This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Part II: Boogalooing all the way to the Cup

So, Marty Brodeur has hired himself an agent this time around (unlike his last couple of contracts) and if he doesn't have a deal by Sunday, fully intends to test the free agent market.

Edit: New Jersey has to forfeit a 1st rounder by 2014, and kept this year's 29th pick. Did Lou walk off the job after the finals and no one's running the store?
    Last edited by bronconick; 06-29-2012, 11:10 AM.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
      The AHL Board of Governors meeting concluded yesterday, approving conference realignment and several rule changes. Perhaps the most notable is that the league will test out hybrid icing at the request of the NHL, using it until November 19th when the Board will determine whether or not to continue its use.
      Nope, that wasn't the most notable. The ECHL already has the international no-touch icing, and the AHL has always been an experimental playground for shi**y NHL rules (1/2 penalties in OT? (1 minute minors, 2.5 minute majors)).

What was most notable, is that the AHL finally rounded up enough black and white security cameras and obsolete VHS or Betamax tape decks and is finally implementing goal review!

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      So, Marty Brodeur has hired himself an agent this time around (unlike his last couple of contracts) and if he doesn't have a deal by Sunday, fully intends to test the free agent market.
      Wait, what?!? When I read his book, he took pride in the fact that he negotiated his own contracts, and was able to keep the percentage that an agent normally gets (or to stay with the Devils, was able to take a lesser contract yet get paid the same as he would have with an agent).

What a strange turn of events from someone who they figured would be a lifelong Devil. Jeez.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Nope, that wasn't the most notable. The ECHL already has the international no-touch icing, and the AHL has always been an experimental playground for shi**y NHL rules (1/2 penalties in OT? (1 minute minors, 2.5 minute majors)).

What was most notable, is that the AHL finally rounded up enough black and white security cameras and obsolete VHS or Betamax tape decks and is finally implementing goal review!

Wait, what?!? When I read his book, he took pride in the fact that he negotiated his own contracts, and was able to keep the percentage that an agent normally gets (or to stay with the Devils, was able to take a lesser contract yet get paid the same as he would have with an agent).

What a strange turn of events from someone who they figured would be a lifelong Devil. Jeez.
        It's the sort of move where you wonder how farked NJ is on their ownership/bankruptcy situation.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

When you consider that much of the NCAA has video review, the fact that the AHL is just now getting around to it is pretty embarassing.

Comment

From Bob McKenzie: Canadiens signs Travis Moen 4 years / 1.8 avg
            Last edited by SteveP; 06-29-2012, 04:49 PM.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Justin Schultz signs with Edmonton.

Comment

First Versteeg, now Armstrong.

Colby Armstrong had two seasons with the Toronto Maple Leafs he'd just as soon forget. The veteran forward won't get a chance to make amends in the third one.

The Leafs placed Armstrong on unconditional waivers Saturday with the intention of buying out the final year of his contract.
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

As usual the Wild are nothing more than bystanders (although to be fair it appears they made a legitimate offer to Schultz).

Comment

http://www.dirtydangle.com/2012/06/2...-drinking.html

Free agency drinking game. Have someone sober nearby to drive you to the hospital around 3pm eastern.

Comment

As it stands right now, the Bruins have a full roster and $277,857 to spend until they hit the cap. So of course NESN is doing a full hour of programming at 2PM to highlight any moves the Bruins make... I suppose it's better than another hour of fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        As it stands right now, the Bruins have a full roster and $277,857 to spend until they hit the cap. So of course NESN is doing a full hour of programming at 2PM to highlight any moves the Bruins make... I suppose it's better than another hour of fishing...
                        What happened to the Bruins being players for Parise and a possible trade for Kane?

Or was all that pending unloading Thomas and some others?
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

You can watch TSN's Free Agent Frenzy show here... http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=616&id=183189

Rumors of the Hawks being heavily interested in Brodeur.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            What happened to the Bruins being players for Parise and a possible trade for Kane?

Or was all that pending unloading Thomas and some others?
                            They've still got Savard's contract ($4M+) which they can dump at any time (but have chosen not to) and they can unload TT30's $5M to Phoenix to help them get to the salary floor. They also chose to give the 3rd and 4th liners generous contracts instead of playing hardball. Hopefully going with depth will prove a winning move vs making a play at Parise or other free agents. It could backfire and all the muckers could get satisfied with their massive paydays and stop doing the little things the team needs to win another Cup.

There's also the salary structure on the team. Chara is the highest paid player ($7M) and some top line players resigned with the team rather than testing the free agent waters because they bought into the whole team concept. Bringing in a high-priced free agent shatters that all to hell and the B's go from having an outstanding locker room to having a bunch of disgruntled players. There was a lot of chatter about Parise, but Chiarelli chose to go in a different direction.

Comment

Gust-sieve-son?! $1.5 mil per? What the **** Holland?!?!

Comment

Whitney to the Stars - 2y 9M

Comment

Working...
                                X