yourself into a lather over something that happened nearly 50 years ago. You'd think we were talking about the Holocaust. It IS funny to be asked questions about high school in a presidential campaign.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 05-11-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Mondale, Dukakis, Dole and Gore all spent far more time on substantive issues than their opponents. Likeability is very important for the "casual voter." The only unlikeable candidate who has won in my lifetime was Nixon.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mondale, Dukakis, Dole and Gore all spent far more time on substantive issues than their opponents. They all lost. Likeability is very important for the "casual voter." The only unlikeable candidate who has won in our lifetime was Nixon.
                        No matter what you ask it, the 8-ball always says "yes." Providing you shake it first.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 05-11-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Honest to Christo, it takes a special kind of partisanship to work yourself into a lather over something that happened nearly 50 years ago. You'd think we were talking about the Holocaust. It IS funny to be asked questions about high school in a presidential campaign.
                          You certainly do have comprehension issues. The issue isn't what happened in High School. The issue is his reaction to it now.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You certainly do have comprehension issues. The issue isn't what happened in High School. The issue is his reaction to it now.
                            I comprehend that anything he said or did in reaction to those events 50 years ago would not have met with your approval. For once, why not just admit it and surprise us all.
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 05-11-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Mondale, Dukakis, Dole and Gore all spent far more time on substantive issues than their opponents. Likeability is very important for the "casual voter." The only unlikeable candidate who has won in my lifetime was Nixon.
                              And he was WAY more likeable in '68 than '60. And the MSM never tired of reminding us of the "new" Nixon. Turned out he wasn't all that new.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 05-11-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

What would have been funny is if Romney said he regretted not kicking the sh*t out of that little f*g. Now THAT would have been hilarious.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 05-11-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X