RFK Assassination: witness tells CNN 2 shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFK Assassination: witness tells CNN 2 shooters

once again the wound is re-opened, re-examined, dissected. and once again I have the feeling that the single-shooter story as put forward by authorities as the truth behind 1, if not all 3 murders of RFK, MLK, JFK, is false, if not an outright intentional fabrication.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/28/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

at this rate I don't think we'll ever know what happened in 68x2 or 63. depressing really.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Re: RFK Assassination: witness tells CNN 2 shooters

There was a columnist in 1965 who knew. She was murdered by the government, and it was made to look like a suicide. RIP Dorothy Kilgallen.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      once again the wound is re-opened, re-examined, dissected. and once again I have the feeling that the single-shooter story as put forward by authorities as the truth behind 1, if not all 3 murders of RFK, MLK, JFK, is false, if not an outright intentional fabrication.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/28/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

at this rate I don't think we'll ever know what happened in 68x2 or 63. depressing really.
      Why did I know before I ever opened your post that this was a William Pepper production? He has evidently moved on from his claims that Army Rangers killed Dr.King and is now promoting this fairy tail. Why do you instinctively give credence to what some old lady says she saw and did over 40 years ago? Is there any offer of proof? Any at all? Or are we just supposed to give her the benefit of the doubt, relying on our paranoia that "unknown anti-Kennedy" forces were responsible?

William Pepper cannot be believed. He is a lying, irresponsible, publicity seeking scoundrel, whose many versions of famous events have all proven to be untrue. Sam Donalson put Pepper and a member of the group he'd said shot Dr. King together. And the ex-Ranger looked like he was about to beat Pepper to death. Told him he wouldn't shake hands with him. The guy was very angry. And why not? This pipsqueak had accused him of being an active participant in a murder.

The heart of Pepper's Dr. King theory is that evil forces sent a Ranger hit team to Memhis to take out Dr. King and they fired the fatal shot from ground level across the street. Now compare that with the picture we've all seen of Dr. King lying mortally wounded on the balconey, and several of his associates all pointing to a shooting point higher than ground level. Did they all get it wrong? The shot didn't come from across the street, from a higher point, it came from right in front? Really?

The night of Bobby's shooting, one of the most famous audio tapes of the event had an unknown reporter yelling to Rosie Grier (paraphrasing): "Get the gun. Get the gun, Rosie. Break his thumb if you have to. We don't want another Oswald." A whole roomful of people saw Sirhan shoot RFK. And they didn't see another gunman. Over the years we've had the usual post hoc ergo propor hoc logic: the "woman in the polka dot dress" and all the rest. But nothing approaching the sort of evidence we'd need to change the verdict of history.

As to JFK, IMO a rookie prosecutor could have convicted Owald. He was there. He was shooting (there were ear witnesses to his shooting directly below him on the 5th floor). Every bullet recovered matched Oswald's to the exclusion of any other rifle in the world. Oswald was the only depository employee who took off after the shooting. He told the guy who gave him a ride to work that morning that he had curtain rods (for his furnished room which had curtain rods) in a long package wrapped in brown paper. After the shooting, cops found no curtain rods, they did, however find the rifle and the brown paper. And Oswald had tried a previous unsuccessful assassination on the right wing nut General Walker.

Interesting side story: Robert McNeill of NBC (later of McNeill/Lehrer) was in Dallas that day and rushed into the depository looking for a pay phone. He asked some guy where they were. The guy pointed and headed on out the door. It was Oswald.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 04-29-2012, 09:12 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        There was a columnist in 1965 who knew. She was murdered by the government, and it was made to look like a suicide. RIP Dorothy Kilgallen.
        I read about that and it scared the **** out of me to be honest. I wish she had recorded notes. IIRC she was bragging the weekend of her murder that she had news that was going to blow up the jfk case

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

She knew in '65 who was responsible for killing Bobby in '68? Or are you referring to JFK? Either way Dorthy Kilgallen (who was a regular on "What's My Line") was only periferally involved. She died of a combination of booze and sleeping pills. She does, however, remain prominently on that list of people "killed" after the JFK assassination. And conspiracy theorists continue to scare themselves sleepless by telling and retelling that fairy tail.

And why didn't this "conspiracy," which killed dozens of people, some of whom had absolutely nothing to do with JFK, kill Mark Lane?
          Last edited by Old Pio; 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Why did I know before I ever opened your post that this was a William Pepper production? He has evidently moved on from his claims that Army Rangers killed Dr.King and is now promoting this fairy tail. Why do you instinctively give credence to what some old lady says she saw and did over 40 years ago? Is there any offer of proof? Any at all? Or are we just supposed to give her the benefit of the doubt, relying on our paranoia that "unknown anti-Kennedy" forces were responsible?

William Pepper cannot be believed. He is a lying, publicity seeking scoundrel, whose many versions of famous events have all proven to be untrue. Sam Donalson put Pepper and a member of the group he'd said shot Dr. King together. And the ex-Ranger looked like he was about to beat Pepper to death. Told him he wouldn't shake hands with him. The guy was very angry. And why not? This pipsqueak had accused him of being an active participant in a murder.

