This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 3 - The Alan Trammell version

First of all, I saw the non-balk call. It was bad. When Tommy Brookens gets ejected, something is wrong.

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
    WRONG on both predictions.
    Eh. Close enough for my tastes. And it's closer to the truth than the Tigers are to 1st place. Which leads me to...

No end in sight to the free fall.
    This.

The above quote is 100% true. I don't see an end in sight. We're 11-21 in our last 32. We've played 5 full weeks of .344 baseball. And this was supposed to be the month where things got better. If we go another month like this we're going to wake up on July 4th 15 games out of first, at best.

I was listening this afternoon, and Jim Price (!!!) was quite critical at one point. To paraphrase: "There isn't anything you can point to on this team and say that they are doing this well. They're not hitting. They're not fielding. They're not pitching, Verlander exempted. They're not doing the little things, like getting bunts down." He didn't sugar coat any of this, like he normally would. Like Tom Brookens getting ejected, when Jim Price is this critical of the team, something is seriously wrong.

I would fire Lloyd McClendon immediately. The approaches at the plate are not good. Jackson (and Berry, for that matter) have been good. Dirks started well, but he is cooling off, as to be expected. He wasn't going to hit .340 this year. Cabrera is a little short on his average, and Fielder is a bit short on the power numbers, but they've got more than enough track record that states that they will produce. Other than that, we've gotten absolutely nothing out of the bottom half of this lineup. Second base has been a black hole for three years now, and Peralta has 1 home run, I think. Alex Avila has not come close to his performance last year. Boesch has been disappointing, and Delmon has fallen flat on his face in his salary drive year. All of this in the last three sentences is completely unacceptable, given the payroll, last season's result, and the expectations of that combination.

Now. Lloyd is not the only one at fault here. But this is where I would start. The pitching has not been good outside of Verlander, Fister, and most of Smyly's starts. Do we fire the pitching coach, too? The fielding is not fundamentally sound. Hell, Prince Fielder can't even throw the baseball 70 feet in the air apparently. Do we fire Belliard and Brookens as well? That's the problem. If we fire the entire coaching staff, it's going to be just Marlboro Jimmy and Fat Gene Lamont in the dugout.

This offense was expected to produce runs, not indigestion. They scored a whopping 6 runs against Cleveland and stranded about 261. I start with the offense here and say goodbye to Legendary Lloyd. Obviously this move must come from Dombrowski, because Leyland will certainly not do so. And if this goes on much more than a couple weeks, Dombrowski is going to have to replace a manager as well. We can't be sitting here on June 20th, 12 games under .500.

Again, since our 9-3 start, we've played the last 32 games at 11-21. If we play like this the rest of the way, we're looking at 60-102. That's not going to happen, but that gives you an idea of the pace we've put up the last month and change. We haven't even won 2 in a row in 36 days.

We can't wait much longer, if any. I've seen enough.
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-24-2012, 06:50 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

This is 2008 over again. And good for Jim Price. The only thing he can say positive these days is "nice area." (Even if he is talking about downriver.)

Comment

Peralta can't turn the double play and it costs us 2 runs. Another fundamental ****-up.

2-0 Twins. Same ****, different day.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Is it just me, or are the batter's boxes not square with home plate?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Avila bails Peralta's rear-end out with a 2-run double to center.

3-2 Tigers, top 2.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Villareal, you haven't impressed me in the least so far, but at least I thought you had the brains not to throw the ball to 2nd when NO ONE WAS EVEN CLOSE TO THE ****ING BASE!!

Maybe we should send the Career Builder monkeys into the field tomorrow. They might have more brains than this merry bunch of retards.
              Last edited by Hammer; 05-27-2012, 05:39 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Villareal is a one man ****-show. This guy is approaching Gump Laird status.

God, that was fun...

Comment

That was a gift. They must be learning from our infield.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Villareal is a one man ****-show. This guy is approaching Gump Laird status.
                    Fortunately, you're playing the Twins in the first game of a series in Minnesota.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

We haven't won two in a row since April 18th.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*** Raburn.

This is like watching a trainwreck meet a dumpster fire.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

The next explanation I hear as to why Raburn in right field is a good idea will be the first.

God, that was fun...

Comment

All right. That's enough of Coke. He's about to meltdown.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Someone got tossed there, but let's not show that. Let's show a commercial instead.

The production people need to be beaten with shovels.

God, that was fun...

Comment

funny pictures

10-6 final.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X