X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

Porcello sucks.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

And we've done next to nothing since Fielder's home run.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The 1st inning bombs and Cabrera's run in the 8th aside, this game is a steamy **** sandwich served on moldy bread.

God, that was fun...

Comment

**** me. I might have to go watch E.T. on Hub Network.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Jimmy's got a beef there. While the runners did not necessarily pass each other, the lead runner touched 2nd before the trail runner touched 2nd trying to get back.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not the best start out of Annibal Sanchez, but we didn't give him anything to work with, either. Omar Infante hasn't done much yet, either.

2 1/2 behind the White Sox now. We're further behind them than we were before we swept them.

Looking at the pitching matchups before the series started, I figured we'd drop 2 out of 3 from Toronto. But this is the one I thought we'd win.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yesterday, I was able to listen to the Tigers' last at bat and the post-game on the radio as I drove home from work. One of the comments that Jim Price made was something like, "this team (meaning the Tigers of course) is difficult to figure out."

That's pretty much how I feel. You don't really know what you're going to get from this team, day to day and night to night.

Sure Cabrera, Fielder, and Verlander are the anchors of the team, but when those anchors aren't in the water the Tigers' ship is either at a dead calm or being tossed from wave to wave on the high seas. Maybe it is the Skipper (Jimmy Smokes) who's the problem. But, don't the Tigers have enough talent that they should be scoring more runs and not losing to the Jays by scores of 8 - 3 and 5 - 1?

It's kind of disappointing that Infante is off to a 2 for 17 start at the plate with 0 RBI and 1 Run scored.

With Fister on the mound today, I'm afraid it will be another question of "what are we going to get today?"
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

*****http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******

PERALTA!!!

3-1 Tigers, top 2.

God, that was fun...

Comment

PERALTA - 2!!!

4-1 Tigers, top 9.

Big insurance run there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

funny pictures

4-1 final.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        ....Looking at the pitching matchups before the series started, I figured we'd drop 2 out of 3 from Toronto.....
                        And on to Boston we go. Looking at the pitching matchups, I'm expecting the same for this series. One out of three.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          And on to Boston we go. Looking at the pitching matchups, I'm expecting the same for this series. One out of three.
                          We have certainly struggled in Boston but I think we'll get two. don't ask me why. I noticed today that the big boys didn't have a single hit.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Well, on Friday night the big boys hit back-to-back bombs, and that didn't help us, either. *shrug*

Harrelson's Heroes lost to Texas so we stay 1 1/2 back.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's about time Texas did something other then bend over and let Chicago bugger them.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

JACKSON!!

2 pitches into the game.

Single runs in the 1st do not bode well for us in general.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X