This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

Knowing their skill with drafting anything other than pitching, 3 probably play slow pitch softball.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

29 pitches thrown by Valverde. 29 fastballs. 13 strikes.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Santiago to PH. Our bench is now empty.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Santiago to PH. Our bench is now empty.
          And they walk him to get to the Seawolf.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Okay. Kelly is out of the game. If it goes to the 10th, who goes to LF? We've got Santiago, Worth and Peralta in the game, and Kelly is out, with Dirks unavailable.

EDIT: Never mind.

God, that was fun...

Comment

funny pictures

4-3 final.

That's a bizarre way to win a game.

Valverde vultured a win there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I think my remote nearly broke flipping between the Tigers and Stanley Cup.

I can't get mad at Santos. Frankly, I don't think he even knows why he's here. It was such a random move and it's pure luck he's playing now unless Dombrowski can see into the future, in which case he is not using that power correctly. Should he have caught that ball? Yes. As far as getting stolen on, I'm not sure about the 8th inning one, but for the double steal in the 9th I put much more blame on the seasoned veteran still being unable to look back the runner than blame the AAA catcher for being late on the throw.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  I think my remote nearly broke flipping between the Tigers and Stanley Cup.

I can't get mad at Santos. Frankly, I don't think he even knows why he's here. It was such a random move and it's pure luck he's playing now unless Dombrowski can see into the future, in which case he is not using that power correctly. Should he have caught that ball? Yes. As far as getting stolen on, I'm not sure about the 8th inning one, but for the double steal in the 9th I put much more blame on the seasoned veteran still being unable to look back the runner than blame the AAA catcher for being late on the throw.
                  totally agree the base was stolen before the ball crossed home plate. he might as well not even have thrown it, having said that it was a nice win.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Dirks to the DL, Matt Young is up.

EDIT: Daniel Schlereth has been moved to the 60-day DL to make room for Young.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 06-03-2012, 10:56 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      it was a nice win.
                      Yes, any win is nice, but watching Valverde was not very nice or pretty (as Hammer said, "Valverde vultured a win there.")

I was afraid the Tigers were going to waste almost 900 ft of Cabrera home run power in the top of the ninth with Valverde's performance.

Fortunately, Boesch, Peralta. Santiago, and Santos pulled it off to win the game.
                      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Watching the Magglio retirement. Wow. Ilitch looks every bit of 83 years old.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well. That didn't take long.

God, that was fun...

Comment

***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
                            FIELDER!!!

3-1 Yanks, bottom 4

God, that was fun...

Comment

Just tuned in. Glad I wasn't watching this game.

It's a beautiful blue sky day here in West Michigan; best to be outside enjoying the day rather than watching the Tigers' 2 hit effort.
                              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Watching the Magglio retirement. Wow. Ilitch looks every bit of 83 years old.
                                I couldn't believe how young he looked when they showed the video of him and Maggs in 2005. I think he's aged 20 years in 7. He was struggling at the Lidstrom presser too. He's gone downhill fast, I don't know if he's got much time left.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X