This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

Son of a *****. That one might cost us a run.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sure enough. Dammit.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Another one.

God, that was fun...

Comment

If Delmon hadn't tried to steal we'd have the lead by now.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rod was right. That was a half-assed effort out of Martin at the plate.

God, that was fun...

Comment

6-2. I am impressed.

And that's the end of Nova.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Holy crap. Marlboro Jimmy made a defensive switch that actually made sense.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Almost had a homer light there. Cabrera came up about 3 feet short, and he didn't get close to getting all of that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Holy cow, that pitch was in the RH batter's box. We stole a strike there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Justin Verlander. 8 innings. 133 pitches. 14 K's

Verlander gonna Verlander.

God, that was fun...

Comment

He did pretty much have his last start off. Only 5 innings.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

He put Ichiro's jock on his forehead with that off-speed pitch.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

7-2 final.

Wow.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Henning wrote a "woe is us" schedule piece. No reasoning behind his summation that the Tigers have a slightly harder schedule than the Sox.

In general, the Sox play one more game (54) to the Tiger's 53 remaining. The Tigers can take advantage of the 2 game edge (more after this week) in intra-division games left (32 to Chicago's 30) providing that the Tigers keep winning outside the division and not choke up against the Royals (10) Twins (9) or Indians (6). Both teams play each other 7 more times, with 4 in Chicago. The Sox play the Twins (6) Royals (11) and Indians (6). Chicago has to hit a spot where they lose a couple in a row, too.

The intrigueing inter-divisional games have the Tigers with 21 remaining: 6-Angels, 3-Yanks, 3-Orioles, 3-Jays, 3-A's, 3- Rangers. No, it isn't "easy", but Chicago still has to play LA-3, Yanks-3, Orioles-4, Bluejays-4, A's-3, Mariners-3 and Rays-4. It's isn't any better... plus, neither team has an imbalanced home schedule left. Pretty much half the schedule is home and away. If any one thinks playing the Mariners is easy... the Tigers finished 1-5 this season against them and have a losing record the last four years against Seattle.

I think it will take 90 wins+ to win the division. Both teams have the capability of winning at least 30 of their final games.

edit: I looked at common opponent records for both teams against the teams left on their schedule.

The Tigers are 19-22 with 21 games left against the 8 common opponents. They are done with Seattle and Tampa, going 6-7 against them.
                              Chicago is 24-16 with 24 games left, and are done with Texas, going 6-3. They handled Seattle, going 5-1 so far and have 3 more left at home. They also swept Tampa on the road with 4 left at home. Conversely, they are a combined 10-12 against LA, Oakland, NYY, Baltimore and Toronto with 17 games against those teams-11 on the road. I'd say it is a toss up as to who has a tougher schedule, witht he only difference being the Tigers playing LA 6 times versus the Sox playing the Mariners 3 times. The other match-ups are a wash, unless Tampa folds up against them again.
                              Last edited by streaker; 08-07-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The Tigers primarily need to take care of business vs. crappy teams.

They have the highest winning pct. and 2nd most wins behind the Yankees (40-34 to 36-29) against teams that are .500 or better.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X