Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your new Los Angeles Vikings

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
    Not here nor there really, but I wonder if the bolded is true. Say you're a fan of a team in Minnesota, but you've never even been there. Do you really care where they play?
    Kind of. The amount of irritation that has to pile up for a team to move is enough that if the Sharks up and left for Quebec City, Kansas City, or Seattle (and it wasn't clearly a Phoenix level community failure), I'd probably either find a different NHL team or drop the sport on a pro level for a few years.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

C Ya.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

An update from an ESPN blog:

The state House of Representatives formally took up the bill at 3 p.m. ET, but debating the stadium bill has proved difficult given the volume of chants from fans just outside the chamber walls. Eventually, according to onlookers, House Speaker Kurt Zellers asked that the doors remained closed so the debate could be heard by all members.

If you're following the play-by-play on Twitter or via the House's closed-circuit feed, you know that members approved an amendment that increased the Vikings' share in the $975 million project from $427 million to $532 million. It's doubtful the Vikings would go for that change, but it's important to note that amendments are always subject to negotiation when a final bill is drafted. It wouldn't be surprising to see the bill changed in other ways as well.

In the end, however, the goal for stadium supporters is to continue to push the ball down the field. In the end, that would mean approval in some form from the House and moving on to the Senate. Again, the House could be hours and hours away from a final vote. Stay tuned.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Hopefully Kalil didn't cancel his lease for his LA apartment yet...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

"We'll cut a kicker every hour until this stadium bill is agreed to!"

Comment

I liked the lady that basically wanted the NFL to violate their own existing TV contracts.

You know, we should all spend a few hours a week watching our state/local/national politicians just so we're reminded about the absolutely idiotic things they say.

Edit:
              @johnkriesel

One of my colleagues just talked about the fact that the NFL was looking into having a cable network. News flash: they launched it in 2003.
              Last edited by bronconick; 05-07-2012, 05:32 PM.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                If you're following the play-by-play on Twitter or via the House's closed-circuit feed, you know that members approved an amendment that increased the Vikings' share in the $975 million project from $427 million to $532 million. It's doubtful the Vikings would go for that change, but it's important to note that amendments are always subject to negotiation when a final bill is drafted. It wouldn't be surprising to see the bill changed in other ways as well.
                Given how much of Wylf's 'contribution' comes form stadium naming rights and the NFL, Wylf can gfh if he doesn't want to up the Vikings' ante.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  They're gone. I have zero faith in the politicians to not screw this up. Guess I can be a Packer fan now.
                  F that. If they leave I'm becoming a Chiefs fan. Or some other bandwagon.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

*****http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7344/42781010150872541050948.jpg******

John Kriesel, you are my hero.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                      The one banner that included "Don't become the 3rd Dakota" was somewhat amusing, at least.

HA!

Third Dakota - love it!

Comment

It just passed the House. YAY!!!!
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

And it passes....

Oh, and Kriesel wins the debate for the HELP! sign...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Now to the Senate..

$515 million is what Zygi will pay..that has to be one of the highest amounts an owner has put forth?
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              Now to the Senate..

$515 million is what Zygi will pay..that has to be one of the highest amounts an owner has put forth?
                              No, the stadiums that are 100% privately funded - including the $1B+ Dallas stadium and the stadium, coincidentally, that's being proposed in LA - have more money put into them by their owners.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                No, the stadiums that are 100% privately funded - including the $1B+ Dallas stadium and the stadium, coincidentally, that's being proposed in LA - have more money put into them by their owners.
                                Wouldn't the problem have been solved already if the cheapskate had just said Fu-- it and built a new stadium himself?
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X