The night of Bobby's shooting, one of the most famous audio tapes of the event had an unknown reporter yelling to Rosie Grier (paraphrasing): "Get the gun. Get the gun, Rosie. Break his thumb if you have to. We don't want another Oswald." A whole roomful of people saw Sirhan shoot RFK. And they didn't see another gunman. Over the years we've had the usual post hoc ergo propor hoc logic: the "woman in the polka dot dress" and all the rest. But nothing approaching the sort of evidence we'd need to change the verdict of history.

As to JFK, IMO a rookie prosecutor could have convicted Owald. He was there. He was shooting (there were ear witnesses to his shooting directly below him on the 5th floor). Every bullet recovered matched Oswald's to the exclusion of any other rifle in the world. Oswald was the only depository employee who took off after the shooting. He told the guy who gave him a ride to work that morning that he had curtain rods (for his furnished room which had curtain rods) in a long package wrapped in brown paper. After the shooting, cops found no curtain rods, they did, however find the rifle. And Oswald had tried a previous unsuccessful assassination on the right wing nut General Walker.

Interesting side story: Robert McNeill of NBC (later of McNeill/Lehrer) was in Dallas that day and rushed into the depository looking for a pay phone. He asked some guy where they were. The guy pointed and headed on out the door. It was Oswald.
            I'm far from an expert, years ago I read a few books and left it at that in regard to all 3 of these. so I know only what my teachers told me which is what gov't told us over the years, and then what some of the books put forth which was a much different picture. what I come back to is this, there's nothing to gain by a 68-year old woman coming forward now except a. ridicule or b. maybe, just maybe she can help forward and spotlight information we didn't/don't have

if you want my .02 I feel there was more going on to the jfk than just oswald but we're never going to know exactly what and who. I just simply don't believe this guy did this by himself. I don't believe he killed the cop (certainly don't believe that based on the evidence) and I don't believe he was going to the movie theater for anything other than to meet someone.

re: general walker I don't think I've read anywhere from anyone that Oswald had anything to do w/that. in fact, what I read said there were no suspects...again that was years ago I read all this, early 90's so...

but the rfk one is becoming more interesting to me as there is real activity there now...

Comment

She knew in '65 who was responsible for killing Bobby in '68? Or are you referring to JFK? Either way Dorthy Kilgallen (who was a regular on "What's My Line") was only periferally involved. She died of a combination of booze and sleeping pills. She does, however, remain prominently on that list of people "killed" after the JFK assassination. And conspiracy theorists continue to scare themselves sleepless by telling and retelling that fairy tail.
              that one was jfk. I may have to re-open whatever book I read her story in.

Comment

that one was jfk. I may have to re-open whatever book I read her story in.
                She's definitely on the list of people "killed" by the JFK conspiracy, all right. But even assuming she made the statement about "blowing up the JFK case," why would you believe her, absent any evidence? She may have been drunk. Or showing off. Or referring to something unrelated to who "actually" killed the president.

William Manchester (author of "American Caesar" and "The Arms of Krupp") wrote the first history of JFK's death. It was called "Death of a President." And the Kennedy's gave him access to make sure he told the story right. He has said (paraphrasing): In the Holocaust you had a rough balance--greatest crime, greatest criminals. But in the killing of President Kennedy it doesn't seem to balance. The life of this president as against "this wretched waif, Owald." Greater weight is needed to balance the loss of a president. A conspiracy would do nicely.

I've mentioned before that Jackie Cooper Jr was a roommate of mine for a while at DU. Coop was utterly convinced it was a conspiracy, and that LBJ was responsible. I haven't talked to him in decades. Wonder if he still blames LBJ or if he's found other villains?
                Last edited by Old Pio; 04-29-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I read about that and it scared the **** out of me to be honest. I wish she had recorded notes. IIRC she was bragging the weekend of her murder that she had news that was going to blow up the jfk case
                  She did have notes. They were destroyed.

Comment

I'm far from an expert, years ago I read a few books and left it at that in regard to all 3 of these. so I know only what my teachers told me which is what gov't told us over the years, and then what some of the books put forth which was a much different picture. what I come back to is this, there's nothing to gain by a 68-year old woman coming forward now except a. ridicule or b. maybe, just maybe she can help forward and spotlight information we didn't/don't have

if you want my .02 I feel there was more going on to the jfk than just oswald but we're never going to know exactly what and who. I just simply don't believe this guy did this by himself. I don't believe he killed the cop (certainly don't believe that based on the evidence) and I don't believe he was going to the movie theater for anything other than to meet someone.

re: general walker I don't think I've read anywhere from anyone that Oswald had anything to do w/that. in fact, what I read said there were no suspects...again that was years ago I read all this, early 90's so...

but the rfk one is becoming more interesting to me as there is real activity there now...
                    No offense intended, but has your reading included any book that supports the official version of what happend in Dallas? Or have you limited yourself only to conspiracy books? There are two very good books I'd recommend: "Case Closed," by Gerald Posner and "Reclaiming History" by Vince Bugliosi.

