This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

A Jackson bomb, a Berry double....and then nothing. That better not be the way things go tonight.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Single runs in the 1st do not bode well for us in general.
      Hope that doesn't hold tonight, but that's the way it stayed just 1 run in the first.

I cannot believe they (Cabrera, Fielder & Young) wasted Q's 2 bagger.
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

And then Scherzer promptly gives it right back.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Why do I have the feeling that we've already lost?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Why do I have the feeling that we've already lost?
            You can always watch the Olympics and come back to this game later.

That's probably what I'll do.

It's only the end of the 1st after all.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

It's too nice out. I may go for a long walk.

The regulars know where the toys are at.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Six pitches, 1 - 2 - 3 out. Way to work the pitcher.

Comment

Infante hits a triple to lead off the 3rd inning. Let's see if they can get him in!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                    Infante hits a triple to lead off the 3rd inning. Let's see if they can get him in!?!?
                    Cabrera drives him in...

2 - 2

One out, Cabrera on 1st, Jackson on 2nd.

Comment

Delmon grounds into a double play with the bases loaded to end the inning.

All that work for one run.

Comment

Game one vs the BoSox. Tigers get a lead off triple, 2 walks, and a single but only score one run. That kind of crap just drives my blood pressure through the roof. They had a similar inning like that vs the Blue Jays. 3 walks to load the bases, no one out. A sac fly scored the runner on third. Then a single to load the bases again. Double play, one stink'in run.
                        No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yep. Sends me through the roof, too.

That Dunning Subaru commercial is right up there with the Little Caesar's commercials in terms of stupidity.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Great game so far. I haven't followed the pitch count but I think the tigers BP is better by quite a bit if it gets late tied.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It was a great game until that happened...

God, that was fun...

Comment

We're talking about pitching around Pedroia to get to Gonzalez. Good grief, did we go drinking with Harry Caray before the game?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X