X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elections 2012: You must choose the lesser of two weevils

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    And I don't think he would deny any of that for a second. His contention is that this is one teacher being an idiot by herself, and therefore we should not paint every single teacher out there with a broad brush, similar to how one preacher being an idiot should not paint all preachers with a broad brush. It has nothing to do with who's being paid by whom or what attendance policies are, it has to do with calling our idiots for being idiots without blowing things into some large scale accusation.
    I like large scale accusations; they get everyone into a tizzy.

Really, the funniest part about this is that the woman is a social studies teacher and she's making up junk, pulling it directly from her posterior, just trying to gull and persuade these kids to be nice to Pres. Obama. And she's presenting it all as pure fact. She's a teacher - she's a teacher making a great case for school choice without meaning to do it.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Kepler does not prefer that I actually annotate his posts. This was sarcasm in reference to other posters' occasional habit of misunderstanding the point he was trying get across, and how additional clarification may help him better convey his message.
      Perhaps he should start issuing them on stone tablets.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        This is no place for thoughtfulness, reflection or reason.
        All the ladies in the chorale come running to defend poor misunderstood little Kepler.

Comment

Kepler does not prefer that I actually annotate his posts. This was sarcasm in reference to other posters' occasional habit of misunderstanding the point he was trying get across, and how additional clarification may help him better convey his message.
          Clearly there can be no problem in understanding the great man's excretions. The fault, dear Brutus, lies with "other posters."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Really, the funniest part about this is that the woman is a social studies teacher and she's making up junk, pulling it directly from her posterior, just trying to gull and persuade these kids to be nice to Pres. Obama. And she's presenting it all as pure fact. She's a teacher - she's a teacher making a great case for school choice without meaning to do it.
            Because teachers at private or religious schools never make stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              Hmm... total speculation....perhaps the reason a copy of BHO's college records cannot be found anywhere resides in his having applied as a Kenyan transfer student and not as a US citizen?
              Jebus, I'd never thought of that. Regardless, it seems a fair question to ask: what's he hiding?

Comment

And that unprovable suggestion lets this b*tch off the hook how?

Comment

A lot of people are fine with lying as long as it forwards their agendas.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

If a parent finds a teacher acting like that at a private school, that parent can remove the child to another school, removing funding from that school should they not react in a manner the parent finds satisfactory. It also helps that a private school has much greater latitude in dismissing that teacher.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

You'd expect the editors of NRO to be tough on Fauxcahontas. And they don't disappoint.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...leface-editors

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        On this particular issue that you raise, I would say that there is some advantage to being a well qualified minority candidate as I can easily see it being a deciding factor in a hiring decision whether you're trying to reach an arbitrary quota or you just want people from several different backgrounds working for you.

Where I've repeatedly come down on this for Warren is that just looking at the woman during the job interview will tell you that she's not going to do you any good with the PC police when they come checking up on your school so why hire her under the guise of Affirmative Action? Perception is 9/10ths reality as the saying goes, and I don't care what ratios you publish if your "minority" faculty all looks like her there's no way you'll be able to get away with that before somebody blows the whistle on you. Worse you'd be constantly in danger of taking flak from both the right and the left thus leaving the school with no defenders.
                        "No way. . .to get away with that?" Really? They got away with it for over a decade.

Comment

It also helps that a private school has much greater latitude in dismissing that teacher.
                          This is true. When I was in high school, I recall at least two teachers who were fired after parental complaints regarding competency of instruction. Additionally, the dean of academics would regularly pop in to classes unannounced, sit in the back, and observe.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            This is true. When I was in high school, I recall at least two teachers who were fired after parental complaints regarding competency of instruction. Additionally, the dean of academics would regularly pop in to classes unannounced, sit in the back, and observe.
                            When I was a kid (and presumably today) many non-Catholic parents in Chicagoland sent their kids to parochial schools knowing the kids would get a better quality of instruction and that they would be seen as something more than just sheep to provide the annual allotment of wool. On our block several families shared a lovely, hard working African American woman who did weekly house keeping and occasional baby sitting and other duties. We all loved her. And my parents and all the people she worked for established a fund to enable her to send her kids to Catholic schools. I realize that sounds hopelessly outdated today. And some would call it racist. But it isn't and it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              On our block several families shared a lovely, hard working African American woman. We all loved her. I realize that sounds hopelessly outdated today. And some would call it racist. But it isn't and it wasn't.
                              Racist.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I think that rather than this being an argument for private education, it should be a goal to start enforcing these policies in public schools. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that these kinds of policies already exist in most school districts, which means that failure to follow them has nothing to do with unions. And if you used these policies to document shortcomings, districts could opt not to offer new contracts to teachers and there would be nothing the unions could do. In districts that do enforce these policies, that's typically how it works.

And I'm going to let you in on a little secret about private education: there is one big difference between private and public schools that account for a tremendous amount of the difference in performance. Parent involvement. I don't mean helicopter parents, just parents who give a crap. At any school where most students go home to a household that cares about their education, that school will always perform well. When you have a school where half or more of the students go home to households that don't care, that school will not perform well.

Comment

Working...
                                X