Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That's complete bull. Dubya swaggered-chimped his way through his tax cuts and his wars. The refrain was "elections have consequences." Dude peacocked as if he had rolled up Reagan's EVs.

    I don't know why, since I know you are no friend of him, but you're peddling pure revisionism.
    Plowing through unconstitutional Obummercare doesn't constitute a mandate. Right...

    Comment


    • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

      Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Sometime after his electoral disaster on November 6.
      What office is FreshFish running for?

      Comment


      • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

        Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        What office is FreshFish running for?
        I think Priceless was having a conversation with the voices in his head. He thinks I am a political partisan.

        While it is true I am quite concerned about Obama's totalitarian impulses, that by itself does not make me affirmatively back Republicans, yet that distinction continues to escape him.

        Most of my life I've been what once was called a centrist Democrat; however, with Joe Lieberman's retirement, since they have now all been expelled from the Democrat Party for heresy, that leaves me as an unaffiliated "independent" and he seems unable to accept that a person can criticize Obama without also necessarily being Republican.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

        "Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

        "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

        "People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

        Comment


        • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

          Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          I think Priceless was having a conversation with the voices in his head. He thinks I am a political partisan.

          While it is true I am quite concerned about Obama's totalitarian impulses, that by itself does not make me affirmatively back Republicans, yet that distinction continues to escape him.

          Most of my life I've been what once was called a centrist Democrat; however, with Joe Lieberman's retirement, since they have now all been expelled from the Democrat Party for heresy, that leaves me as an unaffiliated "independent" and he seems unable to accept that a person can criticize Obama without also necessarily being Republican.
          Yes, for some reason I refuse to believe that you are a "liberal" who is "trying to give Obama the benefit of the doubt" considering that every post from you is a criticism not only of Obama, but Democrats in general. Consider also that your "sources" tend to be sites which have a certain tilt to them. It strains belief that you are an unaffiliated independent - especially when just a few weeks ago you described yourself as a liberal...

          You are little more than a concern troll.

          Comment


          • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

            Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            for some reason I refuse to believe ....
            Right, and since you cannot imagine it being possible, it must be impossible.

            There are more things in heavan and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
            I suppose now you will insist I source that quote, too?
            Last edited by FreshFish; 06-07-2012, 02:14 PM.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

            "Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

            "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

            "People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

            Comment


            • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

              Nate Silver's first forecast up.

              He has Obama 291-247, with a 61.8 percent chance of winning in November.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

              Comment


              • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                I think Priceless was having a conversation with the voices in his head. He thinks I am a political partisan.

                While it is true I am quite concerned about Obama's totalitarian impulses, that by itself does not make me affirmatively back Republicans, yet that distinction continues to escape him.

                Most of my life I've been what once was called a centrist Democrat; however, with Joe Lieberman's retirement, since they have now all been expelled from the Democrat Party for heresy, that leaves me as an unaffiliated "independent" and he seems unable to accept that a person can criticize Obama without also necessarily being Republican.
                I guess that's why Winston Churchill believed that they have no brain. It's because they don't. There's no thinking about beliefs for themselves, but rather being told what to believe and it has to be the same as everyone else in the party. They teach by not teaching, but instead showing them how to be yes men (or yes women). The right thinks for themselves. Obviously in a "two party system" that can be our downfall, as we have neocons, paleocons, libertarians, social conservatives, and so many other sects.

                Comment


                • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                  Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Right, and since you cannot imagine it being possible, it must be impossible.
                  There are plenty of things I can't imagine being possible that are not impossible. Like the Pittsburgh Pirates winning the World Series in October. Of course it's possible...just as it's possible you could be more than a concern troll pretending to be an open-minded liberal (who is also independent) who always tries to give the benefit of the doubt to the president. I give the Pirates slightly better odds.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                    Former Obama SecDef Bob Gates offers some advice to leakers. And even though he was not referring to the current tidal wave of politically motivated leaks, designed to make His Magnificentness look like Hasso von Manteuffel, I'm sure he would include them, too. I wonder where his Nobel Peace Prize is when he's in the oval, deciding who to zotz.



