X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Well, Jimmy got run due to the umpire spending the better part of four innings giving Verlander a proctology exam without the use of fingers.

Oh, and Gump just left the bases loaded to end the 5th. We're going to lose this one, too.
    I think they've been overdue for a game that would collectively **** em all off, and light the proverbial fire under their cheeks. Sure hope this one is it and it will snap them out of the funk they've been in as of late.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Now if Gump had swung the bat like this, I wouldn't have spent the better part of 2 years riding his *** like a pony at Churchill Downs.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good grief. I didn't realize Brooks Robinson was Venezuelan and weighed ~275 pounds. That was a helluva play.

God, that was fun...

Comment

well I wonder which tiger that is being booed unmercifully now, will be run out of town next. Valverde gets a lot of boos, Rayburn too. How about Delmon young, or Benoit, Or maybe one of our bull pen guys.
          Overall we as fans are not all that smart, as we think we are.

Any bets that Inge hits a walkoff Grand slam against us too?
          I think the tigers brass are sensitive to the fans and they get rid of guys people don't like, so who's the next victim?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

You're totally right. We should have kept the Great Check Swing Big Mouth for a few more months. I mean, it's only been since the middle of 2009 since he was utterly hopeless at the sport. At least Raburn's hit the ball in the last 12 months.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Scott Sizemore started off well last year in Oakland, too. But at the end of the year his numbers were mediocre at best. Brandon Inge is 35 and has not been anything resembling a productive hitter since 2009. Infatuation with Brandon Inge helped get us into this hole in the first place.

Look. The whole lineup is struggling right now.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                well I wonder which tiger that is being booed unmercifully now, will be run out of town next. Valverde gets a lot of boos, Rayburn too. How about Delmon young, or Benoit, Or maybe one of our bull pen guys.
                Overall we as fans are not all that smart, as we think we are.

Any bets that Inge hits a walkoff Grand slam against us too?
                I think the tigers brass are sensitive to the fans and they get rid of guys people don't like, so who's the next victim?
                Of course! How did we miss it? Getting rid of the guy hitting .100 is the reason our offense isn't producing and why our bullpen can't keep a lead.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Like many, I expected the Tigers to be much better at this point.
                  The starters have shwn us glimpses of promise. I think the bats will kick in.
                  We are hurting for quality pitching in late innings. No warm fuzzy feeling there.

Comment

The scary part is, I don't think there's much out there that would qualify as an upgrade in the pen. They're going to have to pull it together or we're just going to bleed.

Boesch is really struggling. It looks to me like Peralta had his career year last year. I still think Delmon's days in Detroit are numbered. And we still don't have a 2B.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Hammer from Volume II:

"I'm not going to panic yet. I figured we'd be just above .500 at the end of April. I did not figure we'd get swept by Seattle. I also did not figure we would lose Fister for the better part of a month, either.

Now. If we're still at .500 after May, we're in trouble. "

Tigers were 77-0 last season with the lead after 7. This season: 9-8. Eight f-n times...combination of weak hitting and sporatic relief pitching. 88 wins may be a stretch at this rate...

Comment

88 might still be enough in this race to be the tallest midget.

Although we're on the road for a bit, we still should be able to right the ship. The starting pitching has been stellar as of late.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Brandon Inge at 3B and Bartolo Colon on the mound. This has all the ingredients for a 9-inning dumpster fire.

God, that was fun...

Comment

***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
                            DIRKS!!!

1-0, two batters in.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Single run in the top half. That's usually a bad omen...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Ummmm....never mind. Colon is gone here in the 3rd and it's 7-2. If we blow this one...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X