X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

Dear Don Kelly,

If you cannot perform the basic task of laying down a sacrifice bunt, please remove yourself from the lineup. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Tigers fans

p.s. Please pass this message onto Ryan Raburn, with the alteration that he stop continuously hitting into double plays.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I'd consider it progress if both of them knew which end of the bat to hold upon arrival at the batter's box.

Raburn is hitting .154. On May 27.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It would also be nice if Porcello actually tried to hold a runner on 1st base sometime this decade.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Dear Don Kelly,

If you cannot perform the basic task of laying down a sacrifice bunt, please remove yourself from the lineup. Thank you.

Sincerely,
          Tigers fans
          How about they just stop ****ing bunting in general. Nothing helps a struggling offense like giving away outs for free.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Holy crap, what a catch by Berry.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
              CABRERA!!!

4-3 Tigers, top 9. An absolute laser beam to dead center.

God, that was fun...

Comment

We'd be better off if we just beaned that ****er.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good grief. That caught 3 inches of the plate.

God, that was fun...

Comment

funny pictures

4-3 final.

God, that was fun...

Comment

We've seen beginner's luck with Chris Shelton, but assuming Berry doesn't fall into the abyss soon, what happens when Jackson comes back? With Berry's productivity they'd be stupid to send him back down. The problem is that outfield is getting crowded, and there's only one DH spot for Boesch and Delmon. Do you take Dirks out? Start platooning Boesch, Delmon and Dirks between the field and DH?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

A month ago, we were wondering if we had enough outfielders.

Actually, the one I would get rid of is Don Kelly. Danny Worth can play any infield position, allegedly, and we'd have 5 outfielders. Kelly is not giving us anything offensively. For some strange reason they're still toying with the Ryan Raburn Debacle, so I doubt he's going anywhere soon. That leaves Kelly. Berry can be a pinch-runner, provide someone a day off in the outfield, and could be an honest late-inning defensive replacement.

Now watch. We'll send Berry back down, and we'll tromp along with two guys (Raburn & Kelly) that are hitting about as well as a crippled billygoat.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Don Kelly: hitting .164 and slugging .164. Zero extra base hits this season.
                          Ryan Raburn: hitting .151, and as of yesterday, was slugging .217.

These two make Brandon Inge look like Mike Schmidt.

God, that was fun...

Comment

The only thing Kelly has going for him is that he's the emergency catcher. I only remember the EC being used once in the last five years, but I suppose you always need one on the roster.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              The only thing Kelly has going for him is that he's the emergency catcher. I only remember the EC being used once in the last five years, but I suppose you always need one on the roster.
                              Well, if God Forbid something happens to Avila and Laird in the same game, its not like you could exactly have Leyland point to the fat guy in the front row and have him say, "Hey you with the pretzels, get in there!!", and have that guy able to catch a upper 90's fastball.

Personally, I would like em to see if Berry can play second base.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

How on earth are we hitting .279 with RISP?

We just got hosed by the 1st base umpire. We should be in the dugout.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X