                    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...-f_646731.html
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 06-07-2012, 06:55 PM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I guess that's why Winston Churchill believed that they have no brain. It's because they don't. There's no thinking about beliefs for themselves, but rather being told what to believe and it has to be the same as everyone else in the party. They teach by not teaching, but instead showing them how to be yes men (or yes women). The right thinks for themselves. Obviously in a "two party system" that can be our downfall, as we have neocons, paleocons, libertarians, social conservatives, and so many other sects.
                      You cant be serious right? Were you living on Newt's lunar base throughout the entirety of the 2000s when the right did nothing but groupthink? either you are braindead or you are just trolling like a lesser Old Pio

                      Both sides of the spectrum are braindead, anyone who tries to deny this should be Darwined out.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                        Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        You cant be serious right? Were you living on Newt's lunar base throughout the entirety of the 2000s when the right did nothing but groupthink? either you are braindead or you are just trolling like a lesser Old Pio

                        Both sides of the spectrum are braindead, anyone who tries to deny this should be Darwined out.
                        Shut up, he explained.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                          Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          There are plenty of things I can't imagine being possible that are not impossible. Like the Pittsburgh Pirates winning the World Series in October. Of course it's possible...just as it's possible you could be more than a concern troll pretending to be an open-minded liberal (who is also independent) who always tries to give the benefit of the doubt to the president. I give the Pirates slightly better odds.
                          HEY

                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                            Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I guess that's why Winston Churchill believed that they have no brain. It's because they don't. There's no thinking about beliefs for themselves, but rather being told what to believe and it has to be the same as everyone else in the party. They teach by not teaching, but instead showing them how to be yes men (or yes women). The right thinks for themselves. Obviously in a "two party system" that can be our downfall, as we have neocons, paleocons, libertarians, social conservatives, and so many other sects.
                            What's really funny is that I wouldn't be surprised if you actually believe this nonsense.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                              Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              ...it's possible you could be an open-minded liberal (who is also independent)

                              um, how would you describe a person who is inspired by Jefferson, Martin Luther King, Jr., and John Kennedy's rhetoric?

                              Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              ... who always tries to give the benefit of the doubt to the president.
                              Now that is a mischaracterization, you slander me sir!

                              I said that while initially I had hoped that Obama meant what he said, I soon discerned that he would say whatever he thought people wanted to hear. I do not trust him as a result, and am prone now to be suspicious of nearly everything he says he does, based solely upon empirical evidence when I compare what he said he would do to what he actually has done.

                              You ignore the evidence of your own senses; who knows why? It's not my position to speculate. Rather than evaluate what he says, you reflexively defend him even when he contradicts himself. I'm not willing to twist logic into pretzels to accomodate idolatry.

                              I distrust all career politicians of either party. I cannot be more clear when I say that I believe that a career politician -- any career politician -- can justify nearly anything in the name of getting re-elected. Some of them try to project a righteous persona because they calculate that will make them more appealing; some of them figure that, while a foolish consistency may be the hobgoblin of little minds, it makes it easy to do their job and makes them reliable and predictable. Whatever a career politician says or does is to advance him/herself in some way.

                              I do not "fault" them for that, because after all, that is human nature. Accepting and understanding human nature does not mean I will "approve" of what they do. I just say "be wary" whenever human beings are put in a position in which one group can tell another group what they "have" to do unless the latter group has recourse to protection and appeals.

                              A person who is against tyranny and centralized government control has been called a "liberal" since the days of the Declaration of Independence. If you think that "liberals" and "progressives" must automatically be allies in all situations, then I have news for you, while sometimes they have shared interest, more often they are at odds with each other.

                              You can see the seeds of this in high school: progressives are the ones that run for student council, liberals run the school newspaper.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

                              "Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

                              "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

                              "People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

                              Comment


                              • Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

                                Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                um, how would you describe a person who is inspired by Jefferson, Martin Luther King, Jr., and John Kennedy's rhetoric?
                                American

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X