X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Part II: Boogalooing all the way to the Cup

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Which comment makes more sense to be the anti-jmh: That the refs purposefully missed that closed hand call on Del Zotto and they clearly are out to get the Devils because the Rangers are a bunch of bums that are only here because the NHL "wants" them to win, or that this has been a finely called game by unbiased refs that accurately reflects how the game was played?
    Or: the refs are unbiased but incompetent to have missed such a blatant penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
      I thought Del Zotto probably got away with one there. Overall it was a really well-called game though.

Question for those who know more about the cap and are more informed about how cap-related issues typically play out than I do: is it feasible to keep the young (or at least young-ish) defensive core of Lundqvist (30), Girardi (28), Staal (25), McDonagh (22) and Del Zotto (21) together for an extended period of time? Staal, Girardi and Lundqvist are all signed to long-ish term deals (Staal until 2015, Girardi and Lundqvist until 2014), but Del Zotto is an RFA this summer (as are Anton Stralman and Stu Bickel, and I figure they'll want to keep at least one of them), and McDonagh will be next summer (as will Michael Sauer).
      According to NHLnumbers, the Rangers are 3 million under the cap right now. Del Zotto and McDonagh will probably both try and command around 4 million when they come up for free agency.

Fedetenko, Mitchell and Prust are all UFA's and Zuccarello is an RFA for forwards.

On defense, Woywitka, Eminger, Stralman, Bickel and Scott are all free agents with Bickel and Stralman as RFAs.

I'd say Eminger at 0.8 and Woywitka at 0.65 are probably out of here.

The Rangers have a little money to play with so I guess in short, yes, the Rangers do have the feasibility to lock up most if not all of those players for the long haul. Just won't be able to make any significant offensive improvements.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Very surprised to see Phoenix only has one American on its roster. Another reason to continue to cheer for the Kings.

Comment

Good thing Phoenix isn't the Rangers after that very questionable penalty on Doan.

Comment

That Jeff Carter trade has made a ton of difference.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
              Good thing Phoenix isn't the Rangers after that very questionable penalty on Doan.
              blah blah blah blah blah.

Refs were in a terrible situation there and like the commentators said, Lewis turned his back at the last second, (and like Keith Jones just said, it's tough for him to stop his momentum), but once he got up and his face was busted open, I don't know that they had much alternative.

I'm glad I'm not a Coyotes fan though because they're toast. The Kings are going to win the Cup.

And man, what a slash by Smith on Brown. I can't even disagree with Milbury here and he's literally always wrong.
              Last edited by jmh; 05-15-2012, 09:53 PM.
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

blah blah blah blah blah.

Refs were in a terrible situation there and like the commentators said, Lewis turned his back at the last second, (and like Keith Jones just said, it's tough for him to stop his momentum), but once he got up and his face was busted open, I don't know that they had much alternative.

I'm glad I'm not a Coyotes fan though because they're toast. The Kings are going to win the Cup.

And man, what a slash by Smith on Brown. I can't even disagree with Milbury here and he's literally always wrong.
                Oh I agree fully about the call. However, having reffed in the past, one of the most difficult situations is immediately after your hand goes up. So many things to pay attention to all at once so I understand the call.

Comment

Lewis turned his back at the last second
                  To be fair, he was turning to play the puck up the ice. It's not like he purposefully turned to get drilled in the back.
                  Old Monster Records

Comment

.....and here we go.

No surprise.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Part II: Boogalooing all the way to the Cup

That effort by Phoenix was Coyote Ugly.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        That effort by Phoenix was Coyote Ugly.
                        So you're saying the hot chicks sitting behind Dave Tippett will be dancing on the bar with more revealing clothing than what they have on now?

Comment

Another reason to continue to cheer for the Kings.
                          That and they are just absolutely killing it right now. Have been the whole playoffs.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

So you're saying the hot chicks sitting behind Dave Tippett will be dancing on the bar with more revealing clothing than what they have on now?
                            TPIWWP. Just sayin'.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I should've said without the hot chicks. Good catch.

Comment

The Kings play such a fun style of hockey to watch.
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X