This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

Well, at least we didn't give this one back by throwing one to the beer vendor.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

So Putkonen hasn't been pitching as bad as his ERA suggest. Someone get me the Bull Sheet. This guy gets lit up bad enough to embarass a Christmas tree.

God, that was fun...

Comment

All right. I've seen enough of this clown for a while. Let's get him back to Toledo before the Twins get to 14.

God, that was fun...

Comment

We could use the Doug Fister Growth Chart for grownups, too.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Collin Balester's going to lead the league in innings pitched at this rate.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Folks, this is why you don't want to over-expose your middle relief.

God, that was fun...

Comment

We haven't had a two-game winning streak in a month. Read that again.

Since starting 5-1, we're 13-18.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I didn't watch that much of the game...I did see three of the four hits the Tigers had: HRs by Boesch, Dirks, & Prince. But that was it really, they lost 4 - 3. The Twins take the two game series. Fister: 4 runs on 9 hits 2 HR. 2 E - 6 E in two games (4th in the AL in errors).
                  Last edited by aygwm2; 05-17-2012, 03:06 PM.
                  NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I didn't watch it, either. I'm not going to watch the replay tonight, as I don't need the aggravation in my life.

Ramon Santiago has a habit of allowing his brain to run right down his leg. Liriano comes in, and it's not exactly a secret that he's having control problems. Two runners are on. Common sense dictates that you take the first pitch, correct? Apparently not, since Ramon the Rockhead swings at the first pitch and then promptly buries himself in an 0-2 hole. This caveman baseball bull**** that gets into his head, thinking he's Mickey Mantle and he's going to bash the next pitch halfway to Windsor, has got to stop.

I did a calculation. An accountant does a calculation. I know, go figure. As I stated last night, and adding in today's result, the Tigers are now 13-19 since that 5-1 start. We have not had a two-game winning streak since April 17. That 13-19 clip is good for a .406 percentage. Taking away that 5-1 start, if we play the rest of the way at a .406 clip, that's 63-93, plus the 5-1 start, good for a 68-94 season. If that happens, fire everyone. That might be enough to kill Mr. Ilitch right there.

Now. We're not going to finish 68-94. At least we better not. But we've played at that clip for more than a month now, and things don't look like they're getting any better. How much longer to we wait on this before significant changes are made? I don't think we can wait a month. We were supposed to be able to make something that resembles a good run this month, and here we are.

I don't like where this is trending.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

We have 20% of our starting pitching going past 7 innings right now, with a collecitve ERA over 5.00. We have a minor league middle relief staffthat is gassed and an aged trio of closers that have cocked up a half dozen games already. Add that to a lineup that has kicked the ball around (that was expected this season) and have not driven in runs in key spots when the pitching is there. Sure, they'll pop 5-8 runs on some teams... but when you give up 14 runs against the Effin Twins... in two games...even the '29 Yankees would not win.

Some one mentioned that the players aren't complaining about Leyland- he!!- I wouldn't either with the way he is defending the type of bush league baseball they are playing. That is what is driving the fans nuts. Stupid, unfocused, braindead, dick in hand baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                        I didn't watch that much of the game...I did see three of the four hits the Tigers had: HRs by Boesch, Dirks, & Prince. But that was it really, they lost 4 - 3.
                        They basically played home run derby instead of actual baseball. Three home runs and about twenty 325 foot weak pop flies.

There's really no excuse for losing two in a row at home to a team that bad. There's still plenty of time to make a run, but they really don't look good right now.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I come in from mowing to see this. Okay.

Delmon the Nazi has homered in the 4th, and the Tigers have a 4-0 lead.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Kelly with a Jacksonian play to end the top of the 6th.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Kelly with a Jacksonian play to end the top of the 6th.
                              I wasn't going to say anything, but that one may just be pretty important.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Nothing except Homer Lights allowed until further notice.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X