Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feliz Cinco de Mayo

And have a shot of Tequila.

(stunned that nobody has posted an excuse for a shot).

This being well after you have the Burbon for the Derby earlier today....

Re: Feliz Cinco de Mayo

I'm very hesitant around tequila. It tastes good, but it's the worst hangover headache EVER, even when it's the $60, 100% agave tequila. Gin and Jager just pale in comparison.

Comment

I prefer Rob DiMaio
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I'm very hesitant around tequila. It tastes good, but it's the worst hangover headache EVER, even when it's the $60, 100% agave tequila. Gin and Jager just pale in comparison.
        We found out the very plensant way that both Mrs Alfa and I do Rum incredibly well. We went to the Puerto Rican Rum festival, and drank a LOT over 2 nights- no ill effects.

It also helps that we managed to find a nice tequila in Mexico.

As for Burbon- Eagle Creek.

Comment

Watching the undercard of Cotto/Mayweather, hoping Cotto pounds the **** out of him. Not likely to happen, though. Mosely doesn't look like he's gonna make it to the end of round 12 here.

Keg beer gives me the headaches these days, although I've never been a fan of tequila.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Watching the undercard of Cotto/Mayweather, hoping Cotto pounds the **** out of him. Not likely to happen, though. Mosely doesn't look like he's gonna make it to the end of round 12 here.

Keg beer gives me the headaches these days, although I've never been a fan of tequila.
            That was a pretty entertaining fight between Alvarez and Mosley. Impressive that Mosley looked so spry up until the end. Almost looked like Alvarez didn't want to hurt Mosley too much and would pull back in a lot of rounds.
            Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              We found out the very plensant way that both Mrs Alfa and I do Rum incredibly well. We went to the Puerto Rican Rum festival, and drank a LOT over 2 nights- no ill effects.

Eagle Creek?! That is some of the most plain bourbon I've had. Nothing special about it. I was severely disappointed in it.

Had a mint julep today (Maker's was the bourbon).
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Eagle Creek?! That is some of the most plain bourbon I've had. Nothing special about it. I was severely disappointed in it.

Had a mint julep today (Maker's was the bourbon).
                It all depends on what you are looking for. I'm not a fan of rye, since it's a little so spicy for me, and Eagle Creek is nice and smooth with good flavor from the oak. And it's not bitter to me.

My preference is to drink stuff that I can drink neat.

Comment

I am now rooting for Manny Pacquiao. Anyone who aligns himself with Justin Beiber deserves to get knocked out.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Tomato, potato....

Eagle Rare, 10 year old, single barrel is what we have. No idea how I got that so wrong.

I want to get a bottle of Buffalo Trace and a bottle of Weller Antique 107- they were the other two that we had at a tasting this past week that we thought was outstanding. So happy Derby afterday.

Comment

Working...
                    X