Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your new Los Angeles Vikings

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    How many types of German food have you tried?
    Lots, in Germany and Austria. The "Tex Mex" style of "German" food that made it over into the states is fine, but that's Taco Bell German. The real deal in Vienna or Tyrolia is so heavy and turbid that it's inedible, and I've heard that just as in the UK the farther north you go the worse it gets.

Disclaimer: I have never been to Munich, from where most great German things emanate, so they may have a whole other thing going on there. But Bavarians hate the rest of Germany anyway. Also, I have never been to Alsace, though they would probably say their cuisine was French.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      How many types of German food have you tried?
      Ever been to a German-Chinese restaurant?

30 minutes later you're hungry for more power.
      tm - Dick Cavett

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

tm - Dick Cavett

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblo...ticle=10117055
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I am confused. How will they complete 75% of the stadium where the Metrodome is currently standing while still playing there?
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Sweet. If they follow the Twins trajectory we'll have blackouts in 3 years.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Well to be fair the Wilfs do spend money on the team, sign free agents and so forth. I will still never understand why Minneapolis/Minnesota rewarded the Pohlads with a stadium with the way they have run things over the years and how they have treated the fans and the community.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  But the Minnesota Legislature passed a law saying the NFL can't blackout any Vikings games!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

tm - Dick Cavett
                    outSTANDING!
                    I wish I could remember good jokes. I'm missing that brain part.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Well to be fair the Wilfs do spend money on the team, sign free agents and so forth. I will still never understand why Minneapolis/Minnesota rewarded the Pohlads with a stadium with the way they have run things over the years and how they have treated the fans and the community.
                      They do spend money. Their biggest issue is they don't know who to hire and they panic thinking someone else is going to hire someone away from them.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        I am confused. How will they complete 75% of the stadium where the Metrodome is currently standing while still playing there?
                        They won't. They'll play *at least* one season at TCF. I hope they can sequence the construction/demolition to only play there one season, it seems likely it'll take two.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          They won't. They'll play *at least* one season at TCF. I hope they can sequence the construction/demolition to only play there one season, it seems likely it'll take two.
                          article says 2 yrs at dome till 75% done. then 1 yr at tcf.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Rouladen. Sauerbraten. Potato pancakes with applesauce. My great-grandmother's streudel. German style potato salad (by far superior to any other potato salad in life). An overabundance of great ways to eat pork. Pickled herring. Holy ****, I'm hungry right now.
                            Now you got me thinking about Maultashen. It's a regional dish from Swabia. I did a couple of weeks there and their was this restaurant there that really specialized in it. Basically, it's an oversized ravioli, and they had a lot tasty ways of cooking it. Really have to find some place in the states that makes it.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Really have to find some place in the states that makes it.
                              Delicious. My grandmother made that every once and a while.

As for restaurants, a quick Google search shows that the Schwaben House in Greenville, SC serves it.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                See the parking lot behind the 'Dome? Kiss it goodbye. Build there for as long as possible, then start demo on the 'Dome at the last possible moment. Other places this happened?

St. Louis (Busch Stadium III)
                                *****http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.ballparktour.com/Busch_Construction_Showcase1.jpg&sa=X&ei=JX-sT7bKDci46QGovJi0BA&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFAcPBnO4EOY5LW-pTwuhyi7W3SxA******

Cincinnati
                                *****http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.ballparktour.com/GAB-1101.jpg&sa=X&ei=b3-sT4XIHaTY6gG-t8XNBA&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFFqeGCtB9nYTCeOJrHV7eFtNkjMQ******
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X