X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    THAT was a personal attack? Wow.
    Well, I would hope that mookie would know that I was kidding, especially given that someone should know better than to be serious like that when talking to him and the pictures he's put up of him and his family in the expose yourself threads.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I would rather have a teaching degree. Can't count all the people I have met who are absolutely brilliant in their field and can't communicate worth squat to adults never mind children. I wouldn't mind a Masters in whatever as long as they had some legit education in child development, learning styles, and most important of all- classroom management.
      If a teaching degree is so important, why allow the exception for a master's in the specific field (economics, in my friend's case)? Do they really think that someone with a master's in economics has that much better of a grasp of the concepts in a high school economics textbook than someone with an MBA?
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        I was wrong. Inner city schools are fine. And the test scores show it. Probably because they're using the Finnish model. While there are states that are undoubtedly not up to par, how does that change the reality in New York, Chicago, LA, Houston, Newark and "imported from" Detroit? And while you're at it, why not quantify "many" in reference to those states and let us know which states they are and give some comparative data to show they're doing a worse job than, say, Chicago Public Schools.
        You mean like you've linked to econometric studies showing that inner-city school performance is driven primarily by ethnicity, controlling for income, single parents, teacher quality, and everything else?

You know what you can do with your snarky suggestions of racism, right?
        Back off and let your words speak for themselves? Be more explicit? Acknowledge that it's a generational thing that will only pass with time? What?

Why don't you figure out whichever would most effectively make you feel like a victim, and then just pretend that I did it and post your response. I don't have the patience to play slappyfest with you.
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
          You mean like you've linked to econometric studies showing that inner-city school performance is driven primarily by ethnicity, controlling for income, single parents, teacher quality, and everything else?

Back off and let your words speak for themselves? Be more explicit? Acknowledge that it's a generational thing that will only pass with time? What?

Why don't you figure out whichever would most effectively make you feel like a victim, and then just pretend that I did it and post your response. I don't have the patience to play slappyfest with you.
          Nor I. If you *******s weren't able to impute racism to anyone who disagrees with you about anything, you'd be rendered mute.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

And if you fascist right wing pigs could stop being racists, us *******s would come up with something new. But why change when it's fact

You should probably head outside for a while and make sure your local cops are stopping all the dark skinned people and asking for papers.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              And if you fascist right wing pigs could stop being racists, us *******s would come up with something new. But why change when it's fact

You should probably head outside for a while and make sure your local cops are stopping all the dark skinned people and asking for papers.
              Is this what passes for ******* "thought" these days? Pity.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Why wait for the cops? Just shoot the darkies and say you were "standing your ground."

Comment

Why wait for the cops? Just shoot the darkies and say you were "standing your ground."
                  I suppose one by one all the ladies in the chorale are going to jump in here, to show the rest of us how "thoughtful" they are.

Comment

When the lot of you are done snarling at each other, can one of you come out and let the rest of us know it's ok to come in?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Donald Trump for Romney:

Conservatives are starting to question the Romney campaign’s association with Donald Trump, the reality TV star who in recent days has ramped up his claims that President Obama was born in Kenya. Mitt Romney is holding a fundraiser with Trump next month, and his advisers have defended the event by insisting that “a candidate can’t be responsible for everything that their supporters say.” They insist that the former Massachusetts governor “accepts the fact that [Obama] was born in Hawaii.”

But the campaign’s wink and nod to the birther crowd is unmistakable and this morning, during an appearance on ABC’s This Week, columnist George Will slammed Romney for sharing a stage with the self-promoting businessman. Describing Trump as a ”bloviating ignoramus,” Will said, “I do not understand the cost benefit here. The costs are clear. The benefit — what voter is gonna vote for him [Romney] because he is seen with Donald Trump? The cost of appearing with this bloviating ignoramus is obvious it seems to me”:

WILL: Donald Trump is redundant evidence that if your net worth is high enough, your IQ can be very low and you can still intrude into American politics. Again, I don’t understand the benefit. What is Romney seeking?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        When the lot of you are done snarling at each other, can one of you come out and let the rest of us know it's ok to come in?
                        Check back November 7.

Comment

Donald Trump for Romney:

Will is right. Trump is a clown. But didn't His Oneness fob himself off as having been born in Kenya? Maybe he's only 1/32 Kenyan.

Are the first two graphs of your post a quote from somewhere? Because if they are they're unattributed, as is customary with you. You really ought to cut that sh*t out.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 05-27-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Look for the white smoke.

Comment

Check back November 7.
                              Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              Look for the white smoke.
                              haha
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Donald Trump for Romney:
                                I wonder if we'll finally hear about all the interesting stuff Donald was finding out that for some reason went away when Obama came out with his birth certificate.

Comment

Working...
                                X