• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreshFish
    replied
    Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The partisanship on all of these boards ensures that people who are truly open minded go elsewhere. We who remain have declared our allegiances. I don't know why FF feels he has to hide that he drinks the righty Kool Aid. Maybe he's embarrassed. But from his posts he's obvious.

The only frequent poster on these threads who might actually change his vote depending on the candidate may be Scooby, who seems to treat the entire thing as a battle royale between Cthulhu and Yog-Sothoth. Everybody else is obvious in their red or blue leotard.
    So impatience with stupidity and outrage over venality is now considered "partisan"? You have an "interesting" dictionary, my friend.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

The partisanship on all of these boards ensures that people who are truly open minded go elsewhere. We who remain have declared our allegiances. I don't know why FF feels he has to hide that he drinks the righty Kool Aid. Maybe he's embarrassed. But from his posts he's obvious.

The only frequent poster on these threads who might actually change his vote depending on the candidate may be Scooby, who seems to treat the entire thing as a battle royale between Cthulhu and Yog-Sothoth. Everybody else is obvious in their red or blue leotard.
    Love Lovecraft.

I can say for 100% certainty that I will be voting for someone different this year than I did in 2008..

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    You left out us Ron Paul whack jobs
    I was counting them as red, but I guess they get their own color. Whatever the von Mises Insitute's flag is, or the color of the inside of Murray Rothbard's rectum.

Aside: Murray Rothbard's Rectum is a good name for a band.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Hell, I'm pretty liberal at this point and voted for Abraham over Stabenow in '00, Fred Upton 2 of the last 3 times and Snyder in 2010.

I also vote for the Green Party, Communist party, Reform party and American Constitutional parties when I vote for trustees for Michigan, Michigan State and Wayne State.

*****http://25.media.tumblr.com/avatar_6feb8634e3d0_128.png******

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

. Everybody else is obvious in their red or blue leotard.
    You left out us Ron Paul whack jobs

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

had the exact opposite feeling than you Geezer. if I were betting I'd lay odds on Romney. disaster last two weeks for Obama. if Wisconsin and Michigan are truly "in play" states, electorally there is no way Obama wins. still early though. the Supremes health care ruling later this month will be big. and I'm getting the feeling even Dems aren't into Obama.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

"The fact that he keeps telling you he's not a pervert, means he's a pervert."

If I was a gambling man, I'd be putting money on Obama right now. For some reason confidence in his reelection has temporarily waned, to where he's about a 53% winner on Intrade. It's irrational pessimism, there's no way he loses come November.
    (You're welcome.)
    I will freely admit to being a Democratic, but not necessarily beyond 2012. The Republicans might field an actual conservative one day, then I'd have to switch again.

*likely due to a coincidence of items of bad news.
    Last edited by geezer; 06-08-2012, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Perhaps. I would have voted for Reagan in his 2nd term were I old enough (born in ’67), I've voted for a Bush, voted for Pawlenty once, voted for Coleman once, voted for Arne Carlson and I would have voted for McCain had he beat out Junior. I did vote for Obama last time, but and I am now considering a write-in. My posts may say otherwise at times - perhaps certain topics get my dander up more than others.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Unfaithful?
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!

Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

I found a table that shows what income tax rates are currently, and to what level they are scheduled to increase in 2013.

Income level:

Over $388,350: 35% / 39.6%

$217,450-388,350: 33% / 36%

$142,700-217,450: 28% / 31%

$70,700-142,700: 25% / 28%

$17,400-70,700: 15% / 15%

Dividends: 15% / 43.4%

Capital gains: 15% / 23.8%

Estate tax: 35% / 55%

Notice that, on a percentage bases, the increases are higher as you move down the scale until you get to the lowest bracket. Or to paraphrase, when the existing tax rate structure was implemented, the tax cuts favored middle income people over highest income people.
    Last edited by FreshFish; 06-08-2012, 06:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    You protest too much, sir
    yeah, in retrospect, any response to his baiting at all was "too much."

You do have to admit, though, he is a master baiter!

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    um, how would you describe a person who is inspired by Jefferson, Martin Luther King, Jr., and John Kennedy's rhetoric?
    I liked Reagan quite a bit. McCain too. Heck toss in Nixon before the fall. Doesn't make me a card carrying elephant. You protest too much, sir and your rhetoric gives you away regarding where you stay at night.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

um, how would you describe a person who is inspired by Jefferson, Martin Luther King, Jr., and John Kennedy's rhetoric?
    Unfaithful?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I distrust all career politicians of either party.
    And yet you only seem to post things critical of Democrats...guess there are no "career politicians" in the Republican party...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X