Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: Playoffs! Pick Your Overtime Winners!

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    I wonder how many trolls will flame Ward tonight because they are jerkish trolls.
    Already started.

Hopefully the Internet does the same thing they did last time.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

John Anderson does it again; yet again beating the Milwaukee Admirals Nashville Predators.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Guess I'm rooting for the Kings in the West.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Here we go again. (NSFW language)
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
            A double minor taken in the 60th minute of play leads to a game tieing PPG with 6 seconds remaining in regulation time and then the game winning goal in overtime. It's the kind of finish that makes you think it might be the Rangers' year.
            But the refs are out to get the Rangers! Or something...
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

How about them' Yotes! Gotta be happy to see Shane Doan getting some playoff success after all he's been through with the franchise. Way to go Doaner!
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                How about them' Yotes! Gotta be happy to see Shane Doan getting some playoff success after all he's been through with the franchise. Way to go Doaner!
                It's great! I think now that my team's out I want them to win it all. Did you see Mike Smith miss getting an empty-netter by a foot? That would have been awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                  Agreed - happy to see a guy who's stuck with his franchise for so long having success. And how about the irony of the old Jets finally having a deep playoff run in the first year of the new Jets' existence?
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

REDaero, RKarger, and lugnut were the only 3 posters (of 11) to pick the Coyotes to advance to the WCF (and they're all RPI fans; it's a conspiracy, I tells ya). REDaero uses that win to push herself from T-4 with me to 2nd place, sending Statistics! (the leader after the Conference Quarterfinals) down to 4th and passing pardonme (who will probably pass her right back if the Devils can close out the series sometime in the next 3 games).

Quick correction, pardonme was actually in 2nd after the Kings series sweep. There was an error in my spreadsheet. I caught it. No harm done.

Statistics! is hoping for the Flyers to extend the series to 6 games as he is the only person who picked the series to go 6. 7 posters picked the series to go 5 games, so they're all hoping that the Devils win it tonight.

UMBlackBear43 was not only one of two posters to pick the Caps over the Rangers, but he was also the only one to pick the series to go 7, so he's desperately cheering for a Washington win tomorrow.

The Conference Finals are each worth 30 points, so pick wisely next round.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      Statistics! is hoping for the Flyers to extend the series to 6 games as he is the only person who picked the series to go 6. 7 posters picked the series to go 5 games, so they're all hoping that the Devils win it tonight.
                      The "Statistics!" entry is just whatever was most likely to occur when the round started based on what I've been posting all along. I was quite happy with it through the first round, but all of these "upsets" are ruining the numbers' dominance.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        The "Statistics!" entry is just whatever was most likely to occur when the round started based on what I've been posting all along. I was quite happy with it through the first round, but all of these "upsets" are ruining the numbers' dominance.
                        Alright, all future references to Statstics! will be "it" instead of "he."
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                        X