This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

If we can head back to the res for a while, even the Boston Globe is getting in on the fun. At some point, even Bay State moonbats will hold this nonsense against Fauxcahontas.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/25/do...r-as-minority/

I've been craving some of that yummy, authentic Cherokee crab and mayo all week.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 05-25-2012, 08:35 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
      This is definitely an issue. In fact, availability of people who are both able and willing to be teachers is a huge problem in several subject areas, especially in areas with a lot of non-English speakers. (I wonder how many people in the the NJ private school spoke Tagalog? )
      The "problem" is that bi-lingual education is a scam and a racket, that does very little to help non English speakers assimilate or get an education. Other than that, it works fine. Educational training wheels. It's been my understanding that the fad has largely subsided. True?
      Last edited by Old Pio; 05-25-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        The "problem" is that bi-lingual education is a scam and a racket, that does very little to help non English speakers assimilate or get an education. Other than that, it works fine. Educational training wheels. It's been my understanding that the fad has largely subsided. True?
        Depends where you are.Overall, I would say so.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
          Depends where you are.Overall, I would say so.
          I'm sure there are some situations where bi-lingual instruction is appropriate and helpful. But in the old days I read about seniors in hs getting bi-lingual instruction. While I'm no educational genius, it seems to me if you're still teaching kids in 12th grade in another language, it ain't working. Oh well, that's yesterday's controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            The diversity in that group is stunning.
            There is diversity. They all have different ties. And another odd thing- they are mostly slender -way different from today's class pictures.

Comment

who gives a chit?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                who gives a chit?
                Just because you live in your lily white world with no experience to outside cultures doesn't mean you should bring your hate mongering here. You wouldn't know what to do with a person of color should you ever come across one. Stop being so ethnocentric.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yup, no doubt about it, Finland's the way to go. I am interested in your view that our multi ethnic, multi cultural society is a "red herring." Nothing to see here, move along. "Contaminaton" is the word you use to avoid considering the point I raised. It's not a word I'd use or suggest in that context. But you knock yourself out with your reflexive libby name calling.
                  I'm honored; avoiding consideration of others' points is your forte.

I never caught your response to the fact that there are many states that are failing, despite not having any real ethnic diversity "problems." It's not just the non-natives who aren't doing well. It's a common fallacy, but it's wrong. By and large, the little whities isn't learning, either.

Moreover, you act as though diversity is something that disappears after secondary school. Doesn't it also mean that we have a more diverse group of people who might be qualified to work in education? If this country is uniquely challenged, we're also the most uniquely suited for responding to that challenge. Unless you believe that diversity is code for "inherently inferior," in which case it's a social bad in every way. That's not what you seem to be saying, though.

The one source of diversity that you've assiduously avoided is economic. And I can see why. That's where the biggest differences are. And it goes some way toward explaining subpar outcomes even in areas lacking multicultural challenges.

So what's the solution? I'm not suggesting that the U.S. go communist (though don't let that stop you from making the inference. ) But there are still a wide range of ways between the status quo and, say, Finland to do a better job of offering equal opportunity in education?

You seem to think this is a libbie rant. Are you proud that graduate education in this country requires de facto affirmative action to maintain current enrollment levels of U.S. citizens?
                  Last edited by amherstblackbear; 05-26-2012, 08:15 AM.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

If we can head back to the res for a while, even the Boston Globe is getting in on the fun. At some point, even Bay State moonbats will hold this nonsense against Fauxcahontas.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/25/do...r-as-minority/

I've been craving some of that yummy, authentic Cherokee crab and mayo all week.
                    When the Boston Globe is starting to jump on the "tenured Tonto" story, their is something going on.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Just because you live in your lily white world with no experience to outside cultures doesn't mean you should bring your hate mongering here. You wouldn't know what to do with a person of color should you ever come across one. Stop being so ethnocentric.
                      *sigh*. Good to read hateful personal attacks come from lefties as well as David dukes of the nation. "loud noises!! I don't know what I'm talking about so I'll call you names!! Arrergggghhhh"

Comment

*sigh*. Good to read hateful personal attacks come from lefties as well as David dukes of the nation. "loud noises!! I don't know what I'm talking about so I'll call you names!! Arrergggghhhh"
                        THAT was a personal attack? Wow.

Comment

THAT was a personal attack? Wow.
                          which 'you' was being referred to those six times?

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                            I'm honored; avoiding consideration of others' points is your forte.

I never caught your response to the fact that there are many states that are failing, despite not having any real ethnic diversity "problems." It's not just the non-natives who aren't doing well. It's a common fallacy, but it's wrong. By and large, the little whities isn't learning, either.

Moreover, you act as though diversity is something that disappears after secondary school. Doesn't it also mean that we have a more diverse group of people who might be qualified to work in education? If this country is uniquely challenged, we're also the most uniquely suited for responding to that challenge. Unless you believe that diversity is code for "inherently inferior," in which case it's a social bad in every way. That's not what you seem to be saying, though.

The one source of diversity that you've assiduously avoided is economic. And I can see why. That's where the biggest differences are. And it goes some way toward explaining subpar outcomes even in areas lacking multicultural challenges.

So what's the solution? I'm not suggesting that the U.S. go communist (though don't let that stop you from making the inference. ) But there are still a wide range of ways between the status quo and, say, Finland to do a better job of offering equal opportunity in education?

You seem to think this is a libbie rant. Are you proud that graduate education in this country requires de facto affirmative action to maintain current enrollment levels of U.S. citizens?
                            I was wrong. Inner city schools are fine. And the test scores show it. Probably because they're using the Finnish model. While there are states that are undoubtedly not up to par, how does that change the reality in New York, Chicago, LA, Houston, Newark and "imported from" Detroit? And while you're at it, why not quantify "many" in reference to those states and let us know which states they are and give some comparative data to show they're doing a worse job than, say, Chicago Public Schools.

You know what you can do with your snarky suggestions of racism, right?
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 05-26-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

which 'you' was being referred to those six times?
                              Usually a "personal attack" is more on the lines of "Your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries."

Comment

Just remember, "diversity" is good. . .except for diversity of thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X