This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

Okay, sometime this weekend we've got to see what happens when Cabrera gets a hold of Chapman's heater.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Did Matt Young move in with Ryan Raburn before he got called up to Detroit?

God, that was fun...

Comment

So...How does this one turn into a loss?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Uh-oh....Looks like this is it.

God, that was fun...

Comment

A safety squeeze to end it. That's new.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Peralta on paternity leave. Some Perez dude from Lakeland being called up because he's on the 40-man and they don't want to waive anyone.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Hernan Perez. A 21-year old prospect in high-A ball, but a prospect nonetheless.

More in a minute.

EDIT: Okay. Hernan Perez has played mostly 2B this season after being a shortstop for the most part in the minors. Doesn't appear to have much of a bat, as he hasn't hit .270 in a season yet. Not much OBP, either, and he's a bit of a windmill.

See for yourself. Meet Hernan Perez

In Lynn Henning's weekly slurping of our farm system, Toby Harrah (minor league roving hitting instructor) said this:

Hernan Perez, second base, Lakeland: "I would look at him as maybe a year and-a-half to two years from playing every day in the big leagues. He can do a little bit of everything and would be playing shortstop if it weren't for (Dixon) Machado. Has a little problem with balls on the outside of the plate."
                I would expect to see Santiago and Worth deal with the middle infield the remainder of the weekend.
                Last edited by Hammer; 06-09-2012, 10:41 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

So he'll be pinch hitting with two outs and the go ahead run in scoring position?
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Probably. Or Leyland will bring him out of the bullpen as the 4th pitcher to appear in the 8th inning of a 9-4 game.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Oh. Remember Cale Iorg? He's 26 and after being in Toledo last year (and hitting .208), he's back in high-A Lakeland.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                        And now, live from Cincinnati, Jimmy and the Smokes:

jim_leyland_says_if_it_wasnt_for_baseball_he_might _have_pursued_a_singing_career

Uhhh...sure...OK...
                        Now just how good can that voice sound after all those cartons of Pall Malls over the years?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Jackson activated also. One more move to come.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            Jackson activated also. One more move to come.
                            Ortega optioned to Toledo.

Comment

2-2 after 5.

Verlander at 112 pitches. The Reds have fouled off 32.

Arroyo? 57. Man, McClendon's one hell of a hitting coach and instills a lot of patience into this lineup.

Comment

I was listening as I was driving home from Ann Arbor. Of all those 32 foul balls Verlander gave up, 24 of them were with 2 strikes, according to Jim Price. That's crazy.

Why does it feel like we're down 5-2?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X