What people get when they come forward decades later is attention, free meals, hotel rooms, plane rides, TV interviews and support from the conspiracy theorists. For many years after the assassination, Jean Hill (who was prominently featured in Oliver Stone's work of fiction) used to pass out business cards identifying herself as "the witness closest to the shooting." And until the day she died, she was an honored guest at conspiracy conventions. She was standing next to her friend, Mary Mooreman, who took the famous polaroid in which people with extremely vivid imaginations claim to see "badge man."

In the Hisotry Channel series "The Men Who Killed Kennedy," (which concluded it was Corsican drug dealers!) a guy by the name of Gordon Arnold came forward claiming to have been on the grassy knoll, in his Army uniform, and a shot passed directly over this head. Trouble is, none of the countless photos of the grassy knoll that day show anybody in an Army uniform. The standards of proof for people who offer these kinds of claims are non-existant. But they always receive a warm reception in some quarters (see previous paragraph)

The inference of subjective motivation from objective result is the dark heart of any conspiracy theory. I would just respectfully suggest broadening your horizons a bit to include opposing views. IMO, this latest Pepper side show amounts to nothing and will result in nothing.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 04-29-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

She did have notes. They were destroyed.
                      Notes of what? If they were destroyed, how do we know what they contained?

Comment

So is mookie posting as solovsfett now?

Did mookie get another chain e-mail?

Comment

Notes of what? If they were destroyed, how do we know what they contained?
                          After the number of times she went to Texas, do you really think she had it all memorised? I mean, she was a very brilliant woman, but given she also did newspaper reporting with "The Voice of Broadway", I would think she'd write it down.

Also, everyone forgets that Oswald was NOT charged with killing Kennedy, but rather another officer. How is it, all of a sudden, that he becomes the fall guy?

Comment

After the number of times she went to Texas, do you really think she had it all memorised? I mean, she was a very brilliant woman, but given she also did newspaper reporting with "The Voice of Broadway", I would think she'd write it down.

Also, everyone forgets that Oswald was NOT charged with killing Kennedy, but rather another officer. How is it, all of a sudden, that he becomes the fall guy?
                            By "it" I assume you're referring to alleged, never proven, suggestions that she had some secret knowledge of the assassination. Given that she was a well known drunk, if she had "proof" she probably would have written it down. However, it's not possible to know what was in notes that were destroyed, is it? And anything else about what she did or didn't "know" about the assassination is just speculation and hearsay.

As to charging of Oswald, I suspect they would have gotten around to it eventually. Federal/state issues to resolve. Charging him with killing Officer Tippitt was sufficient to hold him without bail.
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 04-29-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

No offense intended, but has your reading included any book that supports the official version of what happend in Dallas? Or have you limited yourself only to conspiracy books? There are two very good books I'd recommend: "Case Closed," by Gerald Posner and "Reclaiming History" by Vince Bugliosi.

What people get when they come forward decades later is attention, free meals, hotel rooms, plane rides, TV interviews and support from the conspiracy theorists. For many years after the assassination, Jean Hill (who was prominently featured in Oliver Stone's work of fiction) used to pass out business cards identifying herself as "the witness closest to the shooting." And until the day she died, she was an honored guest at conspiracy conventions. She was standing next to her friend, Mary Mooreman, who took the famous polaroid in which people with extremely vivid imaginations claim to see "badge man."

In the Hisotry Channel series "The Men Who Killed Kennedy," (which concluded it was Corsican drug dealers!) a guy by the name of Gordon Arnold came forward claiming to have been on the grassy knoll, in his Army uniform, and a shot passed directly over this head. Trouble is, none of the countless photos of the grassy knoll that day show anybody in an Army uniform. The standards of proof for people who offer these kinds of claims are non-existant. But they always receive a warm reception in some quarters (see previous paragraph)

The inference of subjective motivation from objective result is the dark heart of any conspiracy theory. I would just respectfully suggest broadening your horizons a bit to include opposing views. IMO, this latest Pepper side show amounts to nothing and will result in nothing.
                              I've read Posner. the thing is on both sides there isn't any questioning whatsoever of their own theories, and I DO call Posner a theorist as much as Mark Lane. Posner was on the hunt to destroy conspiracy theories and his book came out immediately after the movie to try and debunk Lane, and Gordon (over whoever the guy was that published the book w/all the pictures). there was a lot of money made on both sides of this, and I'm sure there still will be

like I said, I don't believe in a particular story or theory here except that a 2nd shooter in rfk is sounding compelling given the acoustic evidence, and I believe that the "official stories" are missing some pretty significant facts.

there never was a full investigation as to who killed tippet, nor why those bullets didn't match LHO's gun

anyway, that's tangential, my point is holy **** another person comes forward saying there was more than 1 shooter in one of the JFK/RFK/MLK shootings.

what she has to gain by this (I cannot fathom what she'd gain actually) seems insignificant to the wave of stories that will now come out against her

Comment

Working...
                              X