This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

Bullet Bob Davidson is working 1st base tonight. That means he's going to be behind the plate tomorrow. Get ready for a gong show tomorrow afternoon.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

All credit goes to the Detroit News for this post.

Possible roster move coming right after tonight's game:

Dirks to the DL?

In a nutshell, Dirks was scratched from tonight's lineup, due to his nagging Achilles. Meanwhile, in Toledo, Matt Young was taken out of tonight's game early and was seen hugging teammates. If you put 2 and 2 together, it looks like Dirks to DL and Young to Detroit.

One problem: Young is not on the 40-man, so another roster move needs to be made to accommodate him. All signs point to Don Kelly.

Part 3 of tonight's doings: Ryan Raburn got a big ovation before his first at bat. Then he grounded into a double play. I'm not creative enough to make that up.

Matt Young is 29. Don't expect him to move mountains.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Crosby is done after 3.1. Mediocre outing at the very best, and even that is grading with a big curve. The kid's not ready yet.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm going to throw a name out there, and just file it away.

James Avery. Erie Seawolves. RHP. 28 years old in a week and a half.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Christ Almighty, Gump. Don't go diving into first base. Now, if you were hurt before the dive, you get a free pass, but don't do that on purpose.

UPDATE: Now Gump is out with a hammy injury.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Follow that up by killing a 2 on, no out rally in TWO PITCHES.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Well, when Cabrera hits the ball hard, and there's puff of dirt in front of home plate right afterwards, you know it's a bad sign.

GIDP to end it.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Crosby is done after 3.1. Mediocre outing at the very best, and even that is grading with a big curve. The kid's not ready yet.
                  Let's be honest, we should probably just trade him now. Nothing good can come out of having a Crosby in Detroit.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

All right. Got a beautiful night. The doors and windows are open in the house. Getting ready for a nice game......

Let's see just how big of a ****show this turns out to be.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 06-02-2012, 06:09 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Uh-oh.

We're playing with a 1-man bench tonight: Santiago. Laird and Dirks are unavailable (which we already knew) and Avila has a sore hamstring. We didn't make a move last night. Our emergency catcher is playing left field tonight.

This could be ugly.
                      Last edited by Hammer; 06-02-2012, 06:09 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Aaaaaaaaa rain delay. Figures. Haven't had a thing here all day.

God, that was fun...

Comment

You totally forgot the "Buck and McCarver calling the game" part.

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_ODcECzxGQ/T4sMKffGa8I/AAAAAAAAA88/LnQ8Dvynqbg/s1600/michael-scott-no.gif******

Comment

And...we're back on.
                            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
                              CABRERA!!!

1-0, bottom 4.

Jiminey Jeebus. People don't go that far on vacation. That thing landed in the 2nd row of the trees.

God, that was fun...

Comment

436 feet my aching ***. It's 436 to the flag pole